Vanessa Feltz

Comments

• TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry is on plenty of ignore lists for a reason ;)

I remember Vanessa saying on Celebrity Big Brother that playground bully's try to isolate and exclude, I don't think there is any danger of anyone on Strictly Come Dancing trying that on with her, she is also a very sensitive and kind hearted creature, so if rumours about her participation are true, Vanessa will be an absolute delight.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    so if rumours about her participation are true, Vanessa will be an absolute delight.

Terry, she's been confirmed! Then again, I suppose the home only let you on the internet at certain times of the day.

(kidding, of course... :o)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Vanessa saying on Celebrity Big Brother that playground bully's try to isolate and exclude, I don't think there is any danger of anyone on Strictly Come Dancing trying that on with her, she is also a very sensitive and kind hearted creature, so if rumours about her participation are true, Vanessa will be an absolute delight.

look Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq

its no rumour - she is doing it - she is smiling just for you
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst contestants in Strictly history - Feltz is the queen of reality shows, desperado just doesn't come close to describing her.
    Forum Member
    One of the worst contestants in Strictly history

Considering you haven't (nor has anyone else) seen a single second of Vanessa on the show, that can't be true. Fine, you may not like her, but it's impossible to be one of the worst contestants in Strictly history without having actually done anything!*

*not applicable to Widdy
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why everyone is being so horrible about Vanessa I think she will really work hard and want to be good on the show. I don't think she will be seen as the joke act.. She is vying for Pasha I think this would be a good partnership
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Vanessa and I'd be happy to see her partnered with Pasha. It's Pasha's turn to work with someone less skilled. Vanessa may bring out a more interesting Pasha ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering you haven't (nor has anyone else) seen a single second of Vanessa on the show, that can't be true. Fine, you may not like her, but it's impossible to be one of the worst contestants in Strictly history without having actually done anything!*

*not applicable to Widdy

I've seen her on Let's Dance for Comic Relief - that was enough.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she will be seen as the joke act..

I guess we'll know the answer to that once we see the pairings...
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    We shouldn't really judge a Strictly contestant by its cover.

A lot of us balked at Lisa and thought she'd be terrible- I really don't see the trouble with Vanessa, she may be a bit of a mouth piece, but I think she'll give it her all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lot of us balked at Lisa and thought she'd be terrible- I really don't see the trouble with Vanessa, she may be a bit of a mouth piece, but I think she'll give it her all

I wasn't a fan of Lisa, she was over-hyped.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is incredibly smart and articulate and often witty/self-deprecating, as others have mentioned. but I think she comes with a lot of 'baggage' and can't help but sound condescending at times. It's like a reflex action. I doubt she'll be popular, but stranger things have happened :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Vanessa so I hope she lasts a bit longer than she usually does in celeb reality shows. She's a grafter but it could be a bit much with her radio work as well. I wonder if the boyfriend will find time to support her? After all they still haven't found time to get married.;)
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Vanessa at all. I don't think that she is a nice person and I wish they had got Rebecca Adlington instead, who comes across as a genuine person and who has actually achieved so much more than a loud mouth reality queen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    look Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq

its no rumour - she is doing it - she is smiling just for you

I had a bad experience clicking these links, so I would rather wait until I see something in The Sun or The Daily Star tomorrow before I start to get excited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Vanessa and I'd be happy to see her partnered with Pasha. It's Pasha's turn to work with someone less skilled. Vanessa may bring out a more interesting Pasha ...

I love Vanessa too, I would love to see her dancing with Pasha.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I had a bad experience clicking these links, so I would rather wait until I see something in The Sun or The Daily Star tomorrow before I start to get excited.

Why are you refraining from believing that it's true? It's even reported on the main DS news page. :confused:
    Forum Member

Yes, we all know that the Daily Star are more reliable than a conformation by the BBC, the channel who produce the show. Oh, you are one, Terry... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Really didn't want the Vanessa rumours to be true, but over the last week or so I've changed my opinion and now think she'll be a hard working contestant! (hope so anyway!) She comes across very professional on the radio, so hope she's the same on Strictly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jacko2h wrote: »
    Really didn't want the Vanessa rumours to be true, but over the last week or so I've changed my opinion and now think she'll be a hard working contestant! (hope so anyway!) She comes across very professional on the radio, so hope she's the same on Strictly!

I'm hoping the rumours about Vanessa are true, we will know tomorrow.
    Forum Member

It was announced this morning by the BBC, wake up!
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I thought she was horrific.Especially her reactions to the judges after her rumba.

Looking forward to Vanessa though.
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We know today thanks to her interview with Zoe on radio2 this morning. She hopes to get a partner who is virile :eek:

Looking forward to her exchanges with Craig. Feel sure she will wipe the floor with him.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    I don't like Vanessa at all. I don't think that she is a nice person and I wish they had got Rebecca Adlington instead, who comes across as a genuine person and who has actually achieved so much more than a loud mouth reality queen

Very harsh! FYI Vanessa has achieved an English Literature degree from Cambridge, she's brought up 2 daughters, and worked in local papers and radio before her TV career began, hosting the Vanessa show. Now she does 2 daily radio shows before Lunchtime, one national and one local. I just hope she can fit in the dance training, as she'll probably need it. :D

I don't think Rebecca should've been rejected either. At 5ft 10, they would need a tall partner for her, so should've given Ian Waite a call to partner her this series. :cool:
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Vanessa so I hope she lasts a bit longer than she usually does in celeb reality shows. She's a grafter but it could be a bit much with her radio work as well. I wonder if the boyfriend will find time to support her? After all they still haven't found time to get married.;)

She did say on Radio 4 this week that she'd had to give her former hubby "alot of pounds" in the divorce settlement, so maybe once bitten, twice shy? ;)