Options

Tips for those going if you get tickets!

Comments

• Options
    Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were the two shows both pre recorded ? I love reading about behind the scenes. Thanks
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    Were the two shows both pre recorded ? I love reading about behind the scenes. Thanks

No both shows were live. Although the pro dance that was at the start of the Saturday show was filmed on Friday.

From now on, the Saturday show will be live but the results show will be pre-recorded (later on Saturday) and sometimes a group or pro dance to start of the live shows will have been pre-recorded (ie about half an hour before going live).
  • Options
    Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info !
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    No both shows were live. Although the pro dance that was at the start of the Saturday show was filmed on Friday.

From now on, the Saturday show will be live but the results show will be pre-recorded (later on Saturday) and sometimes a group or pro dance to start of the live shows will have been pre-recorded (ie about half an hour before going live).

Thank you, I am so excited, Strictly will get a few more viewers this Saturday with me and the OH going....:o:D
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is such a useful thread with so much great advice and so many tips.

Have been able to pass on all your good advice to friends of mine.

Thank you all. :)
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Thank you, I am so excited, Strictly will get a few more viewers this Saturday with me and the OH going....:o:D

Have a wonderful time, let us know how it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Have a wonderful time, let us know how it was.

I will do! :)
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of these years I might actually get tickets!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I've got tickets for the 12th can't wait. What time would you recommend you get there? And to confirm you can go away once you have your tickets validated to glam up as don't fancy standing in the queue early with my posh cloths on lol.
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member

Have a fabulous time... i'm not at all jealous... honest :p. If you get the time afterwards maybe you could put a bit on this thread as to how the queuing went & whatnot. Some of the procedures may have changed since they've moved studios.
  • Options
    zedderszedders Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how early in the year do you have to apply for tickets and it is a ballot or first come, first served?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Have a fabulous time... i'm not at all jealous... honest :p. If you get the time afterwards maybe you could put a bit on this thread as to how the queuing went & whatnot. Some of the procedures may have changed since they've moved studios.

Of course I will, posters on here that have been before have been so help with tips, I will return the favour! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zedders wrote: »
    how early in the year do you have to apply for tickets and it is a ballot or first come, first served?

I have been applying for the past 3 years. I applied as soon as I got the BBC email, which it memory serves me right was only about a month before the first show, might even have been later than that, need to check my emails, so I am sure its a ballot, not a first come first served.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zedders wrote: »

The ballot was open during late August I believe this time. For a 2 week period.

Have a feeling that the ballot for the main shows ended on the evening they filmed the launch show.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ballot was open during late August I believe this time. For a 2 week period.

Have a feeling that the ballot for the main shows ended on the evening they filmed the launch show.

Remind me next year Sara so I can try. ;)

I'd much rather go now it's out of London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been applying for the past 3 years. I applied as soon as I got the BBC email, which it memory serves me right was only about a month before the first show, might even have been later than that, need to check my emails, so I am sure its a ballot, not a first come first served.

Heavenly (lovely name btw) - has someone already asked you if will be the official spoiler representative this week?

If not, I am quite happy to receive a text from yourself once you have your phone back (or return to your car).

Or if anyone else is going this weekend - happy to receive texts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would definitely be appreciated if you are able to give the spoiler Heavenly :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly (lovely name btw) - has someone already asked you if will be the official spoiler representative this week?

If not, I am quite happy to receive a text from yourself once you have your phone back (or return to your car).

Or if anyone else is going this weekend - happy to receive texts.
    Camis wrote: »
    Would definitely be appreciated if you are able to give the spoiler Heavenly :D

I haven't been asked yet but ooooh I would be SO honoured!! :cool:

Message me your number Sara. :)

I might lie and say Natalie has gone in a twist!!! :eek: Just for a laugh....sorry....:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh and have checked the weather forecast and its going to be sunny...so no wellies with my lovely vintage red dress. :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course I will, posters on here that have been before have been so help with tips, I will return the favour! :)
    I haven't been asked yet but ooooh I would be SO honoured!! :cool:

Message me your number Sara. :)

I might lie and say Natalie has gone in a twist!!! :eek: Just for a laugh....sorry....:o:D

You are a star :) and BIB- yes, it would be funny:D
  • Options
    Chrisdy34Chrisdy34 Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much for your help Ninetypee. I'm hoping we can find somewhere nice to have lunch in between being validated and (fingers crossed) returning as we won't be eating again until much later.
    To those who have asked about tickets - I went on the bbc website and got added to the mailing list. http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/tickets/ You can specify which kind of shows you are interested in. I have also been to a couple of radio recordings - The Now Show and The Unbelievable Truth. These are much easier to get tickets for! The strictly mailing came out about 23 August, to apply for all the shows in the series, but they are only letting you know week by week (2 weeks ahead of recording) if you are successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chrisdy34 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your help Ninetypee. I'm hoping we can find somewhere nice to have lunch in between being validated and (fingers crossed) returning as we won't be eating again until much later.
    To those who have asked about tickets - I went on the bbc website and got added to the mailing list. http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/tickets/ You can specify which kind of shows you are interested in. I have also been to a couple of radio recordings - The Now Show and The Unbelievable Truth. These are much easier to get tickets for! The strictly mailing came out about 23 August, to apply for all the shows in the series, but they are only letting you know week by week (2 weeks ahead of recording) if you are successful.

I hope you have a great time :)
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm "well jell" of those who have tickets but it sounds like a really long day - must be absolutely knackering for those who live further away and have to get up at stupid o'clock to start queueing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm "well jell" of those who have tickets but it sounds like a really long day - must be absolutely knackering for those who live further away and have to get up at stupid o'clock to start queueing.

Yes, the queuing does put me off a bit, but on the other hand I bet it is worth it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We are leaving at 8am and will probably get home well after 1am but may never get the chance again, so its definitely worth it for me! :)