Leona - Fifth Studio Album to have a soulful/throwback sound.

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
Forum Member
✭✭
So Leona has stated that she is going back into the studio in January to continue working on her fifth album, she has described it as being soulful with a throwback sound and hopes to bring a little Motown flavour to it aswell.

I personally really love the idea of a soulful/throwback sound for her next album and can't wait to hear the results. She said she already has some songs recorded, so hopefully it won't be too long until we hear something from her. I think her team need to be quick to capitalise on the radio support her Xmas single unexpectedly got.

I personally would love it to be in the vein of these three less known Leona songs,

Mr Magic Touch
Forgiveness
You Bring Me Down

Do you think that this route would suit Leona?

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    One More Sleep was great, so a few songs in that vein would be awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    She should do a few pop songs aswell.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    personally i would welcome the edgy/tour Leona that i have seen recently... a little more individual artistry that matches her persona....

Leonna and B Butler could be interesting?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    One More Sleep was great, so a few songs in that vein would be awesome.

She definitely needs to work with Biffco again, I think they are brillaint, there work with Leona on the Xmas album was great.
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    She should do a few pop songs aswell.

I'd rather she try to have a consistent sound running through this album, rather than mixing it up like she did on Glassheart.
    personally i would welcome the edgy/tour Leona that i have seen recently... a little more individual artistry that matches her persona....

Leonna and B Butler could be interesting?

Who is B Butler?
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is also what Alexandra Burke is doing. Maybe SONY are trying to bring this sound back again
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems a strange idea to use a similar sound to an album that hasn't sold well.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »

Seems a bit strange you're on every Leona thread while you can't stand her. If I throw a stick, will you go away?

---

Anyway, I'm so looking forward to the next album. Im here for motown/soul vibe
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that much of a suprise, throwback music has been popular for a while now, look at Bruno Mars and Adele. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get a grip, the album sold pretty well, especially digitally for an artist christmas album which is not everyones cup of tea.

It's going to sell over 100k this year and also with a top 3 single that was also a big radio hit so has every chance of selling some more next year in a repackage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    She has been working with Black Eyed Peas producer, Poet for her next album.

Article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a539410/leona-lewis-working-with-black-eyed-peas-producer-for-new-album.html
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    She has been working with Black Eyed Peas producer, Poet for her next album.

Article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a539410/leona-lewis-working-with-black-eyed-peas-producer-for-new-album.html

I really hope it won't be like the BEP music, and they are working on a soulful/throwback type album solely, I am really excited by that. I love those three songs I posted in the OP, but I just remembered this from Leona and it has reinforced how badly I want a more soulful album from her.

I Know Who I Am
  • Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100k for a new Christmas album that only had a selling period of three weeks (and only appeals to certain buyers) is amazing though...
    This is also what Alexandra Burke is doing. Maybe SONY are trying to bring this sound back again
    I think Leona wants to do the Bruno Mars style of throwback. Alex's is more 80's/90's inspired.