James Jordan

Am so gutted they have axed James Jordan from this years line up, him and Ola were my absolute favs. I could think of a few I would have liked to have seen go before him - Brendan, Pasha and Robin. Can't wait for the new series though but will be strange without him >:(

Comments

• *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petro wrote: »
    Am so gutted they have axed James Jordan from this years line up, him and Ola were my absolute favs. I could think of a few I would have liked to have seen go before him - Brendan, Pasha and Robin. Can't wait for the new series though but will be strange without him >:(
    Well it's been discussed on other threads but I don't think the producers had much choice - I basically liked James despite the fact the can be an arrogant buffoon BUT it's one thing being a controversial character on the show which the producers seem to mostly like but it's quite another matter when you're mouthing off outside of the show. I'm afraid to say I agree with what some other posters said on the other threads that I think he's been the agent of his own demise.

His mouthing off on twitter even before he was axed wasn't doing him any favours - he shouldn't have been adding fume to the flames of that whole 'bullying' tabloid story - I don't know how it got into the press but that tiff ( and I do believe it was only a tiff not a bullying incident ) between Ola and Karen shouldn't have been revealed to the press. Also during the swingathon I remember him agreeing with some of his followers who were calling it a fix - I remember Erin tweeted to tell him to calm down or something - I happen to agree with him that it was a fix - I've gone as far as saying I think the whole series last year was a bl**dy farce and it's left me wondering whether I can enjoy the show in the future but I can say that because I'm just viewer - he as an employee of the BBC needed to be more circumpsect - so I think his twitter outbursts may have led the producers to see him as a liablity. Also stuff he's been saying recently on twitter isn't helping Ola.

Really I think from Aliona's initial sacking last year all the pros should have learnt they need to be careful what they say in the media outside of the show - Aliona was lucky she found a way back into their good books by replacing an injured Natalie - somehow I doubt if one of the male pros get injured they'll be turning to James - perhaps he doesn't care anymore but I do think he's been very ungracious - he's had a long run on Strictly and I think he was treated very well on the show - there are dancers who've been let got under much unfairer circumstances.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Well it's been discussed on other threads but I don't think the producers had much choice - I basically liked James despite the fact the can be an arrogant buffoon BUT it's one thing being a controversial character on the show which the producers seem to mostly like but it's quite another matter when you're mouthing off outside of the show. I'm afraid to say I agree with what some other posters said on the other threads that I think he's been the agent of his own demise.

His mouthing off on twitter even before he was axed wasn't doing him any favours - he shouldn't have been adding fume to the flames of that whole 'bullying' tabloid story - I don't know how it got into the press but that tiff ( and I do believe it was only a tiff not a bullying incident ) between Ola and Karen shouldn't have been revealed to the press. Also during the swingathon I remember him agreeing with some of his followers who were calling it a fix - I remember Erin tweeted to tell him to calm down or something - I happen to agree with him that it was a fix - I've gone as far as saying I think the whole series last year was a bl**dy farce and it's left me wondering whether I can enjoy the show in the future but I can say that because I'm just viewer - he as an employee of the BBC needed to be more circumpsect - so I think his twitter outbursts may have led the producers to see him as a liablity. Also stuff he's been saying recently on twitter isn't helping Ola.

Really I think from Aliona's initial sacking last year all the pros should have learnt they need to be careful what they say in the media outside of the show - Aliona was lucky she found a way back into their good books by replacing an injured Natalie - somehow I doubt if one of the male pros get injured they'll be turning to James - perhaps he doesn't care anymore but I do think he's been very ungracious - he's had a long run on Strictly and I think he was treated very well on the show - there are dancers who've been let got under much unfairer circumstances.

I have to agree with you. Very sad. I wanted them to bring back Matthew too - I loved his dancing - and he was pretty tall. I am also glad Aliona was back - wonder if she will be back this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    I have to agree with you. Very sad. I wanted them to bring back Matthew too - I loved his dancing - and he was pretty tall. I am also glad Aliona was back - wonder if she will be back this year.

You'll be glad to hear that Aliona is back this year. I'm glad too I like her - I thought she was really sweet with Tony last year BUT she's another one that needs to be careful about what she says outside of the show in the media.
  • Ashley79Ashley79 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Do you really think they would Axe him just for being mouthy? I mean, look at Brendon. He's been far worse than James over the years. I think twitter and facebook etc are the root of all anyway. Sometimes it's better to just admire your heroes from afar, the reality of interacting with them is usually disappointing.

Glad Aliona's back though and happy that Ola will be staying
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley79 wrote: »
    Do you really think they would Axe him just for being mouthy? I mean, look at Brendon. He's been far worse than James over the years. I think twitter and facebook etc are the root of all anyway. Sometimes it's better to just admire your heroes from afar, the reality of interacting with them is usually disappointing.

Well there has to be some reason James was axed and Ola was kept on and I personally think it was partly his mouthing off on twitter. I'm not a twitter user so I don't interact with anyone on twitter but I do look at the twitter pages of various people in the public eye. Believe me James doesn't always come across that well on twitter - it's been mentioned on here before. As I said earlier I doubt him calling the swingathon a fix or wading into that tabloid story would have gone down too well with the producers.

As I said it's one thing being a controversial character on the show which the producers seem to like hence Brendan being dubbed the 'bad boy of ballroom' in the earlier series - although nowadays he's mellowed especially after getting married and he seems to have shaken off that tag and James sort of took up that role. I think the producers don't mind the pros being controversial on the show and having pantomime arguments with the judges but I do think they would care about what the pros say about the show and their fellow pros outside in public media when they're off duty.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan would challenge the judges when they gave feedback but he never openly criticised the show, nor did he leak backstage information. Nicole Cutler was axed because it seemed like she'd leaked backstage information, even though the News of the World admitted she didn't make the disparaging remarks that they attributed to her. So why should James Jordan be excused when there's no doubt he's been indiscreet?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan's a 'bad boy' within boundaries.
    The producers think the appeal of the show is the celebrities and they'll crush the dancers like cockroaches if they have to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm partly looking forward to the torrent of bile that he's going to merrily tweet once the series gets underway, and partly cringing in advance on account of the awkwardness this will create for Ola.

Though of course he may well have the sense to keep schtum and .... nope, that sentence is too ludicrous to finish :D
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley79 wrote: »

Yes, I do. Because he overstepped the boundry between being mouthy and being a liability. Brendan has toned down his gobbiness over the years. James got to the stage where he was regularly tweeting inappropriate comments and generally coming across as an unlikable arse. James made the basic error of believing his own hype.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can have too many "B list" professionals, when you've only "C list" celebrities.
    That's why Darren and Lilia were fired.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he's busy writing an exposé of his time at Strictly and maybe even collaborating on a show - Strictly the Musical :D

He needs to cash in asap before Ola gets the push, too. It will be interesting to see if he makes an appearance on ITT.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Jordan crossed Craig Revel Horwood - Bye bye
  • BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The challenge for the producers is when the dance partnership is also a relationship. With those who dance together, but are not in a relationship, if one is off for a season for personal reasons (pregnancy) or injury, it comes off as not a big deal. If you want to remove one partner when they are "together", it gets more difficult.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite what the papers call it, no one actually gets "Axed" from Strictly. They get a contract for the 1 series only; if they are lucky they may be offered a contract the following year, or they may not. It's a temporary post as such, and no done deal.

Also, only those involved know what goes on behind the scenes, and what reasons the producers might have for not offering a further contract. Usually a pro won't know one way or the other until the contracts are offered or not about this time of the year. For some reason James was told before last Christmas. Maybe he did/said something that upset certain people or - and I think more likely - he was told early as a mark of respect to a pro who had been in the show for quite time.

Brendan is known to give a sigh of relief each time he is offered a new contract (he doesn't take it for granted) and Anton is almost definitely only kept on for the comedy element. But over the next few seasons I think there will be further changes of pros, as almost definitely the intention is to bring in a much younger pro.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James was so good with the older female candidates who weren't for Anton. Who will have the pleasure of them now?
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James was so good with the older female candidates who weren't for Anton. Who will have the pleasure of them now?

Robin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Robin

Now if anyone was going to be axed, Robin would have been among the first in my list, along with Karen
    Bring back James!!!!!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Despite what the papers call it, no one actually gets "Axed" from Strictly. They get a contract for the 1 series only; if they are lucky they may be offered a contract the following year, or they may not. It's a temporary post as such, and no done deal.

Also, only those involved know what goes on behind the scenes, and what reasons the producers might have for not offering a further contract. Usually a pro won't know one way or the other until the contracts are offered or not about this time of the year. For some reason James was told before last Christmas. Maybe he did/said something that upset certain people or - and I think more likely - he was told early as a mark of respect to a pro who had been in the show for quite time.

Brendan is known to give a sigh of relief each time he is offered a new contract (he doesn't take it for granted) and Anton is almost definitely only kept on for the comedy element. But over the next few seasons I think there will be further changes of pros, as almost definitely the intention is to bring in a much younger pro.

well said kaycee, Strictly pros have only EVER been employed for one season at a time - not one of them knows if they will be asked to come back for the following season and they dont NORMALLY find out until June-ish time

How James knew in December I will never know :confused: but apparently he did
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think James brought out the best in the older women, whereas I think Robin, as likeable as he is, doesn't quite make ir happen. So in that respect, I agree that James is a loss to the programme.

And personally I like a bit of controversy!
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm partly looking forward to the torrent of bile that he's going to merrily tweet once the series gets underway, and partly cringing in advance on account of the awkwardness this will create for Ola.

Though of course he may well have the sense to keep schtum and .... nope, that sentence is too ludicrous to finish :D

Although not a favourite of mine, I feel sorry for Ola. Constantly fending questions about James. " What's James doing now he's off Strictly ? " How do you feel about being in the show on your own without him after all this time ? " And all the while keeping her smile fixed firmly in place so as not to upset the producers and lose her job. Not going to be an enjoyable Autumn for the Jordan family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    well said kaycee, Strictly pros have only EVER been employed for one season at a time - not one of them knows if they will be asked to come back for the following season and they dont NORMALLY find out until June-ish time

How James knew in December I will never know :confused: but apparently he did

Thank you, Olive. Apparently the bbc told James last December, but I've no idea of the reasons why. Maybe he had a barney with 'em and was told where the door was; or maybe it was a courtesy thing as he'd been in the show so long. Whatever the reason, he was clearly well and truly miffed.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although not a favourite of mine, I feel sorry for Ola. Constantly fending questions about James. " What's James doing now he's off Strictly ? " How do you feel about being in the show on your own without him after all this time ? " And all the while keeping her smile fixed firmly in place so as not to upset the producers and lose her job. Not going to be an enjoyable Autumn for the Jordan family.

why do you feel too sorry for her? :confused: she chose to accept the offer to do Strictly knowing full well she would be doing it without James, I am sure she knew when the news hit that she would be faced with questions, whether she answers them or not is up to her and as for what James is doing now he is off Strictly - well nothing - his twitter bio tells us that :D and I am sure that when James does find work he will let the whole world know every little detail ;-):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Olivej has pointed out, there is no need to feel sorry for James. Ola has been told - by all accounts, much earlier than most of the other pros - that she is to be offered another contract, and no doubt she will have discussed it with James, and decided to accept.

Don't forget, as much as we might like to think being of Strictly is something really special, for the pros concerned it is just a job. Admittedly a job for which they get paid far more for doing than they would just teaching and coaching and one that gains them 'celebrity' status in the non-dance world which they wouldn't otherwise gain. But, still, just a job of work.
  • kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those not on twitter who are interested James (@The_JamesJordan) is having another hissy fit :D. The tweets in order:
    Never be scared to stand up for what is right! Even if the people you stand up to are much more powerful.
    You are also more powerful as a group rather than an individual, but I've been saying that for 8 years.
    Don't let people treat u like sh*t.
    Tweeps you have no idea how angry I am right now.....
    BBC
    Just to clarify!!! I'm not angry or upset I'm not back on @bbcstrictly
    I'm angry about the way they continue to treat my fellow pro dancers

So, how about rather than ranting without explaining why he actually explains what his problem is? But I suppose that doesn't give him the same attention (people tweeting him and asking what's up).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those not on twitter who are interested James (@The_JamesJordan) is having another hissy fit :D. The tweets in order:

So, how about rather than ranting without explaining why he actually explains what his problem is? But I suppose that doesn't give him the same attention (people tweeting him and asking what's up).

Ohhhhhh, this series he is going to be a twitter CAR CRASH! Silly, gobby, angry little radge that he is :D