James has been banned!

Comments

• aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I really don't know what to think about the interview in The Star. (It is The Star, after all, but James' comments are in quotes and it sounds like his voice, so....).

If what he says about the pros all being miserable and afraid to speak out is true, then perhaps it needs saying. At the same time, I can appreciate the BBC not wanting to keep someone around who's shooting their mouth off and stirring the pot.

I saw enough of James in the CBB house to know that he's unbelievably defensive and his primary mode of defense is attack, so I just don't know how much of this is James spinning after the fact (of being dumped) to repair his injured ego. I guess I'd want to hear from a more level-headed and reliable witness than James before I could take sides. :confused:

The only thing is that Ola is still there. Surely, if the negatives outweighed the positives for being rehired then she could have quite easily said 'no, thanks' to a new contract? If it was that awful would James really want his wife to be there without his support?
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    The only thing is that Ola is still there. Surely, if the negatives outweighed the positives for being rehired then she could have quite easily said 'no, thanks' to a new contract? If it was that awful would James really want his wife to be there without his support?
    Except that it's a very large drop in their income for both James and Ola not to be doing Strictly this year. It would be a very expensive strop if Ola were to decide not to accept the contract she was offered.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Except that it's a very large drop in their income for both James and Ola not to be doing Strictly this year. It would be a very expensive strop if Ola were to decide not to accept the contract she was offered.

So the positives outweigh the negatives ;-)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing like proof reading, is there. And that title is nothing like it.

Ironic that Ola is the one that stays in, since she kicked off stuff with Karen by tweeting ill-feeling last year.
    I wouldn't trust James not to shout from the audience if Team Ola receive any criticism, as if he's still in the show

Maybe the Strictly bods are worried that James will attempt a dancefloor invasion!:D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't know what to think about the interview in The Star. (It is The Star, after all, but James' comments are in quotes and it sounds like his voice, so....).

If what he says about the pros all being miserable and afraid to speak out is true, then perhaps it needs saying. At the same time, I can appreciate the BBC not wanting to keep someone around who's shooting their mouth off and stirring the pot.

I saw enough of James in the CBB house to know that he's unbelievably defensive and his primary mode of defense is attack, so I just don't know how much of this is James spinning after the fact (of being dumped) to repair his injured ego. I guess I'd want to hear from a more level-headed and reliable witness than James before I could take sides. :confused:

The BBC hate any form of criticism and won't take it from their own people.
    They don't like it from viewers either.
    Their "Points of View" programme has been running for forty years, but only because they choose every letter, so anything really controversial or embarrassing for them, regardless of the fact that it might be fair comment, goes straight in the bin.

As far as the BBC is concerned, James is history, the fact that Ola is still there, is just a bit of "corporate spin" to show how "even handed" they are.
    But don't expect her to be invited back next year.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    So the positives outweigh the negatives ;-)

Well, yes, in the sense that a pay packet usually does outweigh penury :p. I think Ola is probably 'on notice' anyway, given her own comments to the press :o ;-).

I honestly don't know if the pros are badly treated or not, but (in the real world and on telly) no one should be blackmailed or intimidated into silence....and if the pros are treated well, they owe some loyalty and decorum in return.

I've talked myself from thinking James was probably just being a gobshite into wanting to join Pet Monkey on the barricades :confused:.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, yes, in the sense that a pay packet usually does outweigh penury :p. I think Ola is probably 'on notice' anyway, given her own comments to the press :o ;-).

I honestly don't know if the pros are badly treated or not, but (in the real world and on telly) no one should be blackmailed or intimidated into silence....and if the pros are treated well, they owe some loyalty and decorum in return.

I've talked myself from thinking James was probably just being a gobshite into wanting to join Pet Monkey on the barricades :confused:.

I wonder if James will appear in the Unappreciation Thread as - Wolfie
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »

Bringing down the establishment one dance show at a time ;-)

Soupy, I have whisky, a guitar, and a couple of deck chairs. If the clouds clear tonight, there's still a faint chance of seeing the Northern lights too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »

Citizen James! There's definitely a future for him somewhere on these boards :D

(Am feeling a little uncomfortable supporting JJ. He's a bit Ukippy for me ^_^)
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any evidence that James speaks on behalf of other pros apart from his "wife"? Does he have the support of others? Judging by his appearance on CBB, he lies and makes out everyone shares his views when they don't!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Bringing down the establishment one dance show at a time ;-)

Soupy, I have whisky, a guitar, and a couple of deck chairs. If the clouds clear tonight, there's still a faint chance of seeing the Northern lights too

Done! (Though I might bring a nice bottle of Rioja :) )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that James speaks on behalf of other pros apart from his "wife"?

Nope.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any evidence that James speaks on behalf of other pros apart from his "wife"? Does he have the support of others? Judging by his appearance on CBB, he lies and makes out everyone shares his views when they don't!

I doubt if anyone would authorise James to speak on their behalf. I wouldn't - in fact I wouldn't even authorise James to speak on his own behalf.:D
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    How dare they ban Brad Pitt.

(good riddance)

Indeed surely he'll be too busy with his new career as a tv presenter to attend anyway:D
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I wish he would button it! I have no doubt that he speaks the truth and that things aren't rosy behind the scenes, but things seldom are in the work place and I doubt the other Pros will appreciate him speaking on their behalf even if they do agree with what he says.

He seems hell bent on destroying Strictly now that he isn't part of it and making it sound as miserable as he possibly can. I don't want to read that every other day about the show I love, despite it's faults.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is James a member of a trade union? Then how about him allowing them to do their job by taking up the issues which he raises?

The only 'union' for dancers is Equity which will help with various issues, including legal.

The thing with James's situation is - as said more than once - he has not been sacked. The pros on Strictly are employed on a temporary basis only; they only get a contract for just one season. As we know, many are offered contracts for further seasons, but only one for one-season each time. The bbc is under no obligation to keep any pro on the show more than one year at a time.

James simply wasn't offered a contract for this season - the whys and wherefore's are irrelevant - so he can hardly claim unfair dismissal.

As for banning him at the live shows, the BBC are within their rights to ban anyone they wish from their own shows, for whatever reason. As the couples are free to arrange their own training facilities, I'm sure James will find plenty of opportunity to help Ola and Steve with their training.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is James a member of a trade union? Then how about him allowing them to do their job by taking up the issues which he raises?

The only 'union' for dancers is Equity which will help with various issues, including legal. And any issues taken to them would have to be pretty clear cut and serious, not just the say-so of one person, especially someone who so obviously feels slighted and hard-done by!.

The thing with James's situation is - as said more than once - he has not been sacked. The pros on Strictly are employed on a temporary basis only; they only get a contract for just one season. As we know, many are offered contracts for further seasons, but only one for one-season each time. The bbc is under no obligation to keep any pro on the show more than one year at a time.

James simply wasn't offered a contract for this season - the whys and wherefore's are irrelevant - so he can hardly claim unfair dismissal.

As for banning him at the live shows, the BBC are within their rights to ban anyone they wish from their own shows, for whatever reason. As the couples are free to arrange their own training facilities, I'm sure James will find plenty of opportunity to help Ola and Steve with their training.
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of me agrees with James because I've always liked watching various professionals and felt that the pros should get more credit than they do.

The other part thinks he should try living in the real world, because most of the things he's complaining about are things everyone has to deal with at work. You don't always have control over how things are done and you don't always respect the decisions made by people above you. I guess James has less of that outside Strictly, being self-employed for the rest of the year, but for most people that's just working life and ultimately you have to accept the way things are done or find yourself another job.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sooner he becomes a non-entity the better. We get it - strictly = bad, women = useless, BTF = evil etc etc

James doesn't speak for the pros still there - he's just using them to sound important. I'm sure if it was such a terrible existence for them that many of them would be happy to stand by him. But where was the support on CBB? Where's the ex-pros telling him well done for being brave?

He's an opportunistic coward so well done BBC if they did ban him. I wouldn't want him around bts polluting the atmosphere either.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely if the pros were THAT badly treated, none of them would return :confused: would they?

Pros like Brendan have been there since series one, as has Anton and Erin (ok, she isn't doing this series but she has done all the others)

I can't believe for one second if things were as bad as James is making out that these 3 in particular would have stayed on for so long
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    The Star article has James saying many of the things that have been aired on this forum:

Too much producer manipulation of:

The choreography
    The theme
    The costumes

All under the threat of being fired.

I've never liked James. But he does make sense here.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/strictly-come-dancing/399737/Dancer-james-jordan-strictly-bosses-make-dancer-s-life-hell

The inane producers who script the whole now tacky show with totally inappropriate themes and music should go.

And yes the pros and much more important to me than any of the so called non-entity celebrities.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    Pros like Brendan have been there since series one, as has Anton and Erin (ok, she isn't doing this series but she has done all the others)

Pretty sure she was already gone last series (from last series Anya was dropped, Joanne is new and Natalie returned; which makes it plus one for the female pro's).
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if it was so bad and dancers are intimidated by the bbc would kevin have not told Joanne not to do it ?
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    if it was so bad and dancers are intimidated by the bbc would kevin have not told Joanne not to do it ?

Exactly. In fact if it was so bad, Kevin probably wouldn't have stayed with the show either, I doubt he needs it, plenty of work elsewhere.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they ban Calamity Claudia ?....for making so many gaffes and mistakes !.. she is a total embarrassment .....bring back Brucie !! :)