New Girl

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just started a week ago in the states (which this thread is for xD) there's already the first two episodes up, just go watch them online :) levidia and watchseries are good sites.

Actually this thead is for UK pace! ;) Go right back to the very start. Everyone was commenting on the show when Season 1 aired on Ch4 and then moved to E4. When it came back for Season 2 on E4, there were few posters but this has never been a US paced thread.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only started watching the show about halfway through the second series (I still think 'season' sounds like an unnecessary Americanism!). I've probably missed out on a lot of the backstory!
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Actually this thead is for UK pace! ;) Go right back to the very start. Everyone was commenting on the show when Season 1 aired on Ch4 and then moved to E4. When it came back for Season 2 on E4, there were few posters but this has never been a US paced thread.

Sorry, I guess I just assumed because it's in the US section it would be US pace and also it doesn't state in the title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Anyone been watching season 3 online? Not sure if it's just me but I'm not enjoying it as much as the previous 2 seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Oh no, not the third series curse!

That is taken solely from my experience of the third series of popular comedies and sketch shows, or at least ones that I've personally enjoyed a lot, having a mediocre third series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Girl season 4 starts on E4 on Thur 18th June - 2 weeks today - at 9pm.
  • sarah_2277sarah_2277 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I can't wait :D
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Trailer earlier During Big Bang Theory said it was June 25th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen that trailer. Geektown says it's 18th June.
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been postponed to 25th June now?
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 website listings show both New Girl Series 4 and Mindy Project Series 3 starting on Thurday 18th from 9pm E4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    The Trailer earlier During Big Bang Theory said it was June 25th

I've seen ads for New Girl at the weekend on E4 and the show is definetely coming back this Thur 18th June. Both New Girl and Mindy Project return this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the season opener.

Schmidt: Winter...is coming! :D

Jess' sex-fist.

Jess v Jessica Biel battling each other for the guy - 'your shoes' :D

Good episode. Roll on Ep2.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jess v Jessica Biel battling each other for the guy - 'your shoes' :D

That was Jessica Biel? How did I not notice that!!!
    I know who I’d have picked anyway – Jess without a shadow of doubt. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    That was Jessica Biel? How did I not notice that!!! :D

Yip, Justin Timberlake's wife!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    That was Jessica Biel? How did I not notice that!!!

I didn't realise it was her either but then she is more of a name I know rather than someone I'd recognise by sight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice Tinder influenced episode tonight. Not as funny as last week's opener but a good watch.

Schmidt once again the MVP of the show. I love it when Jess and Schmidt share a story together, they have such weird, hilarious chemistry. Loved their scenes tonight.

I'm the pie! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone catch the last episode? I just have. It had me in stitches!

Schmidt distraught at the thought of Cece having a breast reduction job was one of the funniest things i've seen. Gloriously funny! Max Greenfield was hilarious. He outshone everyone! The scene where he was saying goodbye to Cece's breasts whilst she was topless had me lolling! :D

Best 30mins of comedy i've seen in ages! Great episode.

Oh and Alexandra Daddarrio, god damn!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene where he was saying goodbye to Cece's breasts whilst she was topless had me lolling! :D

When he started playing 'peek-a-boo' with the breasts, that cracked me up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    When he started playing 'peek-a-boo' with the breasts, that cracked me up!

He deserves an Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy. He was nominated for Season 1 and also for a Golden Globe for season 2 but didn't win either and hasn't been nominated for anything since. It's a shame. He really elevates New Girl when he's on screen. Schmidt is comedy gold!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode last night.

I wanna know what love is! :D

Too good!
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,420
    Forum Member
    I started watching this on Netflix and I'm nearly at the end of S1 but I'm close to giving up as I've actually grown to find Jess really irritating.

The only thing keeping me interested is Schmitt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't like Jess at all then you may as well give up as the whole show centres around her. I don't mind the character and find her funny but that's because she has the 3 flatmates to bounce off of and the crazy situations she gets herself into.
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    What does everyone think about Megan Fox joining for series 5 now that Zooey is on maternity leave?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved season 4. I'm looking forward even more to season 5 which starts next week Thur 2nd June on E4 at 9pm.

This is the season where Zooey Deschanel left for maternity lrave and was temporarily replaced by Megan Fox. Ding dong!