Gary, Sharon, Tulisa and Louis?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i seriously cannot see tulisa back again. no way. she may possibly be the least popular judge to have ever been on it.

and i agree with everyone saying that nicole's playing the pr game. she's just creating a bit of buzz about it and probably angling for a bigger check.
    the only reasoning that i could see for her legit walking away would be to avoid the tulisa effect for the sake of her album (i.e. very well received first year, turns to general hate in the second). but i don't see that really being a problem for nicole, as she had enough presence of mind to know what character she needed to play in the game last year. that persona she created for the show last year was as absolute u-turn from her personality before then, which means she clearly knows how she needs to act and how to carry herself. if she continues that next year then her popularity will probably only continue to grow. (the test may be in how she equits herself against sharon, if she is a judge. sharon's a loud mouth, abrasive person, and in truth, a bit of a bully. if she sets her sights on nicole.....i'm not sure nicole could really handle it. she couldn't when it was coming from simon, and that would be rainbow coloured kittens compared to sharon:o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now that the XF franchise has officially poached Dannii back this for me now confirms although hardly surprising Sharon will be back, As there was a rumour not long ago about Sharon and Aus XF, now Danni`s took that place Sharon takes the UK place :)
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they should bring back previous judges. I think Sharon had her time, it was brilliant at the start with Simon, Sharon and Louis, but Sharon didn't work with another woman introduced to the panel. I'd rather they keep existing judges or bring in new ones. I'd love for Nicole to stay, personally I'm not a fan of Gary as a judge so if one of the 4 from last year was to leave I'd prefer it to be him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're only bringing back previous judges because they're running out of suitable new ones.

There is only so many times you can keep changing the panel before you end up with Peter Andre, Sinitta, Joey Essex and ... well, Louis Walsh will always be there.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In his interview with the Radio Times, Simon said the new judge will be a gamble, someone who will appeal to young and old alike. Does that really sound like Sharon? a gamble? someone who'll appeal to the young? after a series of young/youngish female pop stars, he's going to land young viewers with a pensioner who won't be relevant to them in any way. I can't see it myself. I think we'll get another popular female singer, not a clue who though.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry the but the thought of Gary, Sharon, Tulisa and Louis together is just horrifying.

I've got my fingers crossed that Gary and Tulisa will be gone. I'm hoping for Louis too but let's be realistic here.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Tulisa going would be the first step in improving the series.

Sharon coming back would be interesting but a massive step back. My choice would always be Mel B but the boat appears to have sailed on that one.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I could really see a Noel, Louis, Nicole +someone new panel working quite nicely. It'd be nice to have some change rather than just bringing in the same old people all the time.

However, if we got Sharon it wouldn't completely ruin the show, but whatever category she gets will be damned as per usual
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    However, if we got Sharon it wouldn't completely ruin the show, but whatever category she gets will be damned as per usual

She used to do very well with the overs and did an OK job with the 16-24s in series 1. An early prediction would be;

Gary- Boys
    Nicole- Girls
    Sharon- Overs
    Louis- Groups

It was only really series 4 that it all went horribly wrong for her but even then you can account the 2 in week 1 in bottom 2 because one was boring and the other performed before the show was even billed to start. And then her third one got kicked out, so she was written off by week 3 anyway.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she was alright with the Overs actually, I'd like to see her with the younger boys because she always worked a lot better with male acts in my opinion.

If Gary stays:
    Gary = Girls
    Nicole = Groups
    Sharon = Boys
    Louis = Over 28s

If Noel replaces Gary:
    Noel = Boys
    Nicole = Girls
    Sharon = Over 28s
    Louis = Groups
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    If thepanel is Gary, Sharon, Nicole & Louis-

Gary= Groups (he's from one of Britain's biggest ever boybands- this should be right in his wheelhouse)

Sharon= Boys (A boy won last year so they won't be desperate for a second one in a row- Sharon an really do her "flirty mama" act in this catergory, too)

Nicole= Girls (She worked wonders with the boys last year, and after a terrible series for the girls, she'd be perfect as their mentor. She can bring her "Older Sister chic" to the catergory)

Louis=Overs (It's pretty clear he only has Groups or Overs, so it's his turn with the crumblies this year)
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa won't be coming back that's pretty much guaranteed now. The panel will most certainly be Gary, Sharon, Nicole & Louis.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marguerite wrote: »
    In his interview with the Radio Times, Simon said the new judge will be a gamble, someone who will appeal to young and old alike. Does that really sound like Sharon? a gamble? someone who'll appeal to the young? after a series of young/youngish female pop stars, he's going to land young viewers with a pensioner who won't be relevant to them in any way. I can't see it myself. I think we'll get another popular female singer, not a clue who though.

While I agree on the gamble bit, I think it's worth remembering that X Factor has always attracted a young audience. Including back when a near 50 year old Simon Cowell was the youngest person on the panel. As star of The Osbournes before being on X Factor, Sharon does seem to have some appeal to a younger demographic.

Tulisa is younger than Cheryl, Nicole is younger than Dannii, Gary is younger than Simon... and Louis 2012 looked younger than Louis 2004. But it plainly didn't help them bring in younger viewers (or any viewers, in fact).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I geddit now. Nicole wants a pay rise. Of course she does.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    If Nicole was staying and Tulisa leaving that would be a fantastic line up.

I think Sharon will be fantastic.