Options

Glee - Season 1 (E4 Pace) (Merged) ** No Spoilers **

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re the miming - the cast do actually sing each song when the show is recorded, so they are not actually miming and are really giving it their all and are clearly very talented.
    I understand that, I've always known they are very talented - unfortunately I'm not able to look beyond the lip syncing issue - it spoils the whole feeling for me. I didn't know about the downloading aspect though but can't say I am suprised- again it comes down to the poor execution of the whole concept, putting quick cash over production quality (and thereby losing prospective fans) which is a shame because the rest of the show is very well put together.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MickEden wrote: »
    I understand that, I've always known they are very talented - unfortunately I'm not able to look beyond the lip syncing issue - it spoils the whole feeling for me. I didn't know about the downloading aspect though but can't say I am suprised- again it comes down to the poor execution of the whole concept, putting quick cash over production quality (and thereby losing prospective fans) which is a shame because the rest of the show is very well put together.

Yep, it's the usual story...money, money, money!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick_DK wrote: »

I'd actually die if that happened ... my two favourite things coming together.

On the other hand, I have a feeling tehre's going to be an over-haul of guest stars in the back 9 episodes. I don't want the show to rely on having guest characters but more focus on the regular ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    I'd actually die if that happened ... my two favourite things coming together.

On the other hand, I have a feeling tehre's going to be an over-haul of guest stars in the back 9 episodes. I don't want the show to rely on having guest characters but more focus on the regular ones.

Actually famous guest stars are not my idea of a good time either. :(

I don't mind someone being a character for a few episodes, but the 'guest star for one episode' thing should be a rare occurrence. I'm especially not happy about Madonna making an appearance. :mad:
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Barrowman so I really hope that doesn't happen. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually famous guest stars are not my idea of a good time either. :(

I don't mind someone being a character for a few episodes, but the 'guest star for one episode' thing should be a rare occurrence.
    I'm especially not happy about Madonna making an appearance.
    :mad:

I have just realised this is a spoiler and I apologise for not realising before, so I could edit the post.:o
  • Options
    drwhorudrwhoru Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    not a big spoiler.
  • Options
    sovietsongsovietsong Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    have so far managed to avoid buying the cd as i didnt want to spoil the surprise of each weeks songs ,does anyone know when its safe to purchase or does the cd cover the whole of the first season although because its titled volume 1 im guessing not
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sovietsong wrote: »
    have so far managed to avoid buying the cd as i didnt want to spoil the surprise of each weeks songs ,does anyone know when its safe to purchase or does the cd cover the whole of the first season although because its titled volume 1 im guessing not

As of this week's episode, all the Vol. 1 tracks have been shown on screen so it's okay to buy it.

Although Proud Mary is on Vol. 2. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drwhoru wrote: »
    not a big spoiler.

Hope not. :o
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE for
    John Barrowman
    to join the cast. I think he's perfect for Glee!

Can't wait to download volume 2! I have no money though so I might have to wait until pay day. Boo.
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just caught up with this weeks episode

wopt a highly emotional one it was

i cried when sue walked in to see her sister shes not sucha heartless cow after all

good storyline with kurt aswell and i love proud mary

finn and quin are getting on my nerves now

one because shes pushing finn all the time and hes not even the father and two finn is just such a wimp
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Catsyj1980 wrote: »
    Well it airs in US on 20th April, but it depends how long a break E4 have, it could be on in UK as early 26th April
    A bit late I know but thanks very much for the info :D
  • Options
    Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    just caught up with this weeks episode

wopt a highly emotional one it was

i cried when sue walked in to see her sister shes not sucha heartless cow after all

good storyline with kurt aswell and i love proud mary

finn and quin are getting on my nerves now

one because shes pushing finn all the time and hes not even the father and two finn is just such a wimp

Yes, and the Defying Gravity duet was filmed so cleverly, I've just watched it three times. I'd never heard that song before.

Glee ticks so many boxes and brings us music which radio doesn't want us to hear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the ad for monday's ep and am really looking forward to
    Rachel singing 'crush' to will, ace song!

It may not be a biggie, but i spoilered it anyway :D
  • Options
    Catsyj1980Catsyj1980 Posts: 6,860
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I've just seen the ad for monday's ep and am really looking forward to
    Rachel singing 'crush' to will, ace song!

It may not be a biggie, but i spoilered it anyway :D
    Its a very quick musical number on the show i'm afraid
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Are they likely to repeat series 1? I've seen none of it.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Are they likely to repeat series 1? I've seen none of it.

I'm not sure, as there will be a few weeks break and then they'll be showing the back half of the series (which is yet to air in the States). You can catch episodes 5-8 still on 4oD: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/glee/4od
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catsyj1980 wrote: »
    Its a very quick musical number on the show i'm afraid

Gutted :(

Ah well, better than nothing i guess, i'm sure it's on the soundtrack somewhere!
  • Options
    Catsyj1980Catsyj1980 Posts: 6,860
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Gutted :(

Ah well, better than nothing i guess, i'm sure it's on the soundtrack somewhere!

Yup its on Vol 2 soundtrack :D
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this week’s episode, and it's my favourite so far! I am a bit bias though, since I adore Kurt and Burt, and this was Kurt and Burt heavy <3 Their scenes kill me everytime, they're so great together and have the most touching relationship. 'I love you more than being a star' *clutches heart* Give me Kurt and Burt any day over Emma/Will and Rachel/Finn/Puck/Quinn.

I preferred Rachel's version of DG to listen to on my ipod, but on the show I preferred Kurt's because of the emotional resonance behind it.

I really liked Artie's storyline too. It didn't feel too 'message of the week' I thought Artie was a bit harsh with Tina, but I can understand why he's angry. Artie struggles with his disability and it separates him from the others, and he thinks Tina is in the same boat. It must hurt to find out that it's not the case. Not only because maybe he’s lost his chance/connection with her, but he must be miffed about why - especially when he probably would do anything to get up from that wheelchair. I thought his logic was reasonable - hope he fogives her soon though, because Tina/Artie are cute.

I enjoyed seeing another side to Sue (although I hope they don’t soften her up too much!) and I thought she had a point in what she was saying.

And I love Brittany! It's so funny - finding recipes confusing and not knowing her right hand from her left :D I want more Brittany.
  • Options
    parahandyparahandy Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    It really irritated me that Rachel complained about not automatically getting Defying Gravity. She gets to sing practically every song they do!

ps thanks to the person who posted the Glee-wind links.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already posted it on the True Blood forum but did any glee fans watching series 2 at the moment notice Eric's resemblance to Sue Sylvester in the last episode? Not to mention an appearance by the actual Ken Tanaka.