Options

3 free twitter

TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been using the so called free Twitter on my 3 phone the last couple of days and on checking my account have found I have just over £4 of internet charges been added, yet the message I had stated that Twitter would be free until the 31st March.
Anyone any idea why this would have happened? Not too happy about it as cant afford extra charges only reason I used it on that phone was because it was meant to be free.

Comments

• Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    I have been using the so called free Twitter on my 3 phone the last couple of days and on checking my account have found I have just over £4 of internet charges been added, yet the message I had stated that Twitter would be free until the 31st March.
    Anyone any idea why this would have happened? Not too happy about it as cant afford extra charges only reason I used it on that phone was because it was meant to be free.

Have you been using a Twitter application or m.twitter.com? If the answer's an app, did you download it or was it already on your handset?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get charged to use Twitter on 3? Surely it's covered by your internet allowance?
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You get charged to use Twitter on 3? Surely it's covered by your internet allowance?

If you don't have the allowance he means. If you don't have a bundle it's the out of bundle charge.

As with all the Three things, they are on official 3 handsets where you get the software from Three as it's got the necessary code it so the network detects it as free.

Getting an MSN client from somewhere else, or a skype client etc won't work, you need the official Three firmware and version to qualify.

Alternatively for a fiver a month (which is nothing) you could buy the 1 gig internet addon and then enjoy the full internet.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    If you don't have the allowance he means. If you don't have a bundle it's the out of bundle charge.

As with all the Three things, they are on official 3 handsets where you get the software from Three as it's got the necessary code it so the network detects it as free.

Getting an MSN client from somewhere else, or a skype client etc won't work, you need the official Three firmware and version to qualify.

Alternatively for a fiver a month (which is nothing) you could buy the 1 gig internet addon and then enjoy the full internet.

Without meaning to sound rude, five pound a month may seem nothing to you, but for others an extra fiver a month is something they can't afford on top of other bills. :-) PJ
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a text message from 3 earlier in the month to say they were giving 3 customers Twitter FREE till 31st of March I havent taken out a bundle charge as I rarley have to use phone internet only used it as I was away for a day and as I'd been told it was free I used it.
    I used Twitter from the link they sent me in the text but also used the built in Twitter apllication a few times after I found I had that! So dont really see why I have been charged for it as I know I didnt use any other internet on it.
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the 3 website:

"There are no data charges to access m.twitter.com. Use of m.twitter.com will not effect your Internet Add-on or any inclusive internet allowance.

To receive Tweets by text is completely free. Sending a Tweet by text to 86444 costs 10p. Any free text allowance that may come with your price plan will not include Tweets by texts."

So, if you accessed it any other than than the web at m.twitter.com or by text message, you'll have been charged.

I assume, also, that if you downloaded software via a link, you'll have been charged for that too.