Best Bloody Mary in London?

rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know which bar/pub in London has the best Bloody Mary? Have done a quick Google and got a few results but wondered if anyone on here had any personal recommendations?

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm an aficionado of the Bloody Mary and would like to know the answer too! I used to go to a dump of a Club in The Strand called The Wig and Pen Club and they served an excellent BM, sadly it's no longer in existence.

I've spent years perfecting my own and have arrived back at a fairly basic recipe of vodka, V8, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper and celery salt with a slice of lemon, a bit of ice and a celery stick. Sometimes I put horseradish in, cucumber and/or pepper vodka makes an interesting difference too.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Ahh the Wag, those were the days.

The bar at Windows at the Hilton does a good one. Skylon is not bad and do a very good martini.

Durants in Marleybone is good also.
  • keeziekeezie Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Paramount (top of centre point TCR) Amazing view also.
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a bar called platform near lond bridge station and they do a house bloody Mary made with beetroot flavoured vodka and it was pretty damn good!
  • SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nell Gwynne, Bull Inn Court, just off the Strand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Browns. Astonishingly good.
  • cardiffstecardiffste Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Joe Allans in exeter street does really good cocktails and friends swear that their BM is one of the best in London; also number One hotel in the Aldwych is good.
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcflooze wrote: »
    Browns. Astonishingly good.

I had a bloody Mary here a couple of weeks ago, over in butlers wharf, and actually, the one I had previously at all bar one a few doors down was actually nicer.
  • rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Will try some of these out - not for me, it is for a second date!
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rewind wrote: »
    Thanks all. Will try some of these out - not for me, it is for a second date!

Hope I'm not too late but can I recommend Rules Restaurant in Covent Garden, you will have to have dinner there too there is no bar, but your date will be impressed:)

Without doubt IMO they are the best ever, and trust me I've tried a few.
  • FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smallalien wrote: »
    Nell Gwynne, Bull Inn Court, just off the Strand.
    cardiffste wrote: »
    Joe Allans in exeter street does really good cocktails and friends swear that their BM is one of the best in London; also number One hotel in the Aldwych is good.

I work at the Strand end of Fleet Street - I'll be trying these out :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hawksmoor Spitalfields or Browns.

Best one I've ever tasted though was in the King Cole bar of the St Regis Hotel, NY . Delish.