Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Seeing in the Radio Times that the Sherlock finale was on tonight, getting my dinner all cook and read for eating whilst watching the show, only to find they're showing the Baskerville ep instead - dammit. :grrr:

On a similar note, I notice that my favourite programme on a Saturday morning (Saturday Kitchen) is not being shown tomorrow as it is being replaced by GOLF which I hate!
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microwaves that have no logical instructions, just stupid symbols. :(
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who were perfectly happy to say 'I swear' until the last year or so, and now stupidly feel the need to say 'I swear down.'

WHY? :mad:
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »
    My brother ate my f*cking Calippo :mad:

And he hid while eating it because he knew it was mine :mad:

sorry:o

iv'e done this before with my sisters choccy:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    sorry:o

iv'e done this before with my sisters choccy:p

Noooo :sleep:

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Faggy wrote: »
    In what part of the West Midlands is it 'mom'???

I spent the first 19 years of my life there and it was never pronounced 'mom' by anyone I knew.

I came down from up North to live in Birmingham 14 years ago, and was amazed at how many Brummies write and say "mom". Until then, I thought it was American only.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    kikifi wrote: »
    Sorry beefybeef I may be American though (I'm not)

Understand I'm in the minority but on that topic I hate the spelling 'mum'

in the West Midlands (and America) it's 'mom'

Really? I didnt know "mom" was used in Britain as well, you learn something new every day :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    hot buses with the heating on, really :rolleyes:

also smelly buses, smelly people on buses and just people on buses in general :D
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I hate when I go for a night out there is ALWAYS one person in the group who feels the need to take photos. Then they put them on facebook and I always look shit in them cus I'm tired/drunk, not too mention I hate being photographed in general.:(

I got blisters on my feet and my feet feel swollen, I guess it was from wearing high heels last night but they weren't even very high heels :s
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I hate when I go for a night out there is ALWAYS one person in the group who feels the need to take photos. Then they put them on facebook and I always look shit in them cus I'm tired/drunk, not too mention I hate being photographed in general.:(

I got blisters on my feet and my feet feel swollen, I guess it was from wearing high heels last night but they weren't even very high heels :s

Oh same here! I hate photographs of me - I'm so unphotogenic, and yet not that bad-looking in real life!

It annoys me so much that people won't take no for an answer and respect my wishes not to be photographed. Even some of my closest friends, who agree with me that I don't take a good photo. It's one of the reasons why I quit Facebook (that and the load of boring drivel that gets posted).
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh same here! I hate photographs of me - I'm so unphotogenic, and yet not that bad-looking in real life!

It annoys me so much that people won't take no for an answer and respect my wishes not to be photographed. Even some of my closest friends, who agree with me that I don't take a good photo. It's one of the reasons why I quit Facebook (that and the load of boring drivel that gets posted).

you can't be, a photograph never lies
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can't be, a photograph never lies

Rubbish. Some people are photogenic, some people aren't.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish. Some people are photogenic, some people aren't.

no such thing my dear you look like what you look like
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People with home cinema speaker systems who always have the subwoofer either under or besides the T.V. It goes behind the sofa so you can feel the sound.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I hate when I go for a night out there is ALWAYS one person in the group who feels the need to take photos. Then they put them on facebook

When I look at people's photos on Facebook, it is slightly tragic to notice how many of them are clearly taken just for the purpose of being posted on there. My own mother is guilty of this at times!
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my drive home I go down a country lane with a limit of 60mph, which goes straight in to a 30mph zone.

It winds me up when the driver in front of me tootles along the 60 at around 35/40mph, then when the road changes to the 30 zone, they put their foot down and speed off like mad men!
    Happens all the time on this road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    When playing a poker tournament (PKR) and you're not doing very well, getting dealt rubbish cards and folding almost every hand.

Then you need a pee and have to click 'Away from table'. You go as fast as you can and hurry back to find the one decent hand you've had all night 'AA' KK' has been folded :mad:

Almost make you want to keep an empty bottle by the side of the computer chair :o (I stress the almost)
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to set up a new standing order from my account online, and it wouldn't let me do it. Trapsed all the way to town because now our local branch has closed. S.O. then set up by vacant but rather handsome youth at the counter. Checked online later and he'd made a mistake which my online account won't let me rectify. Rang the bank's help line - told a problem with S.O. set ups - advised try again in a few days and then if no joy......go back to the branch.

Wrestling with household fuel provider over phone who 1) didn't switch over to the new tariff when I asked 2) assured me the new lower rate would operate from July - it didn't, still took more expensive DD out thereby cocking up my accounts 3) rang to complain and have had to wait quite a while - but the money has gone back in - result! for now anyway. I think the heat has affected the people AND the technology!

So these have annoyed me intensely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    People standing in doorways chatting. Get out of the way!
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who say brought instead of bought.

Complete thickos.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    When you feel like there is a bug/spider crawling on your skin, but its nothing

I don't get it.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    Improper use of words doesn't usually bother me.

But people that say borrow instead of loan and loan instead of borrow drive me insane.:mad:

I agree, I also hate it when people say "learn me" instead of "teach me" :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People thinking you are upset, want a fight, losing your cool, aren't decent and goodness knows what else because you ask a question or challenge an opinion on a discussion forum :confused::confused::confused: (puzzled rather than annoyed intensely, just for the record)
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eating some Pringles right now and it's just occurred to me that the fact they put the flavouring on the wrong side is annoying.

I usually have to either lick the flavour side before eating or put it in my mouth lengthways.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I came down from up North to live in Birmingham 14 years ago, and was amazed at how many Brummies write and say "mom". Until then, I thought it was American only.

Indeed, once had a heated debate with a couple of brummie uni mates who were adamant that 'mom' was normal and 'mum' was totally wrong! Was alien to me until then.

My bugbear at the moment is public transport. Train times are not in sync with bus/tram times so if your transport to the station is even remotely late you can easily miss the train! Also as another poster said people who waste time stopping the bus at a stop right by the previous one it has just stopped at, or even the occasional irritant who actually boards the bus for that very short journey!

Used to despise the buses in my uni town, where if it was particularly late it would just try and pass it off as being early for the next scheduled departure! I notice they sometimes do this with trains too. Apologies for the essay on public transport.
This discussion has been closed.