Pros for 2011?

Comments

• Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart has now backtracked a bit on Twitter but still suspect there is a lot of truth in what he said earlier.

Just wanna know one way or the other now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew G has confirmed on his FB page that he has decided to stay in America as he has opportunities there. I'm happy for him, but sad for us, I thought he was great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Stuart has now backtracked a bit on Twitter but still suspect there is a lot of truth in what he said earlier.

Saw that, how can he say in one tweet that blah, blah, blah and blah are not coming back then in another say I didn't say they weren't coming back. :eek:

You did Stuart, that is exactly what you said.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the impression Stuart either doesn't know for sure and/or (more likely!) he's trying to stir things. He may have backtracked because he's been asked not to say anything - perhaps by one of the other pros or by DOI. He did mention in one tweet that he hopes to be back with DOI in the future so he may have decided he shouldn't burn his bridges and that's why he's backtracking now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

Cant agree with u more but then again they havent said anything so might be hope there yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I got the impression Stuart either doesn't know for sure and/or (more likely!) he's trying to stir things. He may have backtracked because he's been asked not to say anything - perhaps by one of the other pros or by DOI. He did mention in one tweet that he hopes to be back with DOI in the future so he may have decided he shouldn't burn his bridges and that's why he's backtracking now.

I think Stuart was either very naive or like you say he was stirring.
  • tilly07tilly07 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I'm actually looking forward to the pros changes. Easy for me to say I suppose cos looks like my favourite Dan is back. I'm looking forward to seeing the pros. I didn't think Fred and Mel would be back this year, Mel was making bitchy comments on her facebook page even before the last show started.

Also BEWARE of people dropping hints and saying they know stuff but can't say. Their knowledge is no doubt based on rumour, wishful thinking and jumping to conclusions :rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see, not that long now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pro's must know by now whether they are going to take part in next years DOI, how else do they know whether to sign up for other projects, surely they don't keep nearly 6 months of the year free from other work on the off chance of being involved!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do now I think which is why its coming out to who isn't doing it.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    The Pro's must know by now whether they are going to take part in next years DOI, how else do they know whether to sign up for other projects, surely they don't keep nearly 6 months of the year free from other work on the off chance of being involved!
    I think tilly07 was referring to the fact that we don't know and are speculating, not that the pros don't know. Although those who already decided a few months ago not to do DOI again, or were told a few months ago that they wouldn't be back for 2011, may not know very much about what's happening this year.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just cant wait now to see how the newbies get on especially the ones I know, makes it a bit more exciting and not before time.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,200
    Forum Member
    Could someone enlighten me on something please - when it comes to allocating the celebs to the pros - why do Maria and Daniel always seem to get good partners.

Why did they put Todd with Susie when she had had Steve Backley [previously - and even worse - they would have known Jeremy Sheffield had issues with the skating - why wasn't Jeremy put with Maria and Gareth with Susie

Can someone answer that for me - why was Susie and Andrei treated badly in comparison
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Could someone enlighten me on something please - when it comes to allocating the celebs to the pros - why do Maria and Daniel always seem to get good partners.

Why did they put Todd with Susie when she had had Steve Backley [previously - and even worse - they would have known Jeremy Sheffield had issues with the skating - why wasn't Jeremy put with Maria and Gareth with Susie

Can someone answer that for me - why was Susie and Andrei treated badly in comparison

When they are paired off Im sure its not diliberate that certain people get the duds as when they start how can they know who is gonna end up being good?
    Everyone though Jeremy was gonna be good last year but turned out he wasnt.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,200
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    When they are paired off Im sure its not diliberate that certain people get the duds as when they start how can they know who is gonna end up being good?
    Everyone though Jeremy was gonna be good last year but turned out he wasnt.

But didn't Chris mention in a VT that he was having difficulty in skating- presumabley they do assess their skating ability beforehand - if that is the case what were they doing putting Jeremy with Susie. Who's bright idea was that. And why was Maria given another good celeb
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy would have been better but had the injury (by which time he'd already been paired with Susie). He missed 5 weeks of training. I still think if he hadn't had that injury he would have been better because his confidence wouldn't have been so low.

As for Sinitta and Andrei (he's my fave), I personally think she wasn't as bad as people made out, most certainly shouldn't have gone when she did.

As for Maria, she is just an absolutely brilliant coach (that much is obvious), I mean Ray was a fluke), but Gareth struggled at the beginning and so did Duncan. It was obvious this year though that at the practice session even before the pro had been allocated that Gary could skate and that is where the problem lies, he maybe should have been put with someone else (maybe Molly).

As for Dan - he has by no means been given a favourable celeb every year, I mean Emily was a limpet and IMO as much as I like her Hayley wasn't the best this year either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Jeremy was any good, despite his injury. Agree about Sinitta though, she went too soon.

I think Gary was overrated, but Maria made him look better than he was. Hayley was brilliant right from the start and deserved to win!
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »

Maria always seems to get decent partners. Dan however got lumbered with that god awful Roxy who was a poor skater with a nasty bitchy personality. Thank god he got the lovely Hayley last year, she certainly showed Roxy up.

Re Andrei and Suzie, they do seem to get poor partners apart from the lovely Clare Buckfield of course.

I don't know why that is.
    Forum Member
    memmh wrote: »
    I think tilly07 was referring to the fact that we don't know and are speculating, not that the pros don't know. Although those who already decided a few months ago not to do DOI again, or were told a few months ago that they wouldn't be back for 2011, may not know very much about what's happening this year.

Yeah that's right memmh, we could all go posting that we know things but can't say. I'm not implying you do. People who know things DON'T SAY A WORD rather than boast about it ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the latest tweet from Maria which was posted 7 hours ago, but doesn't say where she is!

30 hours later and exhausted on the other side of the world!hello jet lag
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Jeremy would have been better but had the injury (by which time he'd already been paired with Susie). He missed 5 weeks of training. I still think if he hadn't had that injury he would have been better because his confidence wouldn't have been so low.

As for Sinitta and Andrei (he's my fave), I personally think she wasn't as bad as people made out, most certainly shouldn't have gone when she did.

As for Maria, she is just an absolutely brilliant coach (that much is obvious), I mean Ray was a fluke), but Gareth struggled at the beginning and so did Duncan. It was obvious this year though that at the practice session even before the pro had been allocated that Gary could skate and that is where the problem lies, he maybe should have been put with someone else (maybe Molly).

As for Dan - he has by no means been given a favourable celeb every year, I mean Emily was a limpet and IMO as much as I like her Hayley wasn't the best this year either.

I don't think they ever struggled. They were not the best, Duncan was always good but obviously not as good as Kyran & Clare and same with Gareth he was good but Chris & Suzanne were always better. Whilst some people look good on paper but don't turn out too good like Jeremy there are always a few obvious duds like Bobby Davro & although I like Maria she is long overdue one. If there are going to be some new pros next year I think Maria should be given an obvious dud so the new girls can have a better shot at staying in the show longer & making an impact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all down to polictics these days ie who they want on the tour!! They need the good ones partnered with the favourite pros to guarantee they do the tour.

Get a feeling Dan will get a dud which I hope in a way he does BUT then it would poss mean having Hayley back on tour with him:rolleyes: He needs to have someone at least average and available to do the tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of you may have seen this stuff but latest things that have been online about pros not returning are:-

- Susie apparantly told someone on Facebook that her & Andrei wold not be back.
    - Molly told someone on twitter that she would not be coming back
    - No official word from Fred & Mel yet but Fred tweeted the other day about a new project and on their website the DOI Blog section has been changed to Fred's blog and all the previous stuff on there has been deleted. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you may have seen this stuff but latest things that have been online about pros not returning are:-

- Susie apparantly told someone on Facebook that her & Andrei wold not be back.
    - Molly told someone on twitter that she would not be coming back
    - No official word from Fred & Mel yet but Fred tweeted the other day about a new project and on their website the DOI Blog section has been changed to Fred's blog and all the previous stuff on there has been deleted. :cry:

Aww :( about Susie and Andrei, but not shocked at all TBH.
    I hope Molly decided 'not' to come back as opposed to not asked back, because really she had no chance last year and seemed such a nice person.
    I'm sure Fred and Mel aren't coming back, they are opening a show in Germany in a few weeks, which is when the pro's start with their celebs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well looks like it's all happening from Frid on. Girls are in for a treat bit of new pro eye candy for us all..............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you tell us anything of any use yet Tracey, or are you still not going to as its your little secret :confused: