Options

Fiona Apple

AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else a fan?

This fan video features one of my favourite performances.She has a great voice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFH3XDeq4I

Comments

• Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her duet with Elvis Costello. An emotional performance indeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZraghW9XCA&feature=related.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm a HUGE fan. Unfortunately I've never had the chance to see her live but I own just about everything she's ever released. The Extraordinary Machine album is perfection. Apparently there was supposed to be a new album last year but it was delayed for some reason out of her control (again!). Hopefully there'll be some new stuff this year.

Her cover of Why Try To Change Me Now for the Cy Coleman tribute album is absolutely stunning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uf1n1wUfxE
  • Options
    Filthy&GorgeousFilthy&Gorgeous Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I only really like one album. Extraordinary Machine was flawless. Her other stuff was good enough, but not on the same level. I know it's not related to her music as such, but I find her personality really grating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's written some really good songs..hope we get to hear some new music soon
    love this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQfb9pY9fy4&feature=related
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i prefer Melon Kim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Three very good albums so far, another would be great.
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her cover of Across The Universe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    I really love "When The Pawn" and "Extraordinary Machine" (both versions). It's a pity that her music releases are so periodic, but you do get a treat when she does release them. She's apparently worked/working on another album.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Yep - Like Fiona- was disappointed with Extraordinary Machine though. Pawn is her best album I think
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Not sure how old this thread is, by chance I found some of her music on Grooveshark the other day. I like the songs that I've heard (Fast As You Can and Used To Love Him)

She has an interesting voice in the sense that I don't know whether I like it or not, though I like the actual music. I find myself listening to her music a lot lately so I must like it :p
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have the "When the Pawn..." album which I love.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan and adore her music especially When the Pawn... She just announced some live dates in small venues in the US for this spring so maybe she's coming out with a new album soon? One can only hope! Hopefully she do some dates in the UK too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiona Apple is brilliant, I'm a big fan of hers :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I like all of her albums and the odd singles she releases, heard she's releasing a new album this year and will definately be buying.

I also like the more upbeat sound she's been showing lately in her more recent music.

Fiona Apple: So sleepy
  • Options
    Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    lumiere wrote: »
    Yes, I'm a HUGE fan. Unfortunately I've never had the chance to see her live but I own just about everything she's ever released.

same :)

My favourite song is Paper Bag, but my favourite album overall is Tidal. Hope she comes to the UK!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My copy of Extraordinary Machine has been dispatched, I can't wait for it to arrive. :)

Gutted to find out that Tymps (Sick In The Head) is a different version of Used To Love Him, I love the latter. I'm not too keen on the finished album version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She debuted 3 new tracks at SXSW last week: http://www.nme.com/news/fiona-apple/62692

Hopefully they're from her new album which is rumoured to be released this summer.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear Extraordinary Machine and liked it a lot, not heard anything else. any recommendations?

edit - just seen the links :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ritch wrote: »
    I hear Extraordinary Machine and liked it a lot, not heard anything else. any recommendations?

edit - just seen the links :)

Fast As You Can - taken from her 2nd album
    Criminal - taken from her 1st album.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of 'When the Pawn...', which for me is one of the best albums of the 90s. Nothing else she has done really comes close in my opinion, though her other two albums are well worth a listen. I'll definitely be getting her new album when it finally materialises.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Wow, so many people have the same taste as me. I love her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just by chance I found an interview/documentary film between Fiona Apple and Quentin Tarantino.

Here is part 1, the rest is there too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd never actually seen a performance by her. There are a few performance clips in this documentary film. Fiona's style of performing is intriguing. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    extraordinary machine was sort of dreary but the 1st two albums were killers! the new one out soon must be better!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bella Trix wrote: »
    same :)

My favourite song is Paper Bag, but my favourite album overall is Tidal. Hope she comes to the UK!

Tidal is my absolute favourite. However, Love Ridden is probably the most perfect song that describes the demise of a relationship.