EE: Would Anyone Like Chryed To Come Back?

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
I would. They've been together for 5 years now & it's quite obvious they're committed. It would be nice to have them back in EE & just have a normal, committed gay couple going about daily. It would be a nice touch to EE since we've been on Syeds journey so there wouldn't be any need for coming outs etc since its already been done.

If they came back I think it would be nice for them to have a wedding too.

Comments

• SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    No thanks, both were dull by their exit.
    Syed was great at first but then became awful.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders does seem to muck up gay men

So no
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind them as recurring characters. Their sl was so brilliant and they had a nice conclusion. Use them in the same capacity as Sal Martin IMO. Whenever the Beales or Masoods have a special occasion, Chryed could come over.

I'd like to see Syed return for the live week. He needs some scenes with Shabnam.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you loved them as a couple, the worse thing that could happen to them would be to return. I don't think they'd last very long as a normal commited gay couple getting on with life, as soaps don't tend to like that happening for too long!!! They'd be cheating and doing gawd knows what in no time. I always think if you really like a couple, it's best that they never come back. Look at Alfie and Kat for example.
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    This forum went abnormally mental for them. That "waiting for Chryed to get it on" thread was utterly insane and I'm glad it's dead. We don't need its revival.
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uncle_Phil wrote: »
    This forum went abnormally mental for them. That "waiting for Chryed to get it on" thread was utterly insane and I'm glad it's dead. We don't need its revival.

I'm sure their appreciation thread is still very active, not quite as creepy though as the John James and Josie appreciation thread still being a hive of activity in the BB sub-forum:blush:
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I didn't mind Syed but Christian was just awful. The love for him was nearly as baffling as the obsession with one dimensional bore Danielle.
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I think if you loved them as a couple, the worse thing that could happen to them would be to return. I don't think they'd last very long as a normal commited gay couple getting on with life, as soaps don't tend to like that happening for too long!!! They'd be cheating and doing gawd knows what in no time. I always think if you really like a couple, it's best that they never come back. Look at Alfie and Kat for example.

Yep. I loved them when they were around- even under BK- but I never want them to come back 'properly'. They left happyish, which is really rare in soapland. Their story felt 'finished'- Syed had accepted his sexuality, his family had accepted him and Christian as a couple, they were married, they had a kid.

I'm not sure what they could do with them if they were to return- except to either have them come back and be the 'stable gay couple', and therefore boring, or bring them back and do a Kalfie on them and ruin them completely. They were already kind of getting there during their exit story. I'm sure DTC would treat them more respectfully than Kirkwood ever did, but there's only so much you can do with a couple on a soap without ruining them. There's nothing worse than bringing a character or couple back who have reached their natural endpoint and extending it unnaturally.

I'd like to see them back as guests if Zainab were to return and remarry Masood, for example, but I wouldn't like them back on a permanent basis. It'd be nice to see Syed interacting with Shabnam, though, as they never have.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were awesome but by the end the characters had been ruined. I'm glad they left together and while they are offscreen we can assume they are still happy.

I stopped watching EE when they left, and haven't watched since. I still think the reveal of the affair was some of the best tv i've ever seen. EE in its glory days back then!

Marc Elliott has done really well in theatre since then too, i doubt he'd want to come back now.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see them come back for a visit, but not full time.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    Couples that return are doomed. Kat and Alfie, Sonia and Martin are two current examples.

Some characters journey ends with their 'happily ever after'. Bring them back after that kills the ending. As a fan of Chyred, I would rather they stay a happy couple away from Walford.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, no thanks
    I clapped and cheered when i saw them leave.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. After their 'will they/won't' back and forth finally ended and they got together properly, TPTB had absolutely no idea what to do with them. They were reduced to boring filler storylines like Roxy's surrogacy, or out of the blue 'shock' moments like Syed cheating with Danny. They should've just gone their separate ways after the affair was exposed. It was the only time they were remotely interesting.
  • Ross_WRoss_W Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't mind seeing them back.

If only because it could lead to the return of sassy Amira.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I didn't like watching Christian so I'm glad they've gone. I would like Zainab Masood back if anyone should return from the Masood family.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syed was the hottest bloke in EE, I miss that!
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would luv them back only for a short stint tough, Really really want to see Syed and shabnam scenes.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....................no !!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - Dreadful storyline and dreadful characters.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! I do not want to see them back!
    Christian was fine. Syed ruined him.
    Always found Syed cringeworthy. Not a well suited couple, imo.
    However, if they've found happiness away from Walford, then good luck to them. Leave them where they are!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    YES! Absolutely love them as individuals and as a couple 😃
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was a permanent return then absolutely not. I could deal with them making guest appearances, particularly Christian who I thought worked really well with the likes of Jane, Ian and Roxy.

If Christian was to return permanently I wouldn't mind but it would have to be without Sybore.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I didn't mind Syed but Christian was just awful. The love for him was nearly as baffling as the obsession with one dimensional bore Danielle.

Agreed! (I liked Syed's looks, for sure;-))

I found them incredibly soppy.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like them to return but as a strong couple and I want Christian back full time but without sued that won't happen and Marc doesn't seem interested as Christian and even his daughter have appears but he hasn't. Some syed and Shabnam scenes would be great!