Splatoon Demo - 9th May 2015

2»

Comments

• samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to twitter there is also a new free map and a new gun.
  • calvin101calvin101 Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I'm so gutted, but I just cannot get on with this game.

I think it looks brilliant and I am really glad that Nintendo is trying something a little different.

But I just hate the controls and camera so much. I'm playing on the default scheme (which apparently is the best way to play it) but I just find that I'm forever trying to fix the camera. I think it's partly because the GamePad isn't held in a constant position, unlike a normal controller. I find that sometimes my character defaults to looking down because I've rested the GamePad down and then I'm scrambling around to try and fix the view.

Is anyone else having this problem? The reviews have been glowing and I desperately wanted to join in the praise...but I just find my priority before I can even consider what's going on around me is to fix the camera.
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    calvin101 wrote: »
    I'm so gutted, but I just cannot get on with this game.

I think it looks brilliant and I am really glad that Nintendo is trying something a little different.

But I just hate the controls and camera so much. I'm playing on the default scheme (which apparently is the best way to play it) but I just find that I'm forever trying to fix the camera. I think it's partly because the GamePad isn't held in a constant position, unlike a normal controller. I find that sometimes my character defaults to looking down because I've rested the GamePad down and then I'm scrambling around to try and fix the view.

Is anyone else having this problem? The reviews have been glowing and I desperately wanted to join in the praise...but I just find my priority before I can even consider what's going on around me is to fix the camera.

Turn the motion controller part off and reduce the sensitivity (I reduced mine to -4, one above lowest). It's all very well these reviewers (or anyone else) saying that the motion controller is better and you're at a handicap if you don't use it but if it doesn't work for you then you're at an even greater handicap just trying battle with the controls. I've never felt at a handicap because I don't use the motion controller, so just ignore that advice and play how it feels comfortable.

After you've turn off the motion controller (and I recommend the sensitivity down too) jump into single player and just spend some time getting used to it - it won't take long. Trust me, you will get used to it and when you do you'll really enjoy it. :)
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimall wrote: »
    Turn the motion controller part off and reduce the sensitivity (I reduced mine to -4, one above lowest). It's all very well these reviewers (or anyone else) saying that the motion controller is better and you're at a handicap if you don't use it but if it doesn't work for you then you're at an even greater handicap just trying battle with the controls. I've never felt at a handicap because I don't use the motion controller, so just ignore that advice and play how it feels comfortable.

After you've turn off the motion controller (and I recommend the sensitivity down too) jump into single player and just spend some time getting used to it - it won't take long. Trust me, you will get used to it and when you do you'll really enjoy it. :)

I 100% agree with this advice, I myself have the sensitivity right down to -5 with motion control off. I've tried it and cannot get on with it, and I do really well without it in most online games.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started playing this last night. Love it.

Totally agree about turning off motion controls. Can't get on with them at all, and it's much more natural to use the stick as with all other online shooters.
  • calvin101calvin101 Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice guys, getting on much better with the camera sensitivity turned right down. I've even played the online matches and had an absolute blast. Paint roller all the way for me!
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    I love this game!! I played it today as it was free to play for an hour and fell in love with it so went straight out and bought it!

Little bit overwhelming at first as to what weapons and special moves are the best ones to go for but I'm sure i'll figure it out with time. Having so much fun with online mode, just is irritating when you get put on a really bad team.. You have no hopes, on mt first 4 online games today I came first and beat my teammates who were a lot higher level which didn't make any sense. Beginners luck I guess as I didn't really have a clue what I was doing.

Very fun game though!!