Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• ReoReo Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I agree. The ratings boost must have been based on the part closure of the SL which was great. Last night EP concerning the George SL, his so called impatience/anger and Maddies and Callums concerns were very weak. Those who tuned in to see a repeat of the old SL will be sadly disappointed. I hope, but think, that this whole SL is not going to be centred around Maddie to the rescue. Gawd forbid :(:(. I am really not understanding ES's love of Scarlett just because they have worked together before. Smacks of nepotism. But casting a 25 yr old in the role of a 17 yr old is power to the cause :rolleyes:

Someone said yesterday that it could be Maddie saving the day.. And I agree, before I wasn't even thinking about how it would end, but now it has been said I really do think it will be Maddie to the rescue. It has to be about Maddie, because everything is, she is the centre of the world, after not knowing every little thing about George's life she will now save him and then tell him off for leaving her in the dark about his life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I just had to laugh when they replayed George's dramatic actions at the start of E4
    Forum Member
    duckmoo wrote: »
    By then my mind shall be a fuzzier, happier place, the words 'babe' and 'totes' shall be not but a distant memory. ;)

You might have a lot of envious people after you by then.. :p
    Forum Member
    Why have Callum and Maddie still not called the police?! Seriously, are these teens stupid?! Don't answer that, I already know.

And Annalise and Rob are back, there goes my theory of them breaking up while away, now we will get to see it.

Maddie looking at that book and feeling down was wrong, I see what they were doing and I nearly felt something, until I saw Maddie. That scene should have gone to Tilly, someone who can actually show emotion.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I'd agree with that. Anna Shaffer is pretty good. I don't know how she did it, but she managed to make Ruby sympathetic when she started out as a terrible cow.

It's funny, I've always though Sinead was way better with her family - loved her scenes with Diane and Finn. And I'm no Bart fan, but he's not bad with the McQueens, definitely.

I think I put 99% of my brain on standby when we get the 6th form scenes now. It's painful.

Very true. Which is why I think one way to salvage and "redeem" Maddie and Callum with the rest of the sixth formers would be breaking the whole group up, and giving them some reason to interact with the older characters. It might give the actors the kick and confidence to work harder in their scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    what the actual hell is Sinead wearing! they put her in some god awful clothes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    Why have Callum and Maddie still not called the police?! Seriously, are these teens stupid?! Don't answer that, I already know.

Because as Callum said, George does not want the police involved in any way. Also, they don't actually know he's in danger. I wouldn't worry though, the police do get involved soon enough
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott could probably just ask for a deadline extension, my tutor would give you a couple of weeks for any reason at all. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    It has to be about Maddie, because everything is, she is the centre of the world

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    npd6900 wrote: »
    Because as Callum said, George does not want the police involved in any way. Also, they don't actually know he's in danger. I wouldn't worry though, the police do get involved soon enough

There comes a time when you do go against a persons wishes if you believe or know something is wrong. George went missing during the day when he went to get his book. Callum knows something serious happened before, so serious that George didn't want to talk about it and Phoebe ended up missing. Not George is missing again, anyone would call the police.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    conkadonk1 wrote: »

Prostitute-chic ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to agree that someone would have said bollocks to what George wants I'm phoning the police, this is just daft.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks are going a bit overkill on the music, aren't they? They're having more music than Family Guy have cut-off scenes.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddie mooning around is really annoying. She is such a bad actress.
    Forum Member
    Plant wrote: »
    Maddie mooning around is really annoying. She is such a bad actress.

I agree, it's not emotional at all, it should be, if they had better actors/characters, but they don't, so it's not.

I also thought I saw Maddie smile when she was meant to be sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Hollyoaks are going a bit overkill on the music, aren't they? They're having more music than Family Guy have cut-off scenes.

I was just thinking that and also didn't they all as a pack move to Hollyoaks in September including the families not a year ago
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    I was just thinking that and also didn't they all as a pack move to Hollyoaks in September including the families not a year ago

Yup, apparently they all lived far enough away for Bart not to be able to see them, now they are all close and still living at home. George has been on the streets for nearly a year and with Phoebe for most of that time.. So what has happened? Did all the families/George and Phoebe move?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So on this exhaustive search they didn't bother with the squat.

Who writes this nonsense and can they go back to storylining school.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    I was eating liquidised solids at 3 months apparently I was a very hungry baby.:o

He's about 4 months old he was born just after Halloween.

I wondered about that too! You're meant to use the "corrected age" for prem babies when it comes to development, so if he was 2 months premature he'd only be 2-3 months corrected, so definitely younger than the current advice says. Maybe they're using Theresa's maths, when she decided he was 2 months old about 2 weeks after he was born! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I've got to agree that someone would have said bollocks to what George wants I'm phoning the police, this is just daft.

Exactly! But no, obviously a bunch of teenagers without a braincell between them are far better qualified to find a missing person!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conkadonk1 wrote: »

very Grease and now we are being told to go the the channel 4 and join the save George campaign :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now that's a cliffhanger if I ever saw one....

I missed the middle 10 mins cos I got distracted but I'm sure I didn't miss anything, when I came back to it they were doing exactly the same thing anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonights C4 episode was (in my opinion) really good!! :)
    Not as bad as everyone on here who watches e4 made out!! :D
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that the squat George was in? Did we ever see the outside of it before tonight?
    Forum Member
    I can see that episode losing some of the ratings it just gained, even the Brendan scenes weren't good.

The only thing that I was happy with is that the Annalise and Scott storyline have finally moved forward, even if that means Annalise getting angry with Scott.. At least it is moving forward.
This discussion has been closed.