another Game cock up...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    young girl works in my local shop, i asked her about a game, she said she didnt know and dosent play games, she just buys shoes

really

One staff member is a bit silly, so you call the entire staff clueless, really...ok
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i tried not to laugh when a customer was offered 20p for fifa 11, her face was a picture, especially when the child probably wanted 13..

epic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitman £19.99

007 legends £49.99

:confused:

Two seconds on the game website shows me its, 29.99 with extra content, again why would you not shop around and my local game isn't even selling the WiiU version for that much
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Two seconds on the game website shows me its, 29.99 with extra content, again why would you not shop around and my local game isn't even selling the WiiU version for that much

are you GAME's CEO per chance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its not friday yet, it could be £54.99 then, including disc insurance

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you GAME's CEO per chance?

No, why does everyone keep saying that when i point out most of the arguments against game are baseless and that you don't need to moan every time they have a price a little higher
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, why does everyone keep saying that when i point out most of the arguments against game are baseless and that you don't need to moan every time they have a price a little higher

because you are the only one on here that has a good word to say, they are a crap shop

sorry mate, its true
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

It could be, but if i wanted it i wouldn't come of here to moan about the prices, i'd just buy it somewhere

Just out of interest the Mass Effect trilogy is £47.99 on PSN (can't find the Xbla price for the trilogy) so what are these basterds at game charging for it £50-£55 more...

Edit: i just checked the price is actually 57.99, so that means game most of charged you more than £60 or you wouldn't made this (we'll say you are willing to pay a pound or two, for the case and the ability to trade it in)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be, but if i wanted it i wouldn't come of here to moan about the prices, i'd just buy it somewhere

Just out of interest the Mass Effect trilogy is £47.99 on PSN (can't find the Xbla price for the trilogy) so what are these basterds at game charging for it £50-£55 more...

Edit: i just checked the price is actually 57.99, so that means game most of charged you more than £60 or you wouldn't made this (we'll say you are willing to pay a pound or two, for the case and the ability to trade it in)

£45

£39.99 yesterday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £45

£39.99 yesterday

So let me get this straight, you paid much, much less than you would of on PSN (and possibly XBLA) and yet game are the ripoffs and are a bad shop and for what charging you £13 less than you would pay somewhere

You know what now we have the figures i must say i see your point charging £13 less rather than £18 less really is a big **** you to the customers
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have been a lot better since the takeover. The deals of the week have been very competitive and gets people in the shop.

I think people dont really want to see GAME shut down. Its good to have a shop that is committed to gaming and I know I enjoy browsing in the stores.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have been a lot better since the takeover. The deals of the week have been very competitive and gets people in the shop.

I think people dont really want to see GAME shut down. Its good to have a shop that is committed to gaming and I know I enjoy browsing in the stores.

Couldn't agree more they gotten better, but its still the old gamestation deals they still use that are the best

I think they problem they have is that when they had game and gamestation, they could have high prices in Game and if people wanted it cheaper they'd go to gamestation, which in the end still gave game money

I honestly think if they would of just rebranded as gamestation instead of game nobody would have a problem with the stores its just they remember the old game and still hold that bias
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight, you paid much, much less than you would of on PSN (and possibly XBLA) and yet game are the ripoffs and are a bad shop and for what charging you £13 less than you would pay somewhere

You know what now we have the figures i must say i see your point charging £13 less rather than £18 less really is a big **** you to the customers

you really do work for game, if i did i suppose i would do my best to defend them as well

and we all know digital downloads are ... well overpriced

they inflate the prices to try and shift the pre owned stock, thats why new and pre owned are next to each other,

im not saying you cant get a deal(hitman) but in general, they are overpriced (ac3 wii u £54.99) and give you the hard sell.

i dont know why you get so upset over people slagging game off??? you bought your wii u there, so did i, and i still think they are gash
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you really do work for game, if i did i suppose i would do my best to defend them as well

and we all know digital downloads are ... well overpriced

they inflate the prices to try and shift the pre owned stock, thats why new and pre owned are next to each other,

im not saying you cant get a deal(hitman) but in general, they are overpriced (ac3 wii u £54.99) and give you the hard sell.

i dont know why you get so upset over people slagging game off??? you bought your wii u there, so did i, and i still think they are gash

Its not that i get upset its two things

1. you don't like game don't go there its that simple, not one time has a thread popped up for a good deal in game even though they have good deals all the time but about 1 or twice a month we have somebody moaning that a game cost a few quid more (hell i forget the game but there was a thread by somebody thinking there where charging £130 for a game but they never even asked the staff, turned out it was a special edition)

2, the entire context that they are ripoffs is a misguided one that just keeps getting spread by threads like yours, some games cost more, some cost less, asda charge less than tesco for some products does that make tesco a ripoff, no because tesco have other products that are cheaper, no single shop in the world is going to have every single product cheaper than their rivals it doesn't happen

again i can not stress this enough shopping is the key, every time i look to buy a game from a shop, i check the main stores by my house Cex, grainger games and game, i purchase games from all three as one of them is never universally the cheapest

and i don't work there, i wish i did it would mostly be great because i enjoy games and the gaming culture in gereral (hence why i use gaming forums)
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is true, £49.99, £47.99 pre owned

It's £42.99 online, is it really £49.99 instore?
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    [/B]

The disc care is actually a good deal imo - £1 extra is all it costs.

Oh andanother good deal in-store at the minute is Black Ops 2 for £32.99, however on the whole they are overpriced, I only shop in there because I get good discounts lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's £42.99 online, is it really £49.99 instore?

its £49.99

the point i was making and this is what has annoyed me, i dont like the way the prices fluctuate nearly every week.

if they are going to sell a title for £44.99, fine

putting prices up when they feel like, seems a bit sneaky and underhand.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its £49.99

the point i was making and this is what has annoyed me, i dont like the way the prices fluctuate nearly every week.

if they are going to sell a title for £44.99, fine

putting prices up when they feel like, seems a bit sneaky and underhand.
    Every week? You should check out Zavvi's prices daily. Sure they have a lot of bargains, but a single game can have 3 different prices in week as they change them daily.

What Game do isn't underhanded, it's business and very legal. Their prices may also change depending on their quantity of new/pre-owned titles too.

It's also very close to Christmas. Many retailers will up their prices (if they were already lower than RRP) before many seasonal periods, and they make more money from the late shoppers. They may also drop them again when their sale periods start, some will start their January sales on Boxing Day.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I suspect GAME management were impressed by the levels ME Troligy they sold for £40 and thought 'hang on, we'll easily rinse an extra fiver out of punters for this one' so whacked it up by £5.

ACIII I do not understand the pricing strategy for that one tbh especially after some average reviews from the less ar$e licking magazines.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I somewhat agree with thomas on this matter, Game are only a ripoff if you allow them to rip you off. Shop around for the product you want, sometimes Game will be the cheapest, about level or overpriced. Its like that in every shop, its why we have price comparison sites now and so on. Game will see it as they can sell that game at that price and can still sell, reduce the price after Christmas and pick up sales there. Businesses will do that. They'll reduce prices if the game isn't selling or is overstocked... again just like any business.

To the users who then say he must work for Game for actually trying to get this point across, really... grow up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Not all bad at game, They had Dead Or Alive 5 brand new for £30 (Down to £25 on a weekly deal) while it was still £40 over at HMV.

That was for both PS3 & 360.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    I've never really got all the hate aimed at Game, There just doing what all the big stores do when it comes to taking prices up & down. I've seen the same thing happen in other stores not just with games but with just about everything else.

I don't do a great deal of shopping in game as I rarely go into Birmingham city center but i have brought stuff new & pre-owned from there & have never really found the prices of stuff I've brought to be that bad compared to stuff I've got from elsewhere. Certainly the last few things I've got new from game have been cheaper than I've seen elsewhere which is why I ended up getting them from Game.

If pricing bothers you then just look around for best prices, sometimes there more expensive in game but some things you will find are cheaper in game & sometimes prices are the same everywhere.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    To the users who then say he must work for Game for actually trying to get this point across, really... grow up.

Do you work at GAME? With him?!!!!!

:):):):)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One staff member is a bit silly, so you call the entire staff clueless, really...ok

i agree,on the whole the majority of staff at my local store are extremely knowledgeable about Games
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree,on the whole the majority of staff at my local store are extremely knowledgeable about Games

Unfortunately only 2 of the staff members at my local store have a clue. It's a nightmare in there when they're not working...