Options

More reasons not to buy the Xbox 720 (& some reasons to)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MS ain't gonna mess around with potential sales of their next box. Bring it on. I'm def getting one :)
    Who's up for a game of Halo 5 in MP mode. Can't wait for the new console to launch :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of this gimmick rubbish has appeared on PC's so why would console gamers be force to use it, like 2D said, none of this crap will be forced on anybody, gamers will still be playing games with just a controller. Hell if Kinect needs be connected then fine, connect it and shove behind the tv outta sight.

But the game may not work unless Kinect is positioned in the correct place.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    I really doubt this no used game rumor. For such system to work effectively it would have to be an online system, forcing people to connect to internet to activate there games. Not everyone especially younger children have internet readily available to them. It would be very big risk and I personally think it would effect peoples choice, when buying any of the new consoles.

I don't think anyone should be basing any of these rumors on decision to get either console. Wait for MS's conference, that will sure be in next couple of months. As I don't see holding much longer with ps4 being announced next week.
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like or want Kinect.
    Game installs are OK providing they don't take forever & are not mandatory.
    Don't care about been able to run Multiple games/app's, I just want to play the game i'm playing & focus 100% on that.
    New controller - Depends what it is as I kinda love the current 360 pad, Real comfortable to hold & everything's (Buttons/sticks) where i want it.
    Companion app - Not interested.

I'd rather just have a decent spec console, A nice hand-held controller which I don't have to wave about & a good game with a good single player campaign to get into. Anything else is a distraction im not interested in.

Agreed, hate all this BS about the Kinect and i love the current controller
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    I really doubt this no used game rumor. For such system to work effectively it would have to be an online system, forcing people to connect to internet to activate there games. Not everyone especially younger children have internet readily available to them. It would be very big risk and I personally think it would effect peoples choice, when buying any of the new consoles.

I don't think anyone should be basing any of these rumors on decision to get either console. Wait for MS's conference, that will sure be in next couple of months. As I don't see holding much longer with ps4 being announced next week.

That's just speculation about the PS4 announcement, at the moment anyway.

I had PS1, PS2, Xbox, PS3 & 360, so I can see me getting both again this time around regardless. Though my PS3 has been a dust collector for over 18 months.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    Agreed, hate all this BS about the Kinect and i love the current controller

Put me on that list as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the rumor is microsoft will be including the kinect with the next xbox, so everyone has this and it needs to always be on as well as being able to tell who is who in your house and market things that that person will like to them

So essentially the xbox would know what i like and when i go on the marketplace the first stuff i see is the stuff i want thus saving me from having to go through about 20 sub menus

And people are against this why?
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    So the rumor is microsoft will be including the kinect with the next xbox, so everyone has this and it needs to always be on as well as being able to tell who is who in your house and market things that that person will like to them

So essentially the xbox would know what i like and when i go on the marketplace the first stuff i see is the stuff i want thus saving me from having to go through about 20 sub menus

Sorry if I'm being stupid here but you're joking.. right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I'm being stupid here but you're joking.. right?

No but i'd like to know my suggestion would be taken as a joke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do they need to know what's going on in my living room? I dont want know what's going on their living rooms because I dont give a crap about what they get up to.

As for going through 20 submenus blame the imitation Metro interface for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any of this always on is true then I won't be buying any MS console. Now I don't know what is actually meant by 'always on', does this mean MS can watch you playing games? LOL. That's just not going to happen in my house, where my kids play get ready for school, get changed and ready for bed etc etc.

Surely these rumours can't be true, for goodness sake its beyond belief if they are, even having to have Kinect connected to play games is a step to far.

I'm actually horrified by what I'm reading, it can't be true, its outrageous.

I'm waiting with great interest to see what MS are actually planning.

Good grief :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WHAT????? my god!
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imagine coming home drunk on a friday night and getting busy with you girlfriend on the couch, the next morning you wake up put the xbox on and the store is promoting "the good sex guide" or videos for "better sex for lovers" because the xbox didnt think you did a good enough job of satisfying you girl last night :D

Or you game alone so the xbox keeps promoting dating sites because it feels you're a loser :D

Yeah, what could possibly be wrong with the xbox watching what you do 24/7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus people as acting as if microsoft actively want to spy on people playing xbox but if you think it without being silly for a moment

Oh my god want if i get drunk and have sex in front of kinect, really your going with that as your argument against kinect....really

Objectively why is microsoft knowing what you like such a bad idea

What paying you money so you can the online of a game, you are okay with

Have a device that can tell the type of things you like and market them to it, terrible idea

Where is the logic
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus people as acting as if microsoft actively want to spy on people playing xbox but if you think it without being silly for a moment

Oh my god want if i get drunk and have sex in front of kinect, really your going with that as your argument against kinect....really

Objectively why is microsoft knowing what you like such a bad idea

What paying you money so you can the online of a game, you are okay with

Have a device that can tell the type of things you like and market them to it, terrible idea

Where is the logic

are you feeling ok today?? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you feeling ok today?? :eek:

I'm feeling fine but when other people say Kinect is a bad idea because you might get busy in front it, or it could tell you are lonely

It just boggles that mind (and i'm not just talking about people saying that on here)
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want kinect because I have 2 much furniture in the living room ... It wouldn't work properly ... & I certainly ain't gonna start rearranging stuff ... It's all BS anyway ... If kinect was included it'd add £100 to the RRP wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Imagine coming home drunk on a friday night and getting busy with you girlfriend on the couch, the next morning you wake up put the xbox on and the store is promoting "the good sex guide" or videos for "better sex for lovers" because the xbox didnt think you did a good enough job of satisfying you girl last night :D

Or you game alone so the xbox keeps promoting dating sites because it feels you're a loser :D

Yeah, what could possibly be wrong with the xbox watching what you do 24/7.

Turn the stupid thing off then if you seriously think anyone is going to watch you have sex.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm feeling fine but when other people say Kinect is a bad idea because you might get busy in front it, or it could tell you are lonely

It just boggles that mind (and i'm not just talking about people saying that on here)

Not kinect but always on cameras watching everything you do.

I guess what it comes down to is how much trust you have in big corporations and whether you think that once a technology like this is in peoples houses whether those big corporations will misuse it for their profit and their own gain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Not kinect but always on cameras watching everything you do.

I guess what it comes down to is how much trust you have in big corporations and whether you think that once a technology like this is in peoples houses whether those big corporations will misuse it for their profit and their own gain.
    Big corporations want to make money. They're not interested in making The Truman Show Part 2.

So all it would do is constantly be on the look-out for products and items in your home that the service has a related buyable service or item for.

Oh you have a poster up of a Sonic do you? BUY SONIC ALL STAR RACING NOWWWWWWA!

It is like people that get nervous about Gmail reading your emails. Larry Page is not sitting at his desk laughing at your email archives, he just wants his customers to get the best targeted advertising they can and they don't do so by telling Company X selling Product Y that Joe Bloggs of 13 Some Street with postcode of AB1 2CD, aged 25, working at McDonald's has an email about Product Y. It is all anonymised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn the stupid thing off then if you seriously think anyone is going to watch you have sex.

Even better option, not buy the product.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Big corporations want to make money. They're not interested in making The Truman Show Part 2.

So all it would do is constantly be on the look-out for products and items in your home that the service has a related buyable service or item for.

Oh you have a poster up of a Sonic do you? BUY SONIC ALL STAR RACING NOWWWWWWA!

It is like people that get nervous about Gmail reading your emails. Larry Page is not sitting at his desk laughing at your email archives, he just wants his customers to get the best targeted advertising they can and they don't do so by telling Company X selling Product Y that Joe Bloggs of 13 Some Street with postcode of AB1 2CD, aged 25, working at McDonald's has an email about Product Y. It is all anonymised.

Be that as it may, I still don't want cameras in my home, the potential for abuse by someone within that company or hackers is enough to put me right off. If this is MS way forward then its forward without me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    Be that as it may, I still don't want cameras in my home, the potential for abuse by someone within that company or hackers is enough to put me right off. If this is MS way forward then its forward without me.

But how many millions of people are going to be buying the new xbox, the chances of somebody watching are so slim they may as well not exist

For someone to 'spy' on you, the chances of an employee deciding he wants to watch people and at that exact same moments you have your xbox on and out of the millions of people online he chooses you and then watches you, you literally would have a better chance of winning the lottery

But i'll play ball, against all the odds a microsoft employee or 'hacker' starts spying on you, want on earth will he see, you sitting/lying down playing a game or watching a movie
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't think some of you guys have thought this through LOL. Sony are announcing the PS4 (as is widely speculated) in four days time. Do you really think MS would announce features such as those discussed here on the back of Sony's unveiling?

No, and certainly not if Sony aren't offering similar restrictions. MS have to remain competitive and entice consumers. Even I wouldn't buy one and that would mean me forsaking Forza 5. This is why I am happy in a way Sony have been forced to take the lead this time around as MS can now sit back, gauge reaction from fans and gaming press alike and offer their next- gen vision afterwards.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of these rumours are just silly.
    I can't see MS enforcing anything like Kinect always on or games being online only.
    They aren't going to do anything which instantly excludes a large part if their customer base.

If Kinect is included with the machine it'll be optional to use it.