The Curious Case Of The Clark Brothers

spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Very disturbing, how sad.

Comments

• InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Indeed. Surprised they have physical as well as the obvious mental problems.

Have CH4 even mentioned what the desease is called? And is it fate that 2 brothers got it? I assume this will be explained
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called leukodystrophy.There are various forms,and it is usually inherited.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very sad for both them and their families. Imagine suddenly being unable to work out how to get out of the shower.

As always with these programmes, massive praise due for the people that look after folks like these two brothers, both the families and the professionals.
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is really sad.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've gone absolutely mad with the logo blur though - finding it quite distracting. What does it really matter if we see the tiniest logo on someone's t-shirt :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad but tbh the guy with the daughter isnt as badly affected as I thiought he may be. Its sad because they both obviouslly know what they once had . I was suprised too that they had physical symptoms. Will it affect their life expectancy.?
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Alex has it really bad :(
    How awful
    Anyone know how many it roughly affects?
  • BoiledSpoonsBoiledSpoons Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I knew Mike, but I lost touch with him about twelve years back. The first I knew of his condition was when I saw a news report featuring him and his brother. What a terrible thing to happen.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Oh dear Alex has it really bad :(
    How awful
    Anyone know how many it roughly affects?

It's a C4 freak show, so it affects about 10 people worldwide.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I saw a documentary last year about this family, is this a repeat?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad but huge respect for the Clark parents. Imagine starting a new life in Spain when your family is all off your hands and having some time to yourself. Then having to come back to the cold and damp and care for your 2 adult sons who need as much care as when they were toddlers.

I was so pleased they got rehoused. They absolutely deserve that.