ANTM Cycle 14 Living

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raina is by far my favourite I think she is stunning and loved her picture this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again the wrong person went this week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't expecting Naduah to go. I though they loved her and the gave her a lame excuse to be honest. I didn't know they let girls who already professionally modelled in anyway. Ren should have gone and didn't even want to be there. Ren seems like such a soul-sucker.

I wonder why they don't judge their behaviour in the house as well since they film it. Or maybe they do and so they keep the drama-stirrers in and perhaps the producers have their say...
    Raina's pic was gorgeous and I loved Alasia's and Jessica's too. Alexandria's catwalk falls were so unfortunate but she has to laugh about them at some point!

I have to say on Brenda's makeover..they f-cked her up! She looked so much more beautiful before. They complained the way she posed in her photo 'aged her' but it's the hair cut. Short hair is getting boring.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    black_vine wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting Naduah to go. I though they loved her and the gave her a lame excuse to be honest. I didn't know they let girls who already professionally modelled in anyway. Ren should have gone and didn't even want to be there. Ren seems like such a soul-sucker.

Is it just me or do the judges seem to be promoting Ren a lot? I don't know who wins, but it seems that they found Ren (but haven;t said how..open auditions? A fashion show?) and are raving about her. In the teach Miss J seemed to favour her.

And yet her attitude seems to be really disdainful of modelling, like she's too good.

Alasia should have gone over Gabrielle. I can't stand her

Haven't got to the end of episode 3 yet but i kinda liked Naduah, although it was a bit weird hearing about all the previous modelling work she's done. But there was the transexual girl a couple of series back who'd been in the background of a shoot who was brought forward to the next cycle.

Just watching...poor alexandra. Not only did she fall twice, but that dress does absolutely nothing for her figure.
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deffo something odd about this cycle imo.
    Bringing in Ren with no back-story & then having to listen to her moaning etc (just go girl-friend; there were girls you robbed of that place if you truly don't want to be there).
    Naduah having a totally OTT back-story & then being eliminated so early :eek:. The reasoning was very weak & I'm wondering if what one of the other contestants said rang alarm bells for the producers, so they got rid; something about suspecting her of being a pathological liar, (however I've always assumed they investigate the contestants before putting them in the house :confused:).
    Plus all this "in the hood" gangsta, biatch in-fighting is getting on my wick. It appears too over-done & I'm wondering if those 3-4 awfully behaved, seemingly trashy girls are a big set-up for "entertainment" value. They want to be careful though cos instead of entertaining me it's turning me cold.
    Anymore inappropriate cat-fights & threatening behaviour that's not addressed (it happened with one contestant on the coming to an end cycle of AUSNTM on LivingIt & she is so obnoxious I've stopped watching cos she seems to be rewarded for her ASBO behaviour by getting in the semi-final) & I for one will be tuning out :p.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about Cassie, Jacquiann?
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell was Tara wearing at the end? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ren didn't come out looking very good did she.
    i was shocked when she just went straight up to brenda? (the uptight redhead) and told her what the others were saying about her - she tried to dress it up as not wanting to be around back stabbing but it was stirring plain and simple.
    And all that moaning about her mum - umm you are on TV telling the world, do you not think you should try and sort it out personally first?
    Glad she's gone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me, or are the girls particularly mean and snidey this time? I know there's always one or two, but most of the house seems pretty horrid to me this season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anslee's sniggering at Brenda's critique was really pissing me off, given that she did shit herself. I don't especially like either of them, though.

All the girls are too into bitching. I'm finding it difficult to like any of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    What the hell was Tara wearing at the end? :eek:

I know! it was the pot calling the kettle black when she disapproved of Alicia's silver swimsuit outfit, saying as she told her she got through to the next round and gave her her photo 'I can't believe I'm giving you this when you're wearing that outfit'!

I wonder if Tara was a BIT embarrassed though to be in that outfit, she was holding the photos over her, uh, cameltoe :o for a lot of the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Ren is out. Seriously she was like a dementor personified. I agree with you bristol pixie her telling Ren what they said was plain and simple stirring no matter how she tried to play it off and then she whined, 'omggg this drama, these awful girls' please. orangesmartie I agree. The judges seemed to be rooting for her a lot but I just didn't 'get' what was so special about her. She would be an awful spokesmodel and I don't think she would connect with people.

Anslee was so mean! I didn't really 'get' her modelling appeal from the get-go and she did not need to be snickering and laughing at Brenda given her situation. Her photo was worse and she looks more aged. She seems like a whiner but Anslee did not need to snap at Brenda like that and be so mean to her about the quiz but it's not just one person that let the side down.

Simone, Alasia & Raina are really shining for me this week. Alasia is improving on the modelling front although she seemed really clueless from when she arrived but I think she's growing and it'll make a nice story. That outfit was a mess though!

Bit annoyed to see the girls will be doing a vampire shoot next week. This overdone vampire craze is driving me just that - crazy!
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Are you talking about Cassie, Jacquiann?

Yep did n't watch the final of Livingit, season 5's AusNTM but looked up the winner. Tbh I don't think Cassie is mature enough to cope with being a world class model (which if the stories are true she's buggared up her chances already) & Tahnee is just too bland imo, so I lost interest.
    I get the impression that Ren & Naduah plus at least another 4-5 in this "cycle" have issues with communication & people skills; good TV but not good traits for modelling. (Actually come to think of it Kate & Naomi don't seem to have done too badly ;)).
    I'm going to stop watching this ANTM now until a few more are eliminated, as the biatching is getting to me. I've a feeling some of the nasty girls will be gone first. That poor woman with the red hair, Brenda? I'm not too keen on her bossy attitude however chopping it all off was a mistake imo, it does make her look old & mumsy but the other girls were so wicked calling her "Chucky". I hope Tyra sorts out the unflattering barnet, as it's really given her a complex. (Yeah Ren really did enjoy that stirring didn't she?).
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes JacquiAnn - I chose not to watch the final as well (had already seen the result on Wikipedia). But I quite liked Cassie despite her failings, at least she wasn't as bitchy as Tahnee, Claire and some of the others. The bitchiness (or rather unintelligence) of some of the women on all of these shows including ANTM cycle 14 is offputting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Yes JacquiAnn - I chose not to watch the final as well (had already seen the result on Wikipedia). But I quite liked Cassie despite her failings, at least she wasn't as bitchy as Tahnee, Claire and some of the others. The bitchiness (or rather unintelligence) of some of the women on all of these shows including ANTM cycle 14 is offputting.

Another one who didnt watch the final as much as I liked Cassie think she has blown her chances of doing really well... anyway I will be interested to see what kind of second make over they do for Brenda
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Cycle 14 has been rather a mess so far.

My faves are Raina, Brenda, Jessica and Tatiana.
    I adore Raina the most, everytime I see her in pictures or in person (through the TV of course ;) ) she takes my breath away.

I felt quite bad for Ren, clearly she doesn't know what on earth she wants. She has a great look though, she could have gone far if she'd have just chilled out a bit.

Don't like self-opinionated Anslee, brutish Alasia or conceited Krista. I can't stand Angelea's personality, but her pictures are rather good.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really glad Ren has gone, I couldn't see what was special about her. I guess this is a clear indication that Tyra sees the in house fottage and takes it into account when making the decision.
    Alasia's outfit was shocking and I personally didn't think her photo was great....but then i often like the ones the judges hate and hate the ones the judges like!

Dunno if i'm getting old but all the girls seem to begrating on my nerves. Haven't got a favourite this time.
    Forum Member
    I love the ad for the next episode, it's so dramatic.
    Seems like a Twilight-inspired vampire photoshoot is on the cards, I'm impressed they managed to land this episode the day after Halloween. Good timing. ;)
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the episode, and especially the photoshoot.

But I didn't really appreciate sour-faced git Anslee's commentary throughout. It was fairly obvious she was going to be in the bottom two, same with Simone.
    The editing at the start of the episode usually focuses on the girl who was just in the bottom two last episode, then concentrates on the two girls who will be the bottom two with them talking about where they stand in the competition.

I'm having to grit my teeth at the Alasia love from the judges. :D Although during her spat with Anslee, I found myself pulling for Alasia, which doesn't say much for Anslee really. lol

I liked it that Tatiana really stepped out from the competition and became an individual at last, she's been a bit stuck in the background so far.
  • MagwashMagwash Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode, and especially the photoshoot.

But I didn't really appreciate sour-faced git Anslee's commentary throughout. It was fairly obvious she was going to be in the bottom two, same with Simone.
    The editing at the start of the episode usually focuses on the girl who was just in the bottom two last episode, then concentrates on the two girls who will be the bottom two with them talking about where they stand in the competition.

I'm having to grit my teeth at the Alasia love from the judges. :D Although during her spat with Anslee, I found myself pulling for Alasia, which doesn't say much for Anslee really. lol

I liked it that Tatiana really stepped out from the competition and became an individual at last, she's been a bit stuck in the background so far.

Anslee annoys me, how many of her sentences start with "I'm a mom so..." or "As a mom..." even so far as a accusing Alasia of not knowing what it's like to be a woman.

I really wish she had gone this week because it looks like she is going to get worse next week. :rolleyes:
  • MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too impressed with last night's show. Brenda looked quite convincing as a vampire, with her pale skin and high cheekbones. I thought Raina's picture was okay, but there was no light on her face, and I'm sure she must have taken better ones than that. I thought Alasia's picture was rubbish :-s
  • airyfariyairyfariy Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who left?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also didn't really enjoy last night's episode. I don't like it when there is conflict in the house (in fact, I'm not really interested by anything that goes on in the house). That first challenge was really unfair - make them improvise in front of a live audience and then slag them off. The second was slightly better in Times Square, but again, not very fair as so many of them got it wrong, it clearly wasn't very, well, clear!

I was quite excited about the vampire photoshoot, it being Halloween and me liking that sort of thing, but I felt it all fell very flat. None of the photos really did it for me, although I like Raina and Tatiana. I also thought Alasia's photo was a bit slutty - even if the judges didn't!

Knew Simone was going from some edit/comment at the beginning of the episode (it's so predictable sometimes), but was hoping it would be the other one - Anslee. Don't you know that being a Mom means you know everything and better than anyone else? Well, don't you? And don't you dare slag me off as a mother as I am a mother and you're not. Grrr. As if. Although they were both horrendous.
    Forum Member
    Yeah the drama gets a bit much, this cycle we seem to have far too many girls who actively seek friction.

There seems to be alot of bad-feeling between them, has any of the girls actually hugged the others goodbye when they've been eliminated? haha
    When Simone just looked at them and thought 'Errr nah, sod it' and just waved goodbye lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jacquiann wrote: »
    Deffo something odd about this cycle imo.
    Bringing in Ren with no back-story & then having to listen to her moaning etc (just go girl-friend; there were girls you robbed of that place if you truly don't want to be there).
    Naduah having a totally OTT back-story & then being eliminated so early :eek:. The reasoning was very weak & I'm wondering if what one of the other contestants said rang alarm bells for the producers, so they got rid; something about suspecting her of being a pathological liar, (however I've always assumed they investigate the contestants before putting them in the house :confused:).
    Plus all this "in the hood" gangsta, biatch in-fighting is getting on my wick. It appears too over-done & I'm wondering if those 3-4 awfully behaved, seemingly trashy girls are a big set-up for "entertainment" value. They want to be careful though cos instead of entertaining me it's turning me cold.
    Anymore inappropriate cat-fights & threatening behaviour that's not addressed (it happened with one contestant on the coming to an end cycle of AUSNTM on LivingIt & she is so obnoxious I've stopped watching cos she seems to be rewarded for her ASBO behaviour by getting in the semi-final) & I for one will be tuning out :p.

Excellent post, spot on!
    Re bold - yep its been sfor a while that they've been casting these stereotypical "loud angy black ghetto girls" who argue over the most simplistic things. It almost feels as though its part of the criteria to get on the show. Its become embarrasing and painful to watch.

Last rant on the show while I'm on my soapbox there's too much of tyra and the gimmics "Looove Tyra" it needs to go back to the original format where it was based on the girls and the photo shoots.