Options

Big Brother Hall of Shame

Comments

• Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    yeah , I'm pretty sure charley said she saw her doing it , which is bizarre when you think about it - why was she looking and how could she tell ?

Charley for the Hall of Shame then! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trumbles wrote: »
    Charley claimed to have seen Lesley peeing in the shower in BB8, though she never said so to her face. Lesley flatly denied it later (on here and in her book) after she found out.

Charley had a difficult relationship with the truth at times, so I'm inclined to believe Lesley.

Lol just saw this, yeah you're probably right there :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no there were far more posts from Aaron fans urging him to do this , and as I said - one cheat doesn't justify another .
    Yes, I think that was what I found most aggravating. It would have been reasonable to have said, "I hope he pays out when Alex gives him his share of the £50,000 split." But it was unbelievably irritating the number of people who posted that Aaron was right to break the deal because he had a son and Jay didn't, or because he was nice and Jay wasn't, or because it wasnt a fair deal because Aaron was more likely to win.
    Trumbles wrote: »
    I suppose if everything's always gravy it's difficult to avoid getting phat.
    :D:D:D

imrightok wrote: »
    Just one question. What bodily fluid would be worse?

I was thinking of wee. But I concede that it is a matter of - uh - taste.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    A lot of 19 year olds are still immature and more likely to show off and be influenced by others. She was mainly just going along with general nastiness of her group of freinds in the house.

Well she certainly exceeded the behaviour of a lot of the others. There were a lot of nasty people in that house, and she was one of the worse. Unless she has a mental illness, IMO there is no excuse for her behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of 19 year olds are still immature and more likely to show off and be influenced by others. She was mainly just going along with general nastiness of her group of freinds in the house.

It wasn't a question of 'going along with her friends'. It was the much nastier question of jettisoning her friends, because she saw them as disadvantageous.

Her original friend was of course Deana. Why? Because it was a task that Becky had to pass. So that whole week of her offering Deana massages and hugs, and telling her how lovely she was, was part of that process. Why did she choose Deana? Because she saw that Deana was isolated and friendless, and would be grateful for the attention. There was something genuinely poignant about Deana's gratitude to have a friend at last, and the speed and ruthlessness with which Becky dumped her as soon as it was over. Then there was the four person eviction night, and suddenly, briefly, Becky and Deana were close again, united in defeating the forces of evil. Only once again, Deana quickly became surplus to requirements, and was dumped almost immediately for the very people Becky had (with good reason) identified as the evil side.

And there was something parallel with Luke A. You have to do some reading between the lines here, because it wasn't shown on the highlights. But when the pool was placed out of bounds, the housemates shrugged that it didn't matter, because Becky and Luke were the only people who used it. And Luke, in his 'you got really weird with me' conversation confirmed this: that he and Becky had spent a lot of time together as being the only two who really liked swimming, and had been good friends. But again, she identified him as someone weak, powerless and unpopular, and therefore no good to her. Just as Sheivonne dumped and nominated him just after admitting that he had 'a heart of gold' and had 'really saved me', Becky suddenly had no time for her swimming friend, finding it much more exciting to be accepted by the popular group.

There can be no aspect of BB13 more satisfying, imo, than her learning that it doesn't always pay to jettison your friends when someone cooler and more popular comes along. There MUST have been times since when she wishes she hadn't, but had stayed nice to the people who had never been anything but nice to her.

A 19 year old is at least 7 years too old to pretend not to understand concepts like kindness and loyalty. She got what she deserved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she certainly exceeded the behaviour of a lot of the others. There were a lot of nasty people in that house, and she was one of the worse. Unless she has a mental illness, IMO there is no excuse for her behaviour.

Not excusing her behaviour was just explaining why you should probably cut her some slack.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a question of 'going along with her friends'. It was the much nastier question of jettisoning her friends, because she saw them as disadvantageous.

Her original friend was of course Deana. Why? Because it was a task that Becky had to pass. So that whole week of her offering Deana massages and hugs, and telling her how lovely she was, was part of that process. Why did she choose Deana? Because she saw that Deana was isolated and friendless, and would be grateful for the attention. There was something genuinely poignant about Deana's gratitude to have a friend at last, and the speed and ruthlessness with which Becky dumped her as soon as it was over. Then there was the four person eviction night, and suddenly, briefly, Becky and Deana were close again, united in defeating the forces of evil. Only once again, Deana quickly became surplus to requirements, and was dumped almost immediately for the very people Becky had (with good reason) identified as the evil side.

And there was something parallel with Luke A. You have to do some reading between the lines here, because it wasn't shown on the highlights. But when the pool was placed out of bounds, the housemates shrugged that it didn't matter, because Becky and Luke were the only people who used it. And Luke, in his 'you got really weird with me' conversation confirmed this: that he and Becky had spent a lot of time together as being the only two who really liked swimming, and had been good friends. But again, she identified him as someone weak, powerless and unpopular, and therefore no good to her. Just as Sheivonne dumped and nominated him just after admitting that he had 'a heart of gold' and had 'really saved me', Becky suddenly had no time for her swimming friend, finding it much more exciting to be accepted by the popular group.

There can be no aspect of BB13 more satisfying, imo, than her learning that it doesn't always pay to jettison your friends when someone cooler and more popular comes along. There MUST have been times since when she wishes she hadn't, but had stayed nice to the people who had never been anything but nice to her.

A 19 year old is at least 7 years too old to pretend not to understand concepts like kindness and loyalty. She got what she deserved.

Well yeah jettisoning your friends to be part of the popular group isnt a nice thing to do however, in BB its good survival tactic and the house isnt the real world so maybe that was just part of her game plan.

Luke A was always complaining and whining about wanting to be part of the popular group despite how nasty they were so what does that say about him?

Luke A also made himself an easy target by his contant moping and inferioty complex to Luke S so he kind of brought some of the animosity towards him on himself.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Well yeah jettisoning your friends to be part of the popular group isnt a nice thing to do however, in BB its good survival tactic and the house isnt the real world so maybe that was just part of her game plan.

Luke A was always complaining and whining about wanting to be part of the popular group despite how nasty they were so what does that say about him?

Luke A also made himself an easy target by his contant moping and inferioty complex to Luke S so he kind of brought some of the animosity towards him on himself.

Well she certainly got her "tactics"the wrong way round then. After all, on eviction night, when there was an "insider "up against an "outsider "the "insider" always lost out. So her aliegning herself with the "insiders "was a silly move. Or maybe its nothing to do with "tactics "maybe she's just a nasty person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she certainly got her "tactics"the wrong way round then. After all, on eviction night, when there was an "insider "up against an "outsider "the "insider" always lost out. So her aliegning herself with the "insiders "was a silly move. Or maybe its nothing to do with "tactics "maybe she's just a nasty person.

She may well be a nasty person but some of the others who are old enough to know better were just as bad if not worse.

I dont think anyone came out of that series with much credibility in tact except maybe Deana.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you are joking. He said no such thing, and it is impossible to imagine him saying any such thing. He ONCE said it would be nice to be popular, which is a completely different thing altogether; of course he never wanted to join the group whose behaviour he didn't like. Can you imagine, for a single instant, him abandoning Adam to oil up to people like Ashleigh and Conor?

A target for what? Why would anyone feel animosity towards someone for 'moping' (which he didn't, particularly)? Non-aligned people like Scott and sara never seemed to have any problem with him; indeed, Sara always seemed to enjoy sitting and chatting to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you are joking. He said no such thing, and it is impossible to imagine him saying any such thing. He ONCE said it would be nice to be popular, which is a completely different thing altogether; of course he never wanted to join the group whose behaviour he didn't like. Can you imagine, for a single instant, him abandoning Adam to oil up to people like Ashleigh and Conor?

A target for what? Why would anyone feel animosity towards someone for 'moping' (which he didn't, particularly)? Non-aligned people like Scott and sara never seemed to have any problem with him; indeed, Sara always seemed to enjoy sitting and chatting to him.

No not joking, I heard him say numerious times in various ways that he wanted to be accepted by the other group and hang around more with them.

You could tell he longed to be part of the insiders by the way he stared at them forlornly from the sidelines and would probably have ditched the outsiders to be with who he perceived as the popular group if the oppurtunity had arisen.

Remember this is the person who went on the show to gain acceptance and was most determined to win and you coud see he was upset that he wasnt part of the popular group.

I meant he made himself a target for noms and potential bad feeling by the way he isolated himself in the house because he felt rejected.

I also remember him having strange one on one conversations towards the end of the series with the insiders in what looked like a move to integrate himself in their group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No not joking, I heard him say numerious times in various ways that he wanted be accepted by the other group and hang around more with them.

You could tell he longed to be part of the insiders by the way he stared at them forlornly from the sidelines and would probably have ditched the outsiders to be with who he perceived as the popular group if the oppurtunity had arisen.

Remember this is the person who went on the show to gain acceptance and was most determined to win and you coud see he was upset that he wasnt part of the popular group.

I meant he made himself a target for noms and potential bad feeling by the way he isolated himself in the house.
    Oh dear god. :rolleyes: You are actually reduced to attacking Luke for something that happened entirely in your own mind. Does anyone else (apart from Larry, obviously) think Luke longed to get away from Adam and frolic with Caroline and Conor? Nope?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear god. :rolleyes: You are actually reduced to attacking Luke for something that happened entirely in your own mind. Does anyone else (apart from Larry, obviously) think Luke longed to get away from Adam and frolic with Caroline and Conor? Nope?

His main beef throughout the series was being rejected by the insiders, if it didnt matter to him why was he so bothered about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His main beef throughout the series was being rejected by the insiders, if it didnt matter to him why was he so bothered about it?

Your premise is wrong, so the question makes no sense. 'His main beef' was the unpleasant behaviour of the insiders, especially towards Lauren. That was hardly limited to him. It was observed that at the wrap party the outsiders (and production staff) sat together and the insiders sat together, and the groups did not exchange a word.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Adam was always on quite good terms with everyone, as is his nature, but he was willing to be supportive to Luke A who obviously had some serious issues and needed guidance. If Luke A had been accepted by the insiders as he desired to be, Adam would naturally have continued his friendships with everyone and not have been abandoned in the slightest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your premise is wrong, so the question makes no sense. 'His main beef' was the unpleasant behaviour of the insiders, especially towards Lauren. That was hardly limited to him. It was observed that at the wrap party the outsiders (and production staff) sat together and the insiders sat together, and the groups did not exchange a word.

No the production staff did not sit exclusively with the outsiders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You roll your eyes at me yet you have to resort to use the wrap party as no footage from the house supports your argument.

I'm going on what I saw from the footage and he clearly was gutted about being rejected by the insiders and I think deep down you must know this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    Adam was always on quite good terms with everyone, as is his nature, but he was willing to be supportive to Luke A who obviously had some serious issues and needed guidance. If Luke A had been accepted by the insiders as he desired to be, Adam would naturally have continued his friendships with everyone and not have been abandoned in the slightest.

I concur with this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else (apart from Larry, obviously) think Luke longed to get away from Adam and frolic with Caroline and Conor? Nope?

Nope lol.

I think up to some point he wanted EVERYONE to get on, and for there not to be cliques, then realised that was never going to happen and felt relieved he was on the right side of the divide!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are surely not trying to suggest that Adam was on good terms with Caroline. He loathed her. Luke A did not want to 'be accepted by the insiders': he wanted to spend time with people he liked. Which meant Benedict, Lydia, Becky early on, Lauren, Sara and Deana. It is so insulting to try and suggest that adam was 'willing to be supportive to Luke A' as if their friendship was not warm, genuine and totally equal.
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really relevant but I wish Lydia had stayed longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not really relevant but I wish Lydia had stayed longer.

Me too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are surely not trying to suggest that Adam was on good terms with Caroline. He loathed her. Luke A did not want to 'be accepted by the insiders': he wanted to spend time with people he liked. Which meant Benedict, Lydia, Becky early on, Lauren, Sara and Deana. It is so insulting to try and suggest that adam was 'willing to be supportive to Luke A' as if their friendship was not warm, genuine and totally equal.

Adam did not loathe Caroline, he was very accepting and understanding to everyone bar Arron perhaps. Their friendship was not equal, Luke A was like a limpet with Adam who was very kindly towards someone who has isolated themselves, I think he felt sorry for Luke A who appeaes to have limited people skills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam did not loathe Caroline, he was very accepting and understanding to everyone bar Arron perhaps. Their friendship was not equal, Luke A was like a limpet with Adam who was very kindly towards someone who has isolated themselves, I think he felt sorry for Luke A who appeaes to have limited people skills.

I think that has crossed the line from opinion to really unpleasant and spiteful invention. Adam did loathe Caroline, and has made no secret of the fact. Perhaps you did not see his twitcams after BB. Their friendship was totally equal, and they had great respect for each other. Luke was nothing like 'a limpet' - how rude and spiteful to pretend that Adam did not thoroughly enjoy his company. Do you suppose it was pity that led to Adam having a large tattoo on his back after big brother was over, and not a tribute to a friendship that had meant an awful lot to him? Luke does not have 'limited people skills' - every single person who has met him after BB seems to have said what a lovely person he was in the flesh, and how much they enjoyed meeting him.
  • Options
    Harry BushmayerHarry Bushmayer Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you serious?

Part of the problem that Luke A had with Luke S was that he felt Luke S wasn't giving him enough attention!

He was desperate to be ''accepted'' almost to the point that it became an obsession. That came down his own issues, imo. He was obviously carrying some baggage.