The Voice UK - Ratings Thread

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,972
    Forum Member
    It couldn't keep up it's week on week trend.

Last night's show averaged 7.4 million and peakled with 8.2 million.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    With Timeshift should get above 9 million again and be BBC 1's top rated show
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    The Voice is bbc1's most popular programme at the moment, getting audiences in excess of 13million viewers per week in terms of reach including the bbc3 repeat and iPlayer. It is currently Britains fastest growing talent show, increasing its audience by 2million in the space of 4 weeks and closing the gap on BGT week by week. Its critical reception has hit all time highs in recent weeks, with up to 87% of GfK panel voters saying that they enjoyed a recent episode of the Voice. The show continues to smash the slot average by 100percent, draws in young 18-34 audiences 2.5 times bigger than bbc1's next biggest saturday night show, attracts the biggest social media buzz out of all programs on a saturday night and is one of the most visited programme websites for the bbc at present. There is absolutely no chance of bbc axing it :)
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice is still keeping well above 7 million which is great and the consolidated ratings are persistently high.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    The Voice is still keeping well above 7 million which is great and the consolidated ratings are persistently high.

This is just what I was going to say. Many people are so quick to jump on the Voice is doomed bandwagon which is a shame as its generally improving. There are many reasons why it could of fell the late finish etc. We really need to see a breakdown to see if this was one of the reasons etc.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The Voice is bbc1's most popular programme at the moment, getting audiences in excess of 13million viewers per week in terms of reach including the bbc3 repeat and iPlayer. It is currently Britains fastest growing talent show, increasing its audience by 2million in the space of 4 weeks and closing the gap on BGT week by week. Its critical reception has hit all time highs in recent weeks, with up to 87% of GfK panel voters saying that they enjoyed a recent episode of the Voice. The show continues to smash the slot average by 100percent, draws in young 18-34 audiences 2.5 times bigger than bbc1's next biggest saturday night show, attracts the biggest social media buzz out of all programs on a saturday night and is one of the most visited programme websites for the bbc at present. There is absolutely no chance of bbc axing it :)

I thought you didn't include repeat? :rolleyes::D
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The major test will be tonight. It has little or no competition, is on in an earlier slot. No-one really stood out last night, so maybe we will see a star tonight. Reggie and Holly were really poor as presenters.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on tonight?

I shouldn't fast forward to just hear singers then I'd not miss important stuff like this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been said on another thread that SamuelW works for the BBC, so I guess he should know ... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    It's been said on another thread that SamuelW works for the BBC, so I guess he should know ... :)

It was a sarcastic comment on the Ratings thread not a fact, as you know. :)
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Reggie and Holly are perfectly decent presenters, no worse than people like Dermot OLeary or Tess Daly.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Reggie and Holly are perfectly decent presenters, no worse than people like Dermot OLeary or Tess Daly.

I thought Reggie was better last year, but he was really insipid last night. Holly spent the whole show shouting and sounded like she really needed to cough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    It was a sarcastic comment on the Ratings thread not a fact, as you know. :)

So was mine. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    So was mine. :)

I know that.:) But there are a few people who would like to believe it.
    Forum Member
    Considering the competition is mainly Catchphrase and Off their Rockers (which get 4-5m), it shouldn't be dented much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People might forget it is on tonight. Btw, is it Mother's Day in the UK today, or just in the US?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    People might forget it is on tonight. Btw, is it Mother's Day in the UK today, or just in the US?

Just in the US. I think some people will not realise it's on but perhaps will catch up later.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Just in the US.

I think Reggie and Holly are far better presenters than Dermot O' Leary or anyone of that nature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    ^Just in the US.

I think Reggie and Holly are far better presenters than Dermot O' Leary or anyone of that nature.

Reggie should have let Holly dress him, though. Blazer over a sweater is not a good look. Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »

Yah this is what I am thinking hope am wrong though and it rises slightly as I really enjoyed it last night, and tonight looks even better :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    With Timeshift should get above 9 million again and be BBC 1's top rated show

What does Timshift mean? Sorry I'm new here and don't understand UK ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James31 wrote: »
    What does Timshift mean? Sorry I'm new here and don't understand UK ratings.

This pretty much gives you the overall picture of the ratings for that particular show. And in some case like the Voice time shift can make a big difference. Hope that's helped in some way :)
    Forum Member
    7.05m (30.4%), and a peak of 7.8m. So, down on Saturday but still the highest rating show of the night.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    7.05m (30.4%), and a peak of 7.8m. So, down on Saturday but still the highest rating show of the night.

Against absolutely nothing though.

I imagine a lot of people didn't realise it was on/people don't like it as much once blinds finish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

I'll be interested to see the consolidated ratings next week as I think it will increase by more than a million during the week after some people realise they missed it on Sunday.