Options

Princess Beatrice - embarrassment

Comments

• Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Alberon wrote: »
    I'm very far from being a monarchist, but it does seem to me she's far from being the worst one of that lot.

Agree. She just seems too irrelevant and pointless to warrant the amount of rage she generates. Yes, she's a bit useless, yes, she seems totally directionless, but in the scheme of things, she's so easy to ignore/avoid and pretty low on the 'offensive royal' list.
  • Options
    SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the bug-eyed, ginger cretin. Get a job!
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you not just dislike her for being the lazy, entitled, directionless woman she is without resorting to such nasty personal comments about her looks?

I would usually agree but in her case that gormless face of her's just adds to my dislike of her and I really don't know why that to be. Anyway, I doubt the opinions of us mere mortals on here will faze her one jot.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. She just seems too irrelevant and pointless to warrant the amount of rage she generates. Yes, she's a bit useless, yes, she seems totally directionless, but in the scheme of things, she's so easy to ignore/avoid and pretty low on the 'offensive royal' list.

Not when my money is funding her security.
    When she is here, there and everywhere, her bodyguards are with her and I am paying for that.

If she wants security then she or her parents can bloomin' well pay for it. >:(
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said 'fine' because I really don't know much about him.:blush:

As the Monarch's son though, if I think his siblings merit protection, I cannot pick and choose who gets what.
    Is that better? :p

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you.:)

What's he ever done? I only remember him for being on daft programmes like Its a Knockout or something similar with that pervy paedo Stuart Hall.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't royalty freeloaders by definition? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Prince Edward is "fine":confused::confused: He's a clown prince, a comedy act, a waste of space. Why the hell he needs security and bodyguards to go on a shopping trip is beyond me.

prince Edward got a C and 2 Ds in his A levels and there was great controversy when he then got into Cambridge to study History when they usually ask for straight As. He also joined the Marines but only lasted a couple of months.

he's never had a proper job and I don't think we should be paying for security guards and minders for him every time he goes out.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prince Edward got a C and 2 Ds in his A levels and there was great controversy when he then got into Cambridge to study History when they usually ask for straight As. He also joined the Marines but only lasted a couple of months.

he's never had a proper job and I don't think we should be paying for security guards and minders for him every time he goes out.

But....but.....look at all those orders that he's had bestowed upon him. Are you suggesting that might've been purely because of his mum?! I ardently suggest that Edward is really useful generally.

Yup, been on Wikipedia. ;-)
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Edward was supposed to be the 'brainy' one of his generation too:D Though I always thought Anne has more street smarts.

As far as security goes, its a necessary evil really. Can you imagine what a coup it would be for ISIS/Al Queda to chop the head off one of the Monarch's close relatives? The trouble is none of them are exceptionally skilled and so are very unlikely to ever earn enough off their own merit to afford their own security.
  • Options
    zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    I'm usually quite indifferent to the royals but there is something about this lazy, ugly, gormless looking oath that I really can't stand. She really is a complete waste of oxygen, the same goes for her sponging, greedy parents>:( She also takes a really horrible picture, ugly f....! Gosh I dislike her more than I thought I did:D

She looks and acts thick - she appears to be a very stupid young woman with a strong sense of entitlement. I used to reckon on the royal family at one time but now, bar the Queen and Philip, I think they are a load of spongers who see themselves as victims.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's an abomination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But....but.....look at all those orders that he's had bestowed upon him. Are you suggesting that might've been purely because of his mum?! I ardently suggest that Edward is really useful generally.

Yup, been on Wikipedia. ;-)

Go on the official royal household site. It is so funny .... They're making out he's some sort of wonderful, busy, busy person who is a real asset to the country.:D
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

And yet! and yet! there are people on here who think he's 'fine'!
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member

The Royals only ever seem to do a couple of years at Uni, when everybody else does the three.

Also, it always makes me laugh when people think or imply the royals must be incredibly brainy simply by virtue of ruling the country. There's nothing to suggest they are! In fact, over the years I've generally gained the impression their IQ is probably a bit below the national average, to be honest.
  • Options
    JDBabyJDBaby Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    She reminds me of Lady Tottington from Curse of the Wererabbit....

.....or a startled horse.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Edward was supposed to be the 'brainy' one of his generation too:D Though I always thought Anne has more street smarts.

As far as security goes, its a necessary evil really. Can you imagine what a coup it would be for ISIS/Al Queda to chop the head off one of the Monarch's close relatives? The trouble is none of them are exceptionally skilled and so are very unlikely to ever earn enough off their own merit to afford their own security.
    Going by this thread I doubt many would be bothered and the news/media would have a field day/week over it.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Yep, Prince Edward is the one who makes my blood boil. Leads a great life but has done naff all to earn it. And yet tax payers are funding him!>:( Out of all the Royal family, he, imo, is the most pompous, superior of them all.

Princess B is pretty awful but is it her fault? Mum & Dad have handed everything to her on a plate.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This lazy girl does nothing but go on holiday all the time. She is worse than Coleen Rooney !!!!

And holiday from what, exactly, when she doesn't work? Mucking about on Air Miles Andy's website doesn't actually count as work. It's obvious where she gets her work ethic from eh Andy?!

The Queen needs to sort this out, letting her freeload like this. Given her love of jetting off, why doesn't she do something useful like get out to third world countries and do something decent instead of buggering off to the Bahamas, pi$$ing off to Portugal or frigging off to France all the time?

She is a complete waste of space I think. She has as much point to her as the low lifes on celebrity chav shows.

She is really making me climb my soapbox today.

Colleen pays for her own holidays
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JDBaby wrote: »
    She reminds me of Lady Tottington from Curse of the Wererabbit....

.....or a startled horse.

Yup, both very apt. She really is an unfortunate looking mare.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much love in this thread:D

But I don't know what you expect her to do she is not exactly going to get a job stacking shelves in Asda is she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Airmiles Andy is one of the most atrocious, sleazy, creepy, wastes of oxygen in the entire universe, ditto his ex wife, and by default I'm afraid, his ghastly, over entitled daughters, but in particular, Beatrice. She has exactly the same purpose in life as someone like Paris Hilton; although, to be fair to Hilton, at least she has made her own money and not just lived off her parents.
    Paris Hilton has 'made her own money' in the same sense that Tamara Ecclestone has, ie both of them, bizarrely, have been lavishly rewarded over the years for nothing more than being born fabulously wealthy.
    Not when my money is funding her security.
    When she is here, there and everywhere, her bodyguards are with her and I am paying for that.

If she wants security then she or her parents can bloomin' well pay for it. >:(
    On that, I disagree. Security arrangements are absolutely, 100% in the hands of security organisations (within the police, in consultation), who have to risk-assess each individual and event. I don't suppose she has security as she goes about her day-to-day life. If she has security when she does a public engagement, it is because she has been assessed, rightly, as being at risk.
    Sambda wrote: »
    The Royals only ever seem to do a couple of years at Uni, when everybody else does the three.
    :confused: Who has only done 2 years at university? I thought they had all done 3?

I think Beatrice sounds idle and spoilt at the moment, but this thread is too personal. A lot of wealthy young people ARE idle and spoilt, because they can be. There are thousands of privileged young people doing endless gap yahs or dabbling in a bit of parent-funded arts or media work. It's not very admirable, but there is no point in singling out one for savage criticism, and especially not to make vicious remarks about her looks. She is not publicly funded (though presumably she gets some benefits for the few royal visits she does), she is funded by her parents.

The royal family have not been terribly good at taking on board the idea of work, as something you go to every working day for years; Princess Margaret's son is one of the few, it would seem, who has worked at an actual job all his adult life. Harry did an honorable job for a decade, but who knows what he is planning now. Certainly I would like to see minor princesses like Beatrice and Eugenie doing something worthwhile; but the same is true of any other 'princess' in the same situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you.:)

What's he ever done? I only remember him for being on daft programmes like Its a Knockout or something similar with that pervy paedo Stuart Hall.

No probs. :)

Don't forget he worked for Lord Webber and was party to filming Prince William in St. Andrews when all the other press corps had withdrawn at the request of Prince Charles.

Maybe you were right after all. :D
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand this girl, she knows full well what the public are throwing her way yet continues to stick 2 fingers up. Over privileged brat springs to mind, who genuinely needs that many breaks???

I respect the queen, she's done a great job imo and I think the duke has been a great support whilst she's been fulfilling that role. Anne gains a lot of respect too she contributes a lot and fails to get much acknowledgement for such. Obviously Charles is next in line so warrants protection, as too his sons but other than those mentioned the rest are simply free loaders and need the benefit cord cutting.

I have too say Harry has done a great job recently, it's great to see the man he's developing into, much like his mother. I just hope once he leaves the army all that free time doesn't get him into trouble, or that he rushes into a marriage simply because it's expected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an abomination.

Oi you. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet! and yet! there are people on here who think he's 'fine'!

Please see post 48. :D