Options

Sky broadband down in Yorkshire??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
Forum Member
Our broadband has been off for the last hour and a half.. Rang sky.. They said the whole of yorkshires sky customers have all lost the Internet... Anyone else able to confirm this?

Comments

• Options
    AdambsmithAdambsmith Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Been working here all night (North Yorks)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    in west yorkshire an mine was out last night and still was this morning before I left
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours was down for over an hour last night (West Yorkshire) but it's been fine since then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Mine isn't back on yet but I am hoping that is just cos I have messed about with my router and its not set up properly however I called sky yesterday and they said a mains cable had been taken out and the leeds and bradford area and the areas were being recconected in waves to make sure a repair holds and does not take the whole system out again.

We shall see but thats no MW2 for 2 nights now :(
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno if there's a Yorkshire-specific problem but here in the S.E. a lot of sites seem to be inaccessible and the rest are taking a long time during the "looking up <sitename>.co.uk" stage - DNS fault?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I am having the same problem with a lot of sites being inaccessible. I'm in Manchester.

It seems intermittent, though. Amazon, for example, sometimes works then sometimes doesn't.
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Access to the USA seems to have dropped off sky internet.:(
    Tried to call Sky BB help line - told there was a 30 minute wait to connect to an operator. gave up!
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sky BB is very hit and miss as well, at least i know it isnt just me now :)
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube seems to be going fine for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Sky Unlimited down here in northumberland.

PIA as need it for work.

Fingers out chaps.
  • Options
    donelsondonelson Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    London very bad here.

I am using OpenDNS.com as well...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    ours is back up now, but is VERY slow at times and online gaming is pretty laggy no matter what I play on my ps3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm having problems here in Greater Manchester. Some websites work perfect, some take ages to load and some fail to load.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Mine seems to be working as normal now.
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have Sky Broadband and found the problem was Adobe seem to have stopped supporting the previous flash player - if you update to the latest version and restart your comp it should work :)