Options

The Walking Dead (UK Pace) NO SPOILERS!!!!

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Starts this Friday on FX at 10pm

Thought I'd start this as a companion thread to the US Pace one

Comments

• Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    This sounds like a promising new show. My brother is a huge fan of zombie films, and he's really excited about "The Walking
    Dead".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a promising new show. My brother is a huge fan of zombie films, and he's really excited about "The Walking
    Dead".

I'm mad keen on zombie films as well and if the vids on the official FX site are anything to go be the show will be amazing :

http://fxuk.com/shows/the-walking-dead
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering when someone would the start the UK pace for TWD and here it is! This isn't the kind of show i would usually watch but i'm definetely tuning in!
  • Options
    DarksiderDarksider Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    If the trailers are anything to go by, this show does indeed looks good.
    I've got it all ready to record on my sky planner and in glorious HD too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for this - I read the first issue of the graphic novel and loved it (I don't normally read these either)

I just hope Andrew Lincoln accent aint shoddy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Obseen wrote: »
    Cant wait for this - I read the first issue of the graphic novel and loved it (I don't normally read these either)

It seems okay to me
  • Options
    SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highly reccommend you watch this...very gripping and the zombies are done superbly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait to see this !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Seen it, loved it.
    It has a great movie quality about it, a must see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    Highly reccommend you watch this...very gripping and the zombies are done superbly

It's not surprising that the zombies have been done well as one of the special effects guys Gregory Nicotero did similar work on three of George A Romero's "... Of The Dead" films
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's about time we had a series about zombies, not sure why they've not done it before.
    There's no reason why it shouldn't run and run, assuming the writing and cast are good.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time we had a series about zombies, not sure why they've not done it before.
    There's no reason why it shouldn't run and run, assuming the writing and cast are good.

Don't get too comfortable with the cast. Frank Darabont has mentioned that "no one" is safe - which is fantastic news. It keeps the tension high. If this series lasts a few more seasons, I expect that there will be many cast changes to replace the characters who died. In a show like this, it makes sense.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Don't get too comfortable with the cast. Frank Darabont has mentioned that "no one" is safe - which is fantastic news. It keeps the tension high. If this series lasts a few more seasons, I expect that there will be many cast changes to replace the characters who died. In a show like this, it makes sense.
    Oh I like when they allow cast members to be killed of. Some of the best series have had a major character killed of unexpectedly.

I just hope they replace them with the same standard of actor.

I also hope they don't have cost cutting episodes where they don't have many zombies or killings, but pretend they are doing 'character development'. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Oh I like when they allow cast members to be killed of. Some of the best series have had a major character killed of unexpectedly.

I just hope they replace them with the same standard of actor.

I also hope they don't have cost cutting episodes where they don't have many zombies or killings, but pretend they are doing 'character development'. :)

This is based on the series of comics and like in the comic the point of the series is character exploration in a zombie apocalypse, so Im afraid you will see that the series like the comic will have the zombies in the background. That doen't mean they won't appear, but they aren't the main triggers or protagonists in the story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    It's not surprising that the zombies have been done well as one of the special effects guys Gregory Nicotero did similar work on three of George A Romero's "... Of The Dead" films

I just read that too and that makes me even more excited for the whole thing.

I think I just did a happy wee.
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Mr Obseen wrote: »

As an American, I'd say his accent was just fine (it wavered slightly, but not enough to be annoying). Same goes for Lennie James.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    oooh tommorow night

fx has got some decent programes
    loved true blood too
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I hope this turns up online, seeing as I don't have FX. Really would love to see it.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    I hope this turns up online... Really would love to see it.

The first episode aired in the US on Sunday, so it is on-line now. Go watch it!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    The first episode aired in the US on Sunday, so it is on-line now. Go watch it!:D

I searched for ages to no avail, but then I found a torrent! yay. Don't know why it took me so long to track it down :p

Should be finished downloading soon, really looking forward to it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched the first ep and it was really good. I will probably watch at UK pace now though, but I just couldnt hang on for the first part.

Those of you who are looking forward to it are unlikely to be disappointed! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less than 12 hours to go :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    :D:D

10 hrs now
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886