Options

BB curve, worth it or not?

miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do you all think?
I am getting a contract phone and thinking about getting the BB curve 8520, but I want to be sure before I commit. Does anyone have any advice/comments?
Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    If you don't know already [you'll be amazed how many people don't] it's not 3G and doesn't have GPS.
    If those are important to you, the Curve 3G [9300 series] might be a better choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I have the curve 8520 & I quite like it. It's got a nice feel to it and it's easy to use. If your looking for a phone for business use and stuff like that then the curve 8520 isn't really for you. But if you just want a great phone for casual use and (some) alright games, then I would recommend it.! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't know already [you'll be amazed how many people don't] it's not 3G and doesn't have GPS.
    If those are important to you, the Curve 3G [9300 series] might be a better choice.

Hi, I did know that, but thankyou for letting me know though.
    GPS really doesn't bother me and I don't have 3G on my current phone/provider anyway, so I don't think I would miss that either.

But thankyou for taking the time to reply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luuke wrote: »
    I have the curve 8520 & I quite like it. It's got a nice feel to it and it's easy to use. If your looking for a phone for business use and stuff like that then the curve 8520 isn't really for you. But if you just want a great phone for casual use and (some) alright games, then I would recommend it.! :)

Hi, Thankyou very much, it will be for casual use, so it sounds good for me then.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a great phone, had it before I got the Torch and I was amazed how good it is for the price!
    The internet is still fast, despite not having 3G. :D

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a Blackberry 8520 curve for the last 2 months on contract and It is an excellent phone. I had a couple of problems though. I am also surprised how good the sound is when playing my music on my Blackberry it is really crystal clear.

First was setting up the e-mail, but once it was sorted out the in was working fine without any problems.

The 2nd Problem I had was when I was setting up the wi-fi on the phone and trying to get it to sync up with my wi-fi Router. For some unknown reason my Blackberry wasn't receiving an ip address. The router was a Talk Talk DSL 2780 that I was having problem with. I are now using a Netgear Dg834g and my blackberry is syncing to it everytime now.
  • Options
    John_ElwayJohn_Elway Posts: 5,121
    Forum Member
    Somebody has already mentioned the 9300... have a look as it's the replacement for the 8520 and compatible with the new BB OS which I don't believe the 8520 is (I could be wrong).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    John_Elway wrote: »
    Somebody has already mentioned the 9300... have a look as it's the replacement for the 8520 and compatible with the new BB OS which I don't believe the 8520 is (I could be wrong).

No you're right the 8520 won't be getting the new BB OS6.
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    anyone know when OS6 is gonna be officially available for the 9300 ?