Options

T-Mobile - NOT happy!

astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm a month off the end of an 18 month contract. Two days ago I received a call from t-mobile informing me of this. The guy on the phone said that he could give me a 2 year contrast at £10 per month for 300mins, 300 texts and unlimited internet access as I was an existing customer. I queried the cost of the deal as it sounded a bit cheap to me. He repeated it several times and stated that he'd send me the info through the post. I assumed I'd have to sign something.

Today I received a text message from t-mobile, inviting me to check out my new plan. The plan is listed as 300mins, 300 texts, but no internet access. It also costs £20 per month. This doesn't appear to tally with anything that I was told on the phone. Could it be that the a £10 will be deducted each month as some kind of loyalty bonus? Has anyone else had experience of this with T-Mobile? I'm not too fussed about the internet part, but I don't want to be forced into this if it's £20 a month. That's no better deal than most pay as you go offers.

Comments

• Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I think 300minutes and 300 texts is a little expensive at £10, yet alone £20.
    T-mobile were doing 300minutes and unlimited texts with 1gigabyte of data for £7-50 the other week. Tesco will do 500minutes, unlimited texts and 500megabytes for £10. O2 Pay and Go will do 300minutes and 12,000 texts for £15.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T-mobile have done this to me before. I was with them for 8 years on contract and have finally left them. I haven't been happy with their service for a few years now. I've been with 02 for years and found them to be much better. We had several lines with T-moblie but have now taken our business to O2 and three (other half). I doubt I will be going back to them again.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I signed up for a contract phone a Blackberry 8520 curve and it is costing me £20.00 which is ample for me. When I got my first bill I received T-mobile were charging me £25.00 when I went to my online bill they started to charge me £5.00 for blackberry e-mail. I telephoned them up as the blackberry e-mail is included in the £20.00 cost and it clearly stated this.

Their customer service said that it wasn't included even though it started it on their website. Ended going to their shop and getting it sorted out as they checked on their online site and it clearly stated. He phoned up their telephone customer service and got it sorted out.