Options

BA cancelled all flights from Heathrow Airport

DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been announced on BBC News that BA has cancelled flights taken off from Heathrow. Also Easyjet has also cancelled some of their flights as well.

I am so glad that County Durham hasn't been hit with any snow yet, but was fed up when we got the first lot in November.

Comments

• Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I didn't even know easyJet flew out of LHR.
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...there are a lot of very cross passengers in T5......
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know why BA have cancelled all their flights. Virgin has only cancelled one!

I live right next door to Heathrow and yes, we had snow yesterday but none since yesterday afternoon.

Surely they could have de-iced the runway by now?

Plus, other airlines seem to be able to fly!
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it will make all those happy who have posted on these forums at different times and places that they would long to have snow, now they have it and it has got to affecting them getting around, they see heating bills rocket, they have bumps in their cars, their on-line Christmas presents ordered on-line cannot be delivered, shops run out of stock, they slip over and break bones, their pipes freeze up, etc, etc., they may change their minds.

It looks all very pretty on a Christmas card, but snow and cold weather is no fun to many people particularly the elderly, not the grumpy old fool who lives down the road but you parents and grandparents maybe, especially if you do not live close by and cannot help them.

Lovely to see snow — NOT
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job my wife and daughter flew last Sat. They were originally planning to go today at 11am!
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    its just short haul
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can relate to this. I had a nightmare getting home from Paris last year. My Easyjet flight was cancelled and they said there wouldn't be any flights until the 23rd at the earlier, so I had to pay £300 for a one-way Flybe flight to Exeter, which was then cancelled. I spent the night at CDG and I needed to wait until 9pm until my scheduled flight, which was then delayed for three hours and diverted mid-flight.

Travelling sucks. Travelling at winter double sucks!