• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the sound...aaah cannot wait :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Anyone else slightly nervous about the lead single possibly being called "Applause"?

I just hope she doesn't go down the BTW route and it is actually a dance anthem and not just a "love yourself" track. We shall see.
  • Options
    maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not too worried about the song title, there's been weird titles out in the past, stuff like Judas, Elephant and Earth song being just some :D

However, regarding the theme, I think it looks more like it's a song about loving Gaga than loving ourselves :D
  • Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Anyone else slightly nervous about the lead single possibly being called "Applause"?

I just hope she doesn't go down the BTW route and it is actually a dance anthem and not just a "love yourself" track. We shall see.

When I heard that it could be called Applause, I got a feeling of a Paparazzi type song. A song that parodies celebrity adoration in much the same way that did, I expect this album to be more The Fame than BTW :)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I'm expecting a continuation of Paparazzi theme too. Especially with the link to Pierrot clown on the front cover. The clown image... actually features in that video too. Along with her being in a wheelchair - it would see a logical full circle with a nod to recent traumatic events. I'm now really hoping for a fame rebirth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember if Gaga said it herself but it's widely believed that she is returning to 'The Fame' era (in style and music) but obviously rebooted with a futuristic style response. 'The Fame' album is brilliant (imo), lots of people say it sounds dated but in my honest opinion, can music EVER sound dated? Of course in terms of recording quality it can (like with artists in the 50s/60s etc) but it's all down to taste and how relevant it is to you I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i love The Fame era & The Fame Monster i actually prefer
    Born This Way. Its an incredible artistic album. I loved everything about
    it minus You And I. I just like that not love it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    The "return to The Fame" is just (pretty baseless) fan speculation.

Her look of late (brown hair, natural make up, septum piercing etc.) doesn't indicate it, and neither does the rumoured sound (trap, complextro, house, jpop etc.). She's referencing pop art and Warhol, so there's that, but she seems to be doing it in a different way. Plus, there's no RedOne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due to popular demand, the album will be available to pre-order on the 19th along with the release of the single!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving the promo images we have seen so far. None suggest to me she is going back to The Fame type era.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love new image, reminds me of something Shakespears Sister once did.

I also agree none of these, two, images show a return to The Fame.

I'm already way more interested in ARTPOP than I was BTW. However its now time for depth from Gaga. This is album 4 really. We need some substance over generic. The main issue with BTW for me was the over production. It was all too much noise and very little else.

I just hope she doesn't go too over the top with the headline gabbing this time around. I'm already questioning whether she really did break her hip but who am I to judge. However saying things like that can come to bite you on the ass.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she not working with REDONE??????

Please dont tell me shes working with fernando gariby again, his productions are so messy (born this way the song, was too over the top)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good she isn't working with RedOne. This is now her 3rd/4th album (open to debate depending how you class The Fame Monster) and you don't wanna keep working with the same producers for every album.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're not sure about Garibay - they did some tracks together early on but he hasn't been mentioned for a while.

I'm loving all the looks she's sporting this time around and so nice to finally have an interview from her! It's obvious that a lot of planning and thought has gone into it this time, hopefully not to make the same mistakes that BTW had. So far, they're managing everything perfectly - information, but not too much of it and not over-hyping from it either. Gaga has said barely anything about the record. Bring on the 19th!!
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know who the executive producer is? Born this way was garibay i think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the executive producer is? Born this way was garibay i think

Gaga herself could be. :)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's DJ WHite Shadow
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Applause" to me sounds like a full-on club stomper with clapping breakdowns after each chorus.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two big pieces of Gaga news today:

1) The App will be free, and...

2) The video for Applause will debut the same day as the song itself (19/08) - way to exploit Billboard counting YouTube views Gaga!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still baffles me that people actually pre-order things that are infinite. It's hardly like they're going to sell out on iTunes...

I'm far more excited this time round than I was for Born This Way, I think there's generally a healthier anticipation for ARTPOP rather than over-hyping every word, beat and announcement. I feel, and hope, that she wants to let the music do that talking this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so excited for the 19th.

The Single
    The performance
    The Video!
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Applause will debut at 9.00am UK time - http://playiga.com/top40/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »

Can't wait :D
  • Options
    wilpeepwilpeep Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »

Just in time to start the working day. ;)
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭