Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marthaa wrote: »
    Would be good if Ben read this forum but it is probably beneath him!

That's what I thought too. He would probably dismiss us all as he has done all week with Eli and Jason. (Obviously we are too good for him to appreciate :p).
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck haggis!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, very strange that...a Scots who doesn`t like haggis:D:D I think most of us are of the opinion it`s vile:D:D

Tonights winners....Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay , well done G Boutique:D:D
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I really like haggis :)
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Tommo, I am very interested (or nosey) in how your Scottish trip goes, I bet it will be gorgeous.

I would love a trip up to Edinburgh to do a midnight tour of Mary King Close.
    I promised somebody ages ago that I would post a picture of The Blue Pigeon from TIAB. I am off to have a nose this weekend as it was unfinished the last time I went, so must remind myself to do it.

Hi MrsG. I'll pm you as to what we are going to do in Scotland.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    If that patronising and condescending woman had shushed me, I'd have ripped her throat out with a good lashing of my tongue! Who on earth does she think she is?!:mad:

All I can say to that is that it is a great shame you were not on the show :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't think Jill came across that well tonight. From the very beginning and throughout the whole programme her demeanour was aggressive towards B&T.

B&T had their faults but they weren't arsey-faced and rude like Jill was. She was sitting next to Ben with a face that would curdle cream whenever he / Tom spoke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    One of these weeks they are going to have to change the title to "One in an Ambulance";)
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Hi MrsG. I'll pm you as to what we are going to do in Scotland.

That's very kind of you, thank you so much.x
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    I am still shocked at them calling Jason patronising.

Ben may be a spoiled home counties boy with a dislke of men who are from the Asian region. He seemed to have Jason confused with Ali G

I think anyone NOT wanting a pole based swingers orgy will be giving Taylors Retreat a wide berth

I usually do not really care for accusations or implications of racial prejudice to explain away a dislike but I did wonder that myself.

I could see nothing wrong at all with Jason who seemed a very pleasant, amiable chap who wanted to make everyone's stay in their hotel a happy one and who seemed a very supportive partner to his equally lovely girlfriend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Think Ben was jealous of Jason actually and he had a gorgeous girlfriend too whilst he had to drag along his pet poodle!
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Maybe.
    Anyway, I do know that only one night is going to be more expensive than two nights pro-rata, but I was looking for one night as a direct comparison with the programme.
    Yes, I see what you mean... and I didn't do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marthaa wrote: »
    Think Ben was jealous of Jason actually and he had a gorgeous girlfriend too whilst he had to drag along his pet poodle!

:D I've seen better groomed pet poodles though.

Hope you are reading B & T.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think Jill came across that well tonight. From the very beginning and throughout the whole programme her demeanour was aggressive towards B&T.

B&T had their faults but they weren't arsey-faced and rude like Jill was. She was sitting next to Ben with a face that would curdle cream whenever he / Tom spoke.

That's true actually. She didn't do herself any favours after the week of being so well-liked both on the show and on here.

Shame she didn't come third at least. It would have been fairer. Though I didn't understand the no telephone business and the pickiness towards the two men's place. It did seem to be game playing by paying less.
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased to hear G! won. Missed my fiab fix today. The hotel I'm staying in has no catch up tv...pity I can't knock a few quid off the bill lol. In fact i've found myself searching for faults. No shower, can't turn radiators down, chipped enamel in bath, tiny tea cups & no pot dusty phone...might leave a list :-D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    That's true actually. She didn't do herself any favours after the week of being so well-liked both on the show and on here.

Shame she didn't come third at least. It would have been fairer. Though I didn't understand the no telephone business and the pickiness towards the two men's place. It did seem to be game playing by paying less.

In retrospect, I don't think Jill was that pleasant. She certainly didn't like criticism & she was highly defensive & aggressive on the final program. Ben & Tom saved her by being obnoxious idiots.

Having said that, I must congratulate E&B. They came across as highly professional & very nice people. I'd stay at their place & at The Cleaver.

This show has lost it's original concept. It's meant to be about best value for money but now it seems to be about nicest owners & nicest b&b.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    All week I've been trying to think who Jill reminded me of and it's Madam Cyn the Luncheon Voucher lady.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    All week I've been trying to think who Jill reminded me of and it's Madam Cyn the Luncheon Voucher lady.

Yes! I can see that!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    That's very kind of you, thank you so much.x

It was a pleasure. I've sent you a quick follow up.
    Yes! I can see that!!

Yup! That's it.

So glad Jason & Eli won. They did themselves and their business so much good. Such a young enthusiastic couple, who obviously care about their guests and each other, deserve to succeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, Normandie! Thanks for the compliment.

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, Normandie has posted a comment on FIAB Channel 4 website, saying
    "The 4iaB viewership is quite sophisticated and we can figure out very easily which participants understand the hospitality industry and their market... compared to those who have yet to fully understand (let alone embrace) the basic concept of +service+."

Don't think anyone has ever called me sophisticated before. :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't think anyone has ever called me sophisticated before. :)

Me neither :o

I shall now go and pour myself a cup of tea in a bone china cup instead of the normal mug :p
  • mathsbunnymathsbunny Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any info on next week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither :o

I shall now go and pour myself a cup of tea in a bone china cup instead of the normal mug :p

Won't last. Truth will out. :D My husband would never have a washed mug if I didn't do it so I'm sure you are posher than some.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, Normandie! Thanks for the compliment.
    LOL! :p

I just thought it was a shame that Eli's brother thought Ben's comments were so unjust that he felt he had to defend Jason on the C4 website. So I took the opportunity to point out that viewers generally (not just us) don't take these reality things at face value any more and will be quite capable of accurately judging competitors' behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    My husband would never have a washed mug if I didn't do it so...
    My husband has a brother...? :eek:
    mathsbunny wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on next week?
    I don't think anyone has found the websites yet, Mathsbunny (there's a scary name! :D) but the properties are on the C4 website...

Episode 16, Wizard's Thatch... and onwards.

I'm on snow clearing duty this morning - an unexpected 4 inches of the stuff fell in the night... :cry:
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owllover wrote: »

:D
    Ooohh yess!! - I remember the '80s;)
This discussion has been closed.