• Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    wrong thread ignore me, keep moving
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 37 reviews later and we're looking at a 98 on Metacritic.

I notice some reviewers taking issue at the "misogynistic nature" of the game, along with the extreme violence. I always thought GTA was rife with satire? I can't imagine this game being much different, is it just people getting their knicker in a bunch over nothing?

The Eurogamer comments section on an article based on a torture scene is full people hating on the game and Rockstar. Didn't read the article myself as I don't want to spoil anything.

Also, I'm seeing a few spoilers I noticed, try to keep things a little under wrap at least until tomorrow guys. Some things are nice to find out for ourselves.

I read the article and watched the vid of it.

Wouldn't say it was excessive really as the psycho character carrying out the torture is,well, humorous about it!

Usually hate this type of attention getting in games but this didn't really bother me as its just a bunch of graphics and sound!!!

Can't wait for my shopto order!
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »
    I read the article and watched the vid of it.

Wouldn't say it was excessive really as the psycho character carrying out the torture is,well, humorous about it!

Usually hate this type of attention getting in games but this didn't really bother me as its just a bunch of graphics and sound!!!

Can't wait for my shopto order!

It just struck me, coupled with the complaints in his Eurogamer review that he is trying to spoil the party somewhat. Is there really any need for such a serious article, not least before the game has even released?
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just struck me, coupled with the complaints in his Eurogamer review that he is trying to spoil the party somewhat. Is there really any need for such a serious article, not least before the game has even released?

Even the review on IGN said they were slightly disturbed by it.

Must be proof that video game violence doesn't de-sensitize people!!!!

IMO Eurogamer is looking to generate controversy. No doubt the press will latch onto it too.

Anyone else find it disturbing or mildly amusing? Without giving anything away the end of it was actually quite funny and non-tragic!
  • Options
    crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    When are you all gonna start heading out? Will you be wearing anything special? Maybe a vest or a pair of sunglasses or a Niko style jacket?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marksw76 wrote: »
    I preordered mine from ASDA, they gave me a printed receipt with 'preorder GTA V' on thats all, didnt pay for it or anything

They say they'll keep it for 48hours

But does anyone think I'll still need to go to a midnight launch to make sure I get it??? Has anyone else preordered from ASDA?

I don't think my ASDA is having a midnight launch... but that's probably because of the chaotic re-fit and restricted opening hours :(
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered mine and now my store has midnight opening so I hope I can still get mine in the morning as cba to stay up now
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to pop into town tomorrow to see if it's in stock anywhere.

MIGHT GET IT SECOND HAND FROM GAMESTATION FOR A FIVER HRUURRRRR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hundreds of people outside the Game in York City Centre. Opened early on police advice. Manager panicked and I'm already home and installing my copy! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazybeats wrote: »
    When are you all gonna start heading out? Will you be wearing anything special? Maybe a vest or a pair of sunglasses or a Niko style jacket?

Heading out about 10am, that way i don't spend ages waiting in line only to get home and be so tired after a mission or two that i go to bed and carry on playing in the morning
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hundreds of people outside the Game in York City Centre. Opened early on police advice. Manager panicked and I'm already home and installing my copy! :)

I've seen some of the pics elsewhere of midnight openings all over the place and it looked like something out of a zombie movie, just a sea of people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    North Yorks police:

"Church Street York closed until further notice due to crowd of 500+ people outside GAME store for event. No more allowed in queue"
  • Options
    blackmagicblackmagic Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it's out!
  • Options
    Jack-UKJack-UK Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine pre-ordered from Game, unfortunately I got alot to do tomorrow so may not get much time to play on it, but should get a few hours playing time. I just hope the mail man has no problem making deliveries in Billingham this morning, or else I won't be happy!
  • Options
    anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow some stores on Teesside are reporting via Facebook of selling out all ready.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get go to the midnight launch but pre ordered will they still have my copy waiting for me tomorrow?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    My ASDA was packed, 300+ people, I'm amazed, thought it'd be like 20 people as there is a GAME not far, I bet that was packed!
  • Options
    stej86stej86 Posts: 921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be very surprised if people can find anywhere with any stock left by 10am tomorrow from what im hearing. Pre ordered copies aside the game is selling at speeds like no other in history.

I work for Tesco and by 1am our store alone had sold over 400 copies and its looking like we will be sold out before 3am.

Our manager has been ringing other stores and they are the same. Some apparently have had queues of over 350 people waiting before midnight.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local Tesco petrol garage was doing a midnight release, I was out of the store by 00:03 with my new game. About 14 or so people were waiting. Very happy.
  • Options
    mach2001mach2001 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Thanks to my daughter waking me up with teething I was at tesco at 4:30 and they had plenty of copies left, but I did see three people leave with a copy as I went in so as above don't think they will be there for too long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game in Dundee had what looks like 300-400 people queuing outside mental as they were the dearest shop selling it at £45

http://i42.tinypic.com/sv2bn8.jpg
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £38 instore at Tescos for anyone wondering. In and out job but as far as I could see plenty of stock for both 360/PS3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stej86 wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if people can find anywhere with any stock left by 10am tomorrow from what im hearing. Pre ordered copies aside the game is selling at speeds like no other in history.

I work for Tesco and by 1am our store alone had sold over 400 copies and its looking like we will be sold out before 3am.

Our manager has been ringing other stores and they are the same. Some apparently have had queues of over 350 people waiting before midnight.

I've still got a lot of friends looking to get this today. Going to be tough I'm sure.

If you read this today, could you ask one of your team to stock check the two massive York Tescos (Clifton Moor, Askham Bar) so I can pass it on?

Every little helps! :D
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local tesco has none left for the 360 and about 5 for the PS3.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    42quid in store in Sainsbury's, disappointingly no deal if bought with x amount of shopping or psn/xbl credit. They seemed to have plenty of copies left but I'm in a pretty leafy suburb, I think Game in Norwich city centre may now have sold out, they had 450 people at the midnight launch and people queuing down the street when they opened this morning.