Options

EE: The only way Shirley will realise is.....

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Shirley is so arrogant and cocksure that Dean is innocent; the only way she will realise that Dean is guilty and in fact raped Linda is if Linda's baby turns out to be Dean's.

I can't think of any other way this stupid cow will find out. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Shirley is so arrogant and cocksure that Dean is innocent; the only way she will realise that Dean is guilty and in fact raped Linda is if Linda's baby turns out to be Dean's.

I actually never thought of this, it could end it all hopefully.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean admits they had sex though, so him being the father won't prove anything.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

How will that prove rape? Dean hasn't denied having sex with Linda, just that she didn't consent.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? He could still argue that they had an affair & she got pregnant. The baby's no definitive evidence there's been a rape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I didn't realise he admitted they had sex. In that case maybe not then....

How do you think Shirley will come to realise he raped her then. Dean admitting it? CCTV?? Did his mobile phone make a call we don't know about??? Anything is possible with DTC!?!
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope both Shirley and Buster find out soon. They are both getting irritating now, with the whole trying to make a point about Dean being innocent. Surely Dean has to get his comeuppance soon, even if it's not through prison.
  • Options
    mrsfojmrsfoj Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    May lie with shabnams secret child
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shirley will be sorry
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I didn't realise he admitted they had sex. In that case maybe not then....

How do you think Shirley will come to realise he raped her then. Dean admitting it? CCTV?? Did his mobile phone make a call we don't know about??? Anything is possible with DTC!?!

Me to oh well.

Doesn't he admit to Linda soon?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

That won't prove anything to her, she'll just say that Linda was willing.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Shirley thinks it was consensual so the baby being Dean's would make no difference. I wonder how she does find out, surely she must? I love Shirley and Buster but I hate how tptb won't allow them to find out. It will break Shirley when she does know and she will be sorry to Linda and Mick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me to oh well.

Doesn't he admit to Linda soon?

I think he was just about to the other day and then Mick burst in ^_^

Short of him confessing I don't know what the hell is going to shut that scrag-end up!

Can't wait for her to go begging to Mick and Linda for forgiveness. Drunken old crow!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    How do we think Shirley will find out? Will Dean attack someone else, will he attack his mum? Will Dean admit it to her? Will Shirley suddenly just realise?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    How do we think Shirley will find out? Will Dean attack someone else, will he attack his mum? Will Dean admit it to her? Will Shirley suddenly just realise?

I reckon he will confess and someone will be recording it or something like that but other than that I have no idea....
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dean will get drunk and say what happened and it will be to someone who believes him (maybe Denise, Buster, Kim, Patrick) who will suss that what he says is rape and not consenual. I would imagine the big thing will be he'll say something along the lines of 'she said no, but I know she was just teasing' and that will change the persons mind.

Not sure if this will be to Shirley as a bit more dramatic if she finds out from someone else and confronts him.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an inkling (no idea why) that Buster will be the one to discover the truth and turn on Dean.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Shirley will only believe dean and until he confesses or slips up and hints he raped her - she will always believe dean. She is only hearing what she wants to hear.
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its pretty much confirmed to be another couple but it could be Shirley and Buster win the Lottery and the paper runs a story about their win with a picture of them and Dean and then another girl turns up saying Dean did the same to her
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it could be them. I really don't think it will be Kat and Alfie, I think they're exit will blinked to the son. Now you said about Buster and Shirley, it makes me think it could be them.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you blame her for not wanting to believe the fact her son is a rapist? Most parents would be the same and mums especially don't want to believe their kids are capable of such vile acts. Also people need to remember that just because we know Doenst mean the characters know. In fact Linda and Dean are the only two who really know the truth because they where the ONLY two people there. Everyone else can believe either regardless of whether it's the truth or not.
    Shirley's reaction seems normal to me.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I think Dean will attack someone else - either Stacey or Denise - and this time be caught in the act.

Even if this happened, Shirley would never, ever apologise to Linda. It is just not in her arrogant nature to admit she was ever wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I think Dean will attack someone else - either Stacey or Denise - and this time be caught in the act.

I think it'll be Denise. She shows the same sort of Mothering to Dean that Linda did.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »

Even if this happened, Shirley would never, ever apologise to Linda. It is just not in her arrogant nature to admit she was ever wrong.

BIB That's what I think will happen too. I think there will be a comeuppance and Shirley will tell Dean to leave Walford. Buster will have to be held back when he finds out the truth about pervert Dean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought Shirley already had her doubts about Dean's innocence which is why she was offering him money to leave the square???

Some of those looks she gives is almost as if she knows he's guilty; she's even had a few moments with Linda which see to suggest the same but then all of a sudden she goes steamroller-ing the other way and goes off on some flag waving tribute to Dean's innocence again! Deep down I think she knows but seriously, I cannot wait for this stupid ignorant cow to have the truth shoved in her wrinkly old face!

Anyway...now that he's demanding a DNA test on the baby, it's just a matter of time before the truth comes out...

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/eastenders-spoiler-dean-demands-a-dna-test-on-lindas-baby.php#results
  • Options
    imawotsitimawotsit Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    The only way she'll find out is if he admits. I just replied in another thread saying she's the son she fights for because he has no one and is vilified like she is/was. She pities him and also empathises with him. Mick has his entire family to back him up. It's easy to leave him for Dean because ultimately she knows Dean is more vulnerable. (Yes, I know he's a rapist and whatnot, but she does - she just sees both her sons in more pain than they should be in so she's going for the one who needs his mum the most.)