Revenge US series 2 (possible spoilers in this thread)

bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
Forum Member
So the surprise hit ABC show is back for a second season this month. Anyone excited? I am, I can't wait!

I thought I would make a season 2 thread just I case people get confused following my other thread because I hadn't put a season in the title and its now quite long.

Comments

• bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Anybody got any trailers or anything for it?
  • ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody got any trailers or anything for it?

Here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mR9nZxsXbY

Cant wait :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh looks great! I hope Victoria is still there.....
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really looking forward to this too. I was absolutely glued to the first season. Got my mum addicted too!
    Forum Member

Oooh how exciting! I hope the second season is as good as the first. Season one was amazing. What made it even more amazing was the face it went unnoticed and people didn't buzz about it until it started.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    Ooh looks great! I hope Victoria is still there.....

Heres another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBdzcQJ8kyg&feature=channel&list=UL

If you watch from 0:24 you can see victoria. Does that mean she's still in it? :eek:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Victoria's back. They can't kill her off, she's too important to the show.
    Forum Member
    No way Victoria's going anywhere! Madeleine Stowe is a big name. If she was killed off viewing figures would decline even though it's a great show.

People love uber bitch Victoria. I feel myself cheering her on as well as Emily / Amanda
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe it's only two and half weeks until the new season. Homeland is back on the same night too and Last Resort is starting that week so I'll have a lot to catch up on that week :D

The creator has said that it will be the same as last year where they start with an event (Emily's wedding to an unrevealed person - Daniel or Jack?) and then flashes back to a time before that and episodes work up to the event (much like last seasons shooting). I wonder who the groom will be? I find Jack so boring so I hope it's not him. Ex Hollyoaks and Brookside actor Barry Sloane is joining the cast as an ex of Emily's so maybe the writers are going to turn things completely on it's head and he'll be the groom.

I also wonder what sort of dynamic Emily's mother is going to bring to the show. I wonder will their be a clash between her and Victoria due to Victoria's involvement with David or whether she'll cash with Emily over abandoning her as a child.
    Forum Member
    Am I right in saying the new seasons begins tomorrow night in the US? Roll on Monday if so!!!
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New season starts tonight but there has already been a special episode called The First Chapter recapping the first series, with an extra scene at the end where
    Charlotte is alive and they are at a Memorial to Victoria, and Ashley is with Daniel
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh how exciting! I hope the second season is as good as the first. Season one was amazing. What made it even more amazing was the face it went unnoticed and people didn't buzz about it until it started.

I think it was when it hit E4 that people on this side of the water sat up and took notice of it. Quality show, I've got several people into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I love Revenge. LoI looking forward to seeing how Season 1 ends, but also how it links into season 2 in the series finale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    New season starts tonight but there has already been a special episode called The First Chapter recapping the first series, with an extra scene at the end where
    Charlotte is alive and they are at a Memorial to Victoria, and Ashley is with Daniel
    Victoria can't be dead!!! Although I can't see them having two "return from the dead" storylines in the one season now that they're also bringing back Amanda's "deceased" mother so I really don't know where they're going to go with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! I had doubts because the end of season 1 went quite slow and the storyline seemed to run down but if season 2 keeps up the pace of the premiere then I will be very happy.

I don't like the recast actor playing Takeda, the old one was much better. They should've just given him a new character to play.
    Forum Member
    They didn't go into much detail about what happened to Emily/Amanda's mother, and perhaps David Clarke lied about where her mother had gone to protect her as she was young.

When will they show Season 2 of Revenge on E4 will it be next year? I hope not:(
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

I don't like the recast actor playing Takeda, the old one was much better. They should've just given him a new character to play.

The old actor had other commitments so he was unable to do season 2 Think that Takeda is an important character would be interesting for them to go into detail of how Emily and he know each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FoxyLady85 wrote: »
    The old actor had other commitments so he was unable to do season 2 Think that Takeda is an important character would be interesting for them to go into detail of how Emily and he know each other.

I know why he was recast, I just didn't like the replacement. Thought he was not a great actor at all, which is a huge step down from the last one.

FoxyLady85 wrote: »
    They didn't go into much detail about what happened to Emily/Amanda's mother, and perhaps David Clarke lied about where her mother had gone to protect her as she was young.

When will they show Season 2 of Revenge on E4 will it be next year? I hope not:(

I think they may wait until January to show it in unbroken run like they have with season 1.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic opener! Really breathed new life back into the show after Season 1 got a bit slow.
    So, did Victoria know the plane was going down before boarding, seeing as she's working with the White-haired Man?

Also, I like the hark back to Season 1 with a new mystery death. It's too obvious to be Jack or Declan, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it!!! I missed Emily and Nolan.. they have such great chemistry together!

The next episode looks even more promising..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNNNydB4_I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fab episode, some great twists.
    especially interested that Victoria and the white haired man are working together, when he knows Emily's true identity
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Fab episode, some great twists.
    especially interested that Victoria and the white haired man are working together, when he knows Emily's true identity

God, I completely forgot about him knowing!!
    So the mystery in the flashforward for this season appears to be the identity of the body in Jack's sunken boat. They must have ditched the original idea of beginning with a wedding and then flashing back.

I loved the first episode. Nolan appears to be somewhat sharper now after being something of a light relief at times in season one. Conrad has gone into complete bad b*#stard overdrive. I'm still not that bothered about Jack, Declan and fake Amanda. If they left the show I wouldn't really care. I wonder is Barry Sloane's character (Ethan I think he's called) going to be the father of fake Amanda's baby. What I'm also hoping they will explore is how Ashley came to be Daniel's partner. Towards the end of season one, she appeared to be in league with Conrad so I'm wondering did he manipulate them into a relationship as part of one of his schemes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    God, I completely forgot about him knowing!!
    Towards the end of season one, she appeared to be in league with Conrad so I'm wondering did he manipulate them into a relationship as part of one of his schemes?

If this thread is US pace then do we need all the spoiler tags as those at UK pace are on the other thread,and the thread title says there are spoilers?

Re Ashley and Conrad I think they are sleeping together. When Daniel and Conrad were at the memorial to Victoria on the boat, Daniel said something about Ashley not being stupid enough to cheat on him, and the look from Conrad said it all IMO. Conrad doesn't seem to mind if Daniel and Emily reconcile, he thinks Ash is light relief for Daniel rather than a suitable match, but I agree, it suits Conrads agenda that Ashley can spy on his son....

I think there's definitely been a shift in how Conrad views Charlotte now that he knows she is not his daughter.

Getting bored of false Amanda too.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conrad is one vile man....... the way he is keeping Charlotte imprisoned it seems

Looking forward to how this season unfolds and the twists and turns, and to see Amanda's mum and what happened and why........

I hope its not Jack who is in that water and being shifted out of The Amanda boat..........

I was kinda surprised to see Jack like this, also glad in a way that he is being distant..... rather then playing happy families with Fake Amanda, esp where his feelings are just not there, and his headspace is elsewhere, the only thing he is certain about is that he is in love with Emily, his true Amanda.
    Declan and Jack's roles have shifted to Declan looking out for his big bro

Finally we see Emily say to Jack what we been thinking, is it really his baby.
    Loved the Jack/Emily scenes at the door and then the porch...... the whole scene always shifts above when these two come together

Daniel seems to be elsewhere too, but doing not much about it - sleeping with Ashley and drinking, and showing off his new gf to Emily, but dont worry their sibling Charlotte already told Emily lol - Also seems like Daniel has taken his mum's balcony in a lookout for Emily like Victoria use to do lol

I hope we see more depth to Ashley, there has to be and what exactly has happened between how she was back in season 1 to now
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved every second, so many twists and turns!!