Forum Member
✭✭
Only a teaser trailer but looking forward to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnVn8uepd-s

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they got him back it annoys me when another actor/actress takes the role of a somewhat iconic character.

Can't wait :)
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they got him back it annoys me when another actor/actress takes the role of a somewhat iconic character.

Wasn't it Matt Damon that took the role of Jason Bourne, previously played by Richard Chamberlain?
  • zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The end looks like a Any Which Way But Loose reboot
  • square-rootsquare-root Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    zebedee wrote: »
    The end looks like a Any Which Way But Loose reboot

Where's Clyde?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Clyde?

Where's Nicky? Or Nicolette as she was called in the first film cast list. She's the CIA's "Betty Boop," (it's the lips).

Never fear, if it's Jason, she's always there, she's on the cast list.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    Wasn't it Matt Damon that took the role of Jason Bourne, previously played by Richard Chamberlain?

No idea really, but he made the trilogy his own, it was class.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm worried it's going to be a basic plot void of depth and just another action flick. I hope I'm wrong. The trailer didn't exactly leave me pumped for it.
  • Castle SaburacCastle Saburac Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    It doesn't look too bad. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Scott_SweatScott_Sweat Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    It Will be Blasting Movie I thought. so here I am preparing for Movie day. so that I have bought a Jason Bourne Jacket from Famous-Jackets .co UK
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jeremy Renner didn't take the role of Bourne, though. His character Aaron Cross was a different agent in the same cinematic universe.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah I thought everyone knew that but I guess not!

I'm looking forward to watching this on Wednesday but it's strange time to release it so soon after a big blockbuster like Star Trek by only a few days as you thought the studio would release it at a later time in August to make more money!
    Forum Member
    Just watched Jason Bourne this morning and I enjoyed it as its a good action film but not without its flaws

I am worried that they are stretching the concept especially as it sets it up for possible future films!

An enjoyable blockbuster and it there was about 50 or 60 people of a wide age range in my screening so I'm guessing it will be popular at the UK box office

If you are a Bourne fan you will properly love this!

3.5/5
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No "Pam Landy" in this one?
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,037
    Forum Member
    Is this one watchable if you haven't watched all the other Bourne films? Does it stand up on its own?
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this one watchable if you haven't watched all the other Bourne films? Does it stand up on its own?

Personally, I think you really need to have seen the previous Damon films to understand what is going on. Watching it as a stand alone may leave you a little lost. You don't have to have seen the Jeremy Renner spin off one.
    Forum Member
    Well you would enjoy the action but not have a clue what is said for most the film!
    Forum Member
    It seems that Jason Bourne is estimated to get $50m-$60m at the US box office but still expected to top the box office!
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Well you would enjoy the action but not have a clue what is said for most the film!

Even I felt I should have watched the previous films as I had forgotten some of the details.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even I felt I should have watched the previous films as I had forgotten some of the details.

That should be no problem, they seem to be never off the TV.
    "The Bourne Identity," is on ITV2 tonight.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV2 constantly repeat the Bourne trilogy.
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it last night and really enjoyed it, it was way way better than then Renner spin off. Perhaps it didn't hit the heights of the previous trilogy but that was always going to be difficulty as that trilogy hits heights very few did in the action genre.

It seems to be getting mixed reviews, some really rate it some think it's lacking, the criticisms I have seen is about a lack of dialogue and character development. I think some of these people forget what Bourne films are largely about, Jason Bourne has never been a big talker and the film is largely based on action.

Hope it does well enough and Damon plans to do more.
  • AlabasterCodifyAlabasterCodify Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing this, loved the previous Damon ones and still find myself dipping into them when they're shown every other night on ITV. Surely they've worn the tapes out now?!
  • retrodjretrodj Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Saw this last night. Thoroughly entertaining and a lot better than legacy. Not a patch on the originals but is decent enough to hint at another one.
    I enjoyed it.. However I felt some of it was a bit lazy this time around as if it had been dumbed down so folk that hadn't seen the originals could understand it. The shaky camera work had a purpose to give some suspsense, but was quite hard to keep track of things now and then. Also it was a bit cringe worthy when they were tracking 'the asset' on their screens.. as if that would ever happen.. Bourne wasn't as hidden either as he just rolled in and out of stations and airports. Before he would have planned how he was getting to places without being spotted.

I'm currently reading my way through the Bourne novels and they are a lot better than the films... The films are really just very loosely based on books with the second film only sharing the name of book. Plot wise it's completely different.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    The name's Bourne. Jason Bourne. Noughties dashing anti-hero returns with mixed results. It's entertaining enough, yet despite efforts to contemporise (riots, Snowden) this is a franchise entry that exists purely for its limited conventions. The action sequences rattle along in fine style (of course), but there's not much else to justify its being all told. 6/10