Changes at Bauer

Comments

• thetman1701thetman1701 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Just on the 11 O'clock news on Clyde 1, starting at 8pm tonight
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,062
    Forum Member
    I know this is a random question. Could someone explain why Kiss is on the Cornwall mux?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not been a lot of notice for Clyde rocks and Fraser Thomson the ex xfm DJ is doing Drive on Clyde rocks was covering Drive on West fm on Monday and Im sure he was meant to be doing it all week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May Day Bank Holiday schedules look to be

Bauer City 1 Scotland

6am John Milne
    10am Stuart Webster
    2pm Local Shows
    6pm Knoxy

Bauer City 1 England

6am Connor Philips
    10am Simon Morykin
    2pm Local
    6pm Michael Blades

Seems that they are doing another top 10 @ 10 day on the city 1 stations on Monday

Bauer City 2 Scotland

6am Duncan Leven
    10am Alan Edwards Guilty Pleasures ( seems to be a request show)
    2pm Paul Carlin
    6pm Steve Jordan

Bauer City 2 England This schedule isnt up yet on all the websites yet but Radio City 2 in Liverpool had this schedule

6am Sean Goldsmith
    10am Claire Sweeney (This could be a local show for Liverpool)
    2pm Paul Hayes
    6pm Steve Jordan
  • Scotty_BScotty_B Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh joy top 10 at 10 day so it's neither 10 nor at 10. What a branding mess. Just like whoever was covering drive on city 2 the other day thinking he was on city talk.

With Juice FM gone i really want to like city but they have wasted a golden opportunity to be Liverpools number 1 station and it just aounds like a dogs dinner with poor jocks with bad accents and zero brand identity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty_B wrote: »
    Oh joy top 10 at 10 day so it's neither 10 nor at 10. What a branding mess. Just like whoever was covering drive on city 2 the other day thinking he was on city talk.

With Juice FM gone i really want to like city but they have wasted a golden opportunity to be Liverpools number 1 station and it just aounds like a dogs dinner with poor jocks with bad accents and zero brand identity.
    Hang on its always 10 songs in a hour on top 10@10 day. It would be better if it had a more neutral name without a time in the name.

That was Adam Catterall who said City Talk he is usually on that station.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the occasional top 10 at 10 anthem they play. They need to get someone in with half a brain to sort out the mess that's been made.
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote:

Bauer City 2 Scotland

6am Duncan Leven
    10am Alan Edwards Guilty Pleasures ( seems to be a request show)
    2pm Paul Carlin
    6pm Steve Jordan

Alan said on the breakfast show this morning Bob Malcolm will be covering breakfast on Monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan said on the breakfast show this morning Bob Malcolm will be covering breakfast on Monday.

Great stuff that will be a good listen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Bauer City 2 England This schedule isnt up yet on all the websites yet but Radio City 2 in Liverpool had this schedule

6am Sean Goldsmith
    10am Claire Sweeney (This could be a local show for Liverpool)
    2pm Paul Hayes
    6pm Steve Jordan

The schedule is now up for the City 2 stations in England

Bauer City 2 England

6am Sean Goldsmith
    10am Andy Crane's Guilty Pleasures
    2pm Paul Hayes
    6pm Steve Jordan

Radio City 2 as above except

10am - 2pm Claire Sweeney

Also Westsound Dumfries has

6am Bob Malcolm
    10am Alan Edwards Guilty Pleasures
    2pm Kenny Campbell
    6pm Steve Jordan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont know if this is widely know but Nick Wright and Ray Rose are now on an online station

http://justgreatsongs.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy MacDonald is covering for Cat Harvey next week on Ewan and Cat on the City 1 stations in Scotland. She is usually a good laugh
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy MacDonald is covering for Cat Harvey next week on Ewan and Cat on the City 1 stations in Scotland. She is usually a good laugh

Fascinating.

Hope she doesn't sing on air. That DOES make me laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Fascinating.

Hope she doesn't sing on air. That DOES make me laugh.

Thats not nice Radiogram she is a good singer and has been very successful.

Ewen asked her for an exclusive but she doesnt have anything ready
  • d3mond3mon Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised stv viewer didn't pickup that Clyde 1 have opted out of the usual BC1 evening show this evening for "Sessions" with Duncan Leven - one of the programs from Clyde Rocks. A welcome change from the regular playlist…
  • Sophie_GreeneSophie_Greene Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't encourage him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d3mon wrote: »
    Surprised stv viewer didn't pickup that Clyde 1 have opted out of the usual BC1 evening show this evening for "Sessions" with Duncan Leven - one of the programs from Clyde Rocks. A welcome change from the regular playlist…

Looks like it was a one off for the bank holiday weekend. Also on the topic of Clyde 1 next week they have an extra Superscoreboard on Sunday from 12-4 along with the Saturday show from 2-6.

The people of Dundee must be a little confused as all the DJ's are on air but are in different slots.

John Milne was on Network breakfast but is usual Tay Drive host, Webster who is Tay Breakfast DJ is on 10-2 across Scotland while Lynne Hoggan who is usually on 10-2 is doing the Tay home run which is the local slot from 2-6.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it was a one off for the bank holiday weekend. Also on the topic of Clyde 1 next week they have an extra Superscoreboard on Sunday from 12-4 along with the Saturday show from 2-6.

The people of Dundee must be a little confused as all the DJ's are on air but are in different slots.

John Milne was on Network breakfast but is usual Tay Drive host, Webster who is Tay Breakfast DJ is on 10-2 across Scotland while Lynne Hoggan who is usually on 10-2 is doing the Tay home run which is the local slot from 2-6.

Thank god you are here to keep us all right.
  • GzSmithGzSmith Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    The people of Dundee couldn't care less.

Radio is wallpaper. As long as the 'choonz' are being banged out, they won't care.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    GzSmith wrote: »
    The people of Dundee couldn't care less.

Radio is wallpaper. As long as the 'choonz' are being banged out, they won't care.

The people of Dundee have bigger problems to worry about. They live in Dundee for a start.
  • R300R300 Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if this is widely know but Nick Wright and Ray Rose are now on an online station

http://justgreatsongs.com/

I listen to Just Great Songs most days, Nick still does his old Magic 'golden years' at 10am most weekdays. Ray is still showing his knowledge about music and things in general in the evenings. Other ex Magic presenters are also on during the day.

Good luck to Nick Wright who seems to have put all this together (I may be wrong but it's just the feeling I get), it's a pity Magic was scrapped for the farce that is now in its place on AM/DAB in northern England.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty_B wrote: »

Bank Holidays.
    On some threads everyone moans it is same old TV.
    Radio station tries to offer a simple change, on a regular feature and we moan about the name.
    Was (un)lucky to be working Monday. Our bland FM at 2pm was playing the usual songs over and over. Then at 6pm it was Disco feel good stuff (which I cannot stand) thank goodness the department manager football nut had a DAB to drown out the same old songs FM.
    Done right I assume a 10@10 sounds like a countdown type show, meaning unless you skip songs outside station comfort zone your going to play different songs to the norm. The name may stick but it's the music that matters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bank Holidays.
    On some threads everyone moans it is same old TV.
    Radio station tries to offer a simple change, on a regular feature and we moan about the name.
    Was (un)lucky to be working Monday. Our bland FM at 2pm was playing the usual songs over and over. Then at 6pm it was Disco feel good stuff (which I cannot stand) thank goodness the department manager football nut had a DAB to drown out the same old songs FM.
    Done right I assume a 10@10 sounds like a countdown type show, meaning unless you skip songs outside station comfort zone your going to play different songs to the norm. The name may stick but it's the music that matters.
    The top 10@10 is 10 songs from one year with clues given e.g tv shows and movies released in that year and listeners are encouraged to phone in and text in there guesses.

Some of the songs are played normally as top 10@10 anthems and some of them are different
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had Clyde 1 on a lot the last few days and they are running a big competition called Bowie's Whats that noise but it seems that it is going around the stations as Forth and Radio City have all ran the competition over the last few weeks or so.

Will Bauer continue to put this out on all there city 1 stations
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I moan simply because it sounds like a complete bag of crap, Sadly Bauer and EMAP before them have completely destroyed a once great Radio City, alas until recently I wasn't all that bothered as I simply stopped listening and moved to Real, cue Global destroying that by turning it into the crap that is Heart. Mo matter I simply retuned to Juice FM only for the suits at Global to strike again.

So it's effectively City or City 2 I am left with now and cannot beleive how much of a missed opportunity Bauer have made by not capitalising on Juices demise, Citys figures are certain to continue to drop with it's bland lack of identity. Ironically City 2 has a much greater ID with it's sung jingles referencing the station name and Rossie at breakfast is a much greater personality than the dross on City. I don't think it will be long before City 2 eclipses City in RAJAR.

All the talk of Bauer being interested in Free Radio, I feel sorry for the people in the midlands, from what I hear of Free when driving through, it's output is way ahead of anything that goes out on the City 1 network.