Opinion Polls Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    The last debate was a shambles and very bad for Miliband - people could see that Sturgeon would dominate him and any sort of coalition of loose arrangement.

Farage has not suffered neither has Sturgeon.

Moral: Avoid TV debates.

And yet it was Ed who won in the polls for who performed best...
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another two polls expected tonight
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    The last debate was a shambles and very bad for Miliband - people could see that Sturgeon would dominate him and any sort of coalition or loose arrangement.

Farage has not suffered neither has Sturgeon.

Moral: Avoid TV debates.

As I said the poll was half done before the debates and half after. Yougov one later will be first post-debate poll proper.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yet it was Ed who won in the polls for who performed best...

What did he win? They asked a thousand people who went to the debate. Not exactly a national picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did he win? They asked a thousand people who went to the debate. Not exactly a national picture.

think it was only Labour loving Mirror that gave it to him
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »

The Mirror commissioned the poll of a thousand people.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    There is one certainty this time, the two party system is finished and the days of one of the two main parties getting a big majority are over. I think with the Lib Dems, the nationalists, UKIP and the Greens all taking support from the two main parties, we'll probably have coalition governments for a long time to come.
    Don't kid yourself Glenn, as much as I'd like to see this Tory / Labour stranglehold smashed open I think you are wide of the mark at this stage. Within just the past 18 years we have had a government elected with the biggest parliamentary majority since the war and well before, not once but twice, 179 in 1997 and 167 in 2001 for Blair's Labour, not forgetting a very decent 66 in just 2005. So it is idiocy to say the era of large majority government is over.

Only in 1992 when Labour lost the 4th straight election to unfancied Major and left the party utterly demoralised it was being widely said that Labour could never win an election again in Britain. Well how massively wrong was that assertion.

With a more substantial leader the past 5 years I think Labour would now be looking at an overall win in the election rather than a hung parliament and at best being the largest party or a minority government.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »

What an idiotic comment, Survation did the poll on behalf of The Mirror. I assume you think that all the Mail, Express, Telegraph and The Sun polls are also invalid when they indicate a Tory lead?
    Forum Member
    @NCPoliticsUK: Apparently no ComRes online poll tonight... YouGov/Times in a couple of hours #ge2015
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting Opiniuim poll that - so far we've had 1% Labour and Tory leads respectively from Populus and Survation, two consecutive ties from YouGov, and now a 4% Tory lead. It'll be interesting to see whether this reflect a shift in the polls towards the Tories, with YouGov (and perhaps ComRes whenever it's published) or is something of an outlier.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest Opinium poll (16 - 17 Apr):
    CON - 36% (-)
    LAB - 32% (-2)
    UKIP - 13% (+2)
    LDEM - 8% (+1)
    GRN - 5% (-1)

Sorry didn't realise its been posted already.
    x
    Forum Member
    Opinium/Observer has been pretty consistently poor for Labour.
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    I think the effect of name recognition gets lost in polls like this one. If you give a list of parties and ask who you are voting for you get one answer. If you actually mention the candidates by name. people recognise Swinson's name and you get a different result. I still think she may lose but I think it could be close.

I thought she was the most impressive panellist on Question Time this week . Did not see it all though .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So back to square one as you gov have labour 3% ahead on 36
    Forum Member
    YouGov/Times Poll:

Lab 36%
    Con 33%
    Ukip 13%
    Lib Dem 8%
    Green 5%

Panic over everyone!
    Forum Member
    And with gains and losses: LAB - 36% (+2) CON - 33% (-1) UKIP - 13% (-1) LDEM - 9% (-1) GRN - 5% (-)
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So back to even stevens again.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    YouGov:

Lab 36%
    Con 33%
    Ukip 13%
    Lib Dem 8%
    Green 5%

Panic over everyone!
    Have labour gained or dropped any % points and have the Conservatives gained or dropped any or have both party's stayed the same with % points?
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....so it's still a stalemate, then!
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    I've followed this thread for about a month now and nothing has barely changed.

Can't see it changing much up to the day either.
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    Have labour gained or dropped any % points and have the Conservatives gained or dropped any or have both party's stayed the same with % points?
    Ian.

LAB - 36% (+2) CON - 33% (-1) UKIP - 13% (-1) LDEM - 9% (-1) GRN - 5% (-)
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    LAB - 36% (+2) CON - 33% (-1) UKIP - 13% (-1) LDEM - 9% (-1) GRN - 5% (-)
    Thanks!!:)
    Ian.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    On the whole Labour and the Tories don't seem to have changed much at all polling wise since the election started. If there is to be any late surge, it will certainly be late!
  • Chirpy_ChickenChirpy_Chicken Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    give with one hand take with the other lol
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    I've followed this thread for about a month now and nothing has barely changed.

Can't see it changing much up to the day either.

Oh this thread changes constantly when one sides polls well, the supporters say it means something make a big political point about why it happened, and the other side says it's probably just polling error, and vice verse if the poll goes the other way.

TBH, I'm in the too close to call camp now, and just can't take any on-off poll seriously.
This discussion has been closed.