Options

Hannah Waterman Had Been Cheating

Comments

• Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    We've just heard HIS side of the story!!!

As Dr Phil always says - no matter how thin a pancake is, it always has two sides.

No doubt we will be hearing her side of the break-up any minute now, and then we can judge for ourselves.

I am not making any judgements at the moment.

Me neither , I am ashamed to admit that I did the same as Hannah eight years ago after I had lost loads of weight. :o I have recently been horribly dumped by the man I left my ex husband for and my ex husband has remarried, had two more children and is very happy so maybe karma will catch up with her one day like it did with me :( On the plus side I never put the weight back on but I did it through exercise!!
  • Options
    UnitybelleUnitybelle Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of man is it that sells his story to the papers & condemns his wife after only one week apart?? I think you'll find Ricky aint the saint he wants to portray himself as & Hannah is not the devil.

They are just two normal people who have been together many years, whose relationship has run its course.

Neither Hannah or Ricky deserve condemnation.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosaliee wrote: »

My heart goes out to the guy if the interview is entirely true.

Which it almost certainly isnt lol.
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unitybelle wrote: »
    What kind of man is it that sells his story to the papers & condemns his wife after only one week apart?? I think you'll find Ricky aint the saint he wants to portray himself as & Hannah is not the devil.

They are just two normal people who have been together many years, whose relationship has run its course.

One whom is upset and wants to vent the fact that he is getting paid for it is probably an added incentive.

He came across as a decent guy on SCD and the way he talked about her there would indicate he geuninely cared about her and the people on the forums there have commented on this that it was strange she never came to support him on SCD when Mrs Ramps was there to support him even after relevations in the papers about him having an affair.

There are two sides to every story but so far Hannah's not coming out of this well.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looked fine in the bottom image in the first link. This is why women probably think they look great for when losing a LOT of weight drastically ..... because their friends praise them on how they 'apparently' look great. I love how Ricky was supposed to have said that he told her friends that she looked ill and that she didn't look fantastic at all. No doubt she still thinks she looks great.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    she seems very unsympathetic, very cold...can't wait to see her on Angela & Friends on thursday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand :confused:

I meant that she is absolutely hideous and how anyone could get close enough to have an affair with her is beyond me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she is a real **** ash Lil:eek:

Sure is :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    yep - it's in the genes.

I really feel for her husband, he really seems like a decent fella, I hope he meets someone worthy eventually.

She came across appallingly on Celebrity Come Dine With Me.
    No, she didn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    it sounds like she wasnt content and happy in the relationship for a long time before the weight loss, and that the weight loss probably gave her the confidence to do something about it (i dont condone the cheating tho).

Ricky is obviously distraught and lost and angry all at the same time because he clearly still loves her and feels empty without her, it seems like doing the story was probably an act of desperation on his part. i can understand that but i wouldnt be airing my personal problems like that, especially in as much depth as the point when they stopped sleeping together etc. too much info.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Unitybelle wrote: »

I agree that there is probably a lot more to it than Ricky has revealed in his interview. I think that what he has revealed is the shorterned version of events.

However I do not blame him for selling his story to the papers. He has probably done it so that he does not have to talk about it anymore now as his side is out there. The money probably came into it.

I do think though that Hannah will not come out of this very well. There is no reason for her to have had an affair. Why did she not finish her relationship with Ricky first? I feel that it was probably that she wanted to keep Ricky there by her side adoring her just until she found somebody else.

I believe also like other people that she will pile the weight back on. Maybe one day she will regret not necessarily splitting up with Ricky but the way that she went about it.

For her not to have recorded a good luck message for Ricky without being paid is unbelievable.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    No, she didn't.

She certainly didn't come across well. Bad bunch, Sherrie Hewson was a nightmare too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    yep - it's in the genes.

I really feel for her husband, he really seems like a decent fella, I hope he meets someone worthy eventually.

She came across appallingly on Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

Well I saw the programme and I thought she had a good sense of humour and a real down to earth attitude.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will come crashing back down to earth when she puts all the weight back on, shes dumped and she realises how good she really had it with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susan24 wrote: »
    Of course she has. Like father, like daughter. She is a Waterman afterall.

Can't wait for her to pile on all the weight and fall flat on her face.

Well I hope she doesn't. I hope she stays nice n slim and proves all her detractors wrong.

As for 'cheating' on Ricky, he said that she'd found someone else. It doesn't automatically mean she'd been sleeping with him. Sadly, marriages breakdown and people do find other partners.

I'm surprised Ricky's sold his story to a 'newspaper.' Famous people (not including desperate z listers) don't usually do kiss and tells.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexy_86 wrote: »
    There goes her DVD sales.....mind you would have ended up in a bargain bin anyway :D

I very much doubt it, the DVD is a huge hit, it's flying off the shelves and I can see why looking at her body.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Wow, talk about judgemental.

Whilst I absolutely think that adultery is a terrible choice, if that's what she did, I do feel sorry for any female celebrity who dumps a 'nice' partner; they get an absolute hammering from the press and public.

Firstly, a point about dumping him on Christmas Day.. from reading the article, the marriage was in deep crisis, he approached HER on Christmas Day and asked them to give it a chance. What was she supposed to do, lie? Because it was Christmas Day? What nonsense. No, it's not ideal timing but then this wasn't an ideal situation, and it sounds like there was no more pretending.

Secondly, she wasn't in love with him anymore. That doesn't make her a cold bitch, it makes her a human being. It's wretched and confusing to feel trapped with someone who you know cares for you but who you simply don't have feelings for.

I'm seeing someone trapped in a loveless marriage, with a boring, narrow lifestyle, thinking "is this it? is this my life?" who gets a glimpse of the promised land, starts to feel a bit more self-love and thinks "you know what, I can't stand it any more.... we both deserve better than this".

Ricky has dealt her the lowest blow by selling his story to the press. I understand he feels humiliated and heartbroken but this shows a total lack of respect for himself as well as for her.

Reading his story, I felt sorry for both of them. But mostly I hope they both quietly get on with their lives cos the whole thing is a bit tedious: her weight loss, their break-up, his 'sorrow', the media's bizarre level of interest. I fear she's the new Natalie Cassidy though and we'll get endless stories tracking her weight gain and love life.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky is a bitter man but it's hardly surprising really is it? She's broken up a ten year relationship, is queening it around loving the attention and stating that the weight loss had nothing to do with their break up and that no one else was involved! Maybe that's the way she sees it but she's deluding herself and if Ricky is to be believed she's blatantly lying about not having someone else. OK she might not have someone else NOW but it looks like she did when her and Ricky were still living together.

A marriage breakup can quite often be messy and, after thinking about it a bit, maybe she didn't mean to hurt Ricky as much as she did and just didn't know how to break up with him without devastating him? She will also have been aware how hard he was trying in Strictly so didn't want to break up with him while he was concentrating on that? Having said that she still had a couple of weeks after he was knocked out of the competition to give him the bad news, why pick Christmas Day to tell someone you don't love them anymore? Just cruel IMO.

As much as I try I can't find excuses for her behaviour on Christmas Day. NYE I can understand a bit more because basically Ricky forced her into a corner and she would either have had to lie or tell the truth. At least she told the truth I suppose. He's not daft he knew something was wrong and in essence HE chose the time he confronted her. But IMO she still should have come clean herself long before this - but none of us is perfect and maybe put off things we don't like/don't want to do.

I still find it totally unforgiveable that she didn't film a good luck message for him on Strictly though because she wasn't getting paid. Imagine how bad he'd have felt when he heard that! I wonder who told him? I did notice a change in him from the start of the show when he had a great sense of humour and sent himself up no end to near the end, when I actually commented to my family (and I think posted in the SCD forum) that he seemed to have lost his sense of humour and didn't look happy. No wonder when he had all this going on in the background!!

No doubt we'll be getting Hannah's side very soon in the papers or some magazine :D I bet her PR people are negotiating deals as I write this!
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is NEVER a good time, or way, to split up with someone you just don't love anymore. At least he can move on now and find someone else.

I mean was she suppose to act her way through the next 40 years? Love does hurt and I think we have all been there at some time.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoty wrote: »
    There is NEVER a good time, or way, to split up with someone you just don't love anymore. At least he can move on now and find someone else.

I mean was she suppose to act her way through the next 40 years? Love does hurt and I think we have all been there at some time.

I disagree. If she knew she didn't love him, better to tell him sooner rather than later. It doesn't sound like she suddenly decided on Christmas Day that she didn't love him, nor did she need to choose 10pm on NYE that she was cheating on him.

I know there are two sides to every story and it's rarely black and white, but with most breakups there is one person who acts inappropriately (eg Katie and Peter...Darren Day and Suzanne Shaw, leaving her and their son on Mother's Day) and in this case it does look like Hannah.

I watched the ep of Come Dine with Me and she came over as a brash, rather loud type who was well aware of her new body and seemed to have had a personality transplant from her early days (I remember her being a lot more humble in EE-era interviews). Whereas Ricky has always appeared to be a kind and caring man with lots of supporters.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bah she sure wanted to wreck the holiday season for him dident she. Hope same happens to her one day.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Sometimes the holiday season is last straw when you are in an unhappy relationship- you are constantly being bombarded with happy family images in the media.....
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really dislike her alot
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    oh wow - some of you re him selling his story.

why shouldn't he?
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wouldnt be the first one to make a mistake and think the grass is greener. I'd like to fast forward to a few years time and see if she is as happy about her decision as she seems to be now.

I have done something similar and have regretted it. I know others who have had a boost to their confidence and gone on to dump partners - not realising that it has been the partner who has made them feel secure and able to think about achieving more in their life.