TV Adverts at Christmas.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I remember as a kid and in recent years that i the run up to Christmas, almost every advert seemed to be advertising kids toys.

This festive season, I have not seen even one advert for toys but lots and lots advertising perfume.

I wonder why?

Comments

• duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there regulations about Toy adverts brought in a few years back?
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are all on the children's channels like cartoon network,boomerang etc, they are loaded with them!
    Argos have been quite clever every second or third advert it comes up with the slogan 'Argos it it!' with the page number.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your perspective has changed. Kids don't watch what you watch.

The ads are specifically targetting you. So if you're seeing mostly perfume ads then you must be female and a bit smelly.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they mainly target kids tv now.
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thing is there are channels dedicated to kids these days almost 24/7, Its not like in our day when we had 2 hrs on the bbc1 and ITV after school
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or another.....alcohol

unlike this advert from 1984...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BkDN3hXOrE

No way would you see an advert on TV like that nowadays in the era on the war on "cheap booze".
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starman700 wrote: »
    I think they mainly target kids tv now.

Yep - you only need to watch Boomerang or Nickelodeon - every ad break is wholly for kids toys
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ponglie wrote: »
    I remember as a kid and in recent years that i the run up to Christmas, almost every advert seemed to be advertising kids toys.

This festive season, I have not seen even one advert for toys but lots and lots advertising perfume.

I wonder why?
    In my case it's because I own a Sky PVR. Haven't seen more than a few seconds of any TV advert for several years now. ;)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas adverts, in my opinion, make it all the more Christmassy ..... especially when they have the Christmas music on.