Options

Eastenders at New Year - Spoilers

SausageSurpriseSausageSurprise Posts: 141
Forum Member
Is anyone else dreading it. I am.

The baby swap is going to be hard to watch especially for me considering my niece died from SIDS which is what Eastenders will be showing and then a baby being kidnapped and a woman thinking her baby is dead.

Also Christian will kiss someone else and probobaly break up with Syed. I love this Christian & Syed storyline or Chyed as it's known on here but why can't the producer, writers etc just leave them happy.

I do love Eastenders infact it's my favourite show but they are going way too far with the baby swap storyline as entertainment and I doubt I'll be watching.

P.S. Does anyone know how to make spoilers like how do you get the grey text to appear? Thanks. :)

Comments

• Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the babies were swapped in the hospital just after birth. But after seeing the advert Ronnie's baby dies at home. Surely any mother would know that's not their baby when it's swapped.

I heard Kat says it's not her baby but one looks at Ronnie going around with her baby and she would know he's hers.
  • Options
    You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    marieukxx wrote: »
    I thought the babies were swapped in the hospital just after birth. But after seeing the advert Ronnie's baby dies at home. Surely any mother would know that's not their baby when it's swapped.

I heard Kat says it's not her baby but one looks at Ronnie going around with her baby and she would know he's hers.

Has there been an advert for New Years EastEnders?
  • Options
    tweeeed_xtweeeed_x Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah, i caught it yesterday.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member

It's been said from the get go that it happens at home.
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    P.S. Does anyone know how to make spoilers like how do you get the grey text to appear? Thanks. :)

To the left just above your smilies is a grey 'S' - click on it and type in your spoiler.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else dreading it. I am.

The baby swap is going to be hard to watch especially for me considering my niece died from SIDS which is what Eastenders will be showing and then a baby being kidnapped and a woman thinking her baby is dead.

Also Christian will kiss someone else and probobaly break up with Syed. I love this Christian & Syed storyline or Chyed as it's known on here but why can't the producer, writers etc just leave them happy.

I do love Eastenders infact it's my favourite show but they are going way too far with the baby swap storyline as entertainment and I doubt I'll be watching.

He kisses the bagpipe player. They don't break up. Syed hires a kilt and says something like if you wanted a man in a skirt you shoulda said. They also look after baby Amy and Christian wants to adopt, Syed's not so sure.

And to do spoilers you press the little grey S on the toolbar. beside the php thingy.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    It's been said from the get go that it happens at home.

Ronnie goes to get help in the vic, and hears Kat's baby crying..Is'nt then she goes upstairs and swaps the babies ?
  • Options
    You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    tweeeed_x wrote: »
    yeah, i caught it yesterday.

Awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I catch it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kat heamorages so she doesn't get out of hospital and doesn't really see the baby before hand. Charlie's looking after him when they're swapped and I assume he's too horrified by the death to notice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Kat heamorages so she doesn't get out of hospital and doesn't really see the baby before hand. Charlie's looking after him when they're swapped and I assume he's too horrified by the death to notice.

I think i read that some scenes have been edited...Too sensitive for viewers
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait. Most exciting thing to happen in Eastenders since the Live episode.
  • Options
    Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    I can't wait. Most exciting thing to happen in Eastenders since the Live episode.
    Agree. My nephew also died of SIDS and I'm not offended in anyway by any aspect of the plot. Soaps show cancer, rape amongst other things on rotation. If you take offence at fiction then you need to learn to disconnect.

I'm more interested in the effect of finding her son dead has on Ronnie's mental health. Which is the base of the plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I think i read that some scenes have been edited...Too sensitive for viewers

Yeah, I think you were gonna see
    Kat drenched in blood but now we'll just be told or something. Also I think a big thing about this is that by the sounds of it, its going to be something that Ronnie regrets immediatly. She does it, gets home and realises how awful her actions are but can't get back in time before the baby is found. She then can't bond with the baby that is not her son and Jack&Roxy assume it is because of Danielle's death and she is scared to get attached. I think because Sam is such an amazing actress, Ronnie will not seem like the villian she is coming across as on paper.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it but I think it might be the end for the character of Ronnie :(
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it but I think it might be the end for the character of Ronnie :(

Might not be though, Ronnie is set to appear onscreen until midish 2012.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know the NYE ad had been on? :confused: Looking forward to seeing the NYE ad.

The Syed
    in a skirt
    will be cringeworthy.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone able to post the ad? I really wanna see it. Hope it goes up on You Tube. Glad they are advertising it.
  • Options
    WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im tuning out for a while .Ronnie deserves some thing better than this .
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I don't think I can watch it. Anything to do with babies upsets me.
    I couldn't bear to watch Jack on Corrie without his mother Molly. Tyrone didn't want him nor did Sally so Kevin has taken over looking after him. It is so sad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I didn't know the NYE ad had been on? :confused: Looking forward to seeing the NYE ad.

The Syed
    in a skirt
    will be cringeworthy.
    Well its a kilt, they're slagging it by calling it a skirt, which it is..
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not looking forward to it at all. Too much tragedy for Ronnie. She needs a break. And also I fear this is the end of her character. :(
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really apprehensive about the baby drama, but think it could be brilliant. Hopefully the Christian and Syed stuff will bring some light relief to the show :)
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    NOT for new years eve but there is one showing on BBC 1 for New Years Day (Saturday at 8:30)
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member

I don't think Kat gets to see much of her baby, I think her baby is ill at first so she doesn't get that initial bonding time and then when they get home, Kat has to return to hospital because she starts bleeding, so she spends very little time with her child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not looking forward to it but I hope the reveal does happen soon though.