HO Mercades and Dr Browning, what a let down.

hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After they some how got of both thier ludicrous trails, and they they came back and got together I thought they would adleast be entertaining together, boy was I wrong they are both very dull and repetitive, that stupid sl with the pervy DR was dreadful and that one with Myra and the shadow was even worse, I havent missed them at all since they went away and really wouldnt be bothered if they never came back.

This is probably a really unpopular thing to say and Im ready for the abuse, but I really had to get it off my chest:sleep:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. I thought Dr.Browning leading Myra up the garden path to get Mercedes back in the family was good, and I can't remember a storyline before where a doctor lied to someone that they had an illness.

Very interesting storyline I thought, with lots of turns and after effects, Myra's luxurious spending during her 'illness' found the family in debt which is the welcome to Jacqui's current storyline.

Looking forward to Paul and Mercedes' return from Vegas.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    What i don't understand is Dr Browning was charged with murder, had his license revoked, spent several months in prison, charges are dropped, gets his license returned to him along with his job and about two months later goes off to Vegas to get married and long honeymoon for several weeks surely he should be fired as a doctor?
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I fully agree, I don't like Browning or Mercedes at all, the creepy doctor and shadow storyline were horrible. I haven't been enjoying the show too much lately, but it is great to be on a break from seeing Mercedes and Browning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do agree. i really really liked paul first time round and thought he was a great character, that brought something new to mercedes (thank god!) but since that ludicrous trial i've gone off him. he's lost something of his spark somewhat, and i've gone back to not being able to stand mercedes. i'm glad they're off screen tbh. i don't much like the thought of claire returning either:yawn:
    I disagree. I thought Dr.Browning leading Myra up the garden path to get Mercedes back in the family was good, and I can't remember a storyline before where a doctor lied to someone that they had an illness.

i loathed everything about that bloody "shadow" storyline.....most of all the overuse of the word 'shadow':rolleyes::mad: drove me mad.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with your post, I think the character of Mercedes has run its course and the whole trial thing was ridiculous aswell.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    What i don't understand is Dr Browning was charged with murder, had his license revoked, spent several months in prison, charges are dropped, gets his license returned to him along with his job and about two months later goes off to Vegas to get married and long honeymoon for several weeks surely he should be fired as a doctor?

We saw that Brownings boss was a leech into prostitutes - its clear Hollyoaks Hospital dont really have any standards or good practise
  • Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Paul to cheat on Mercy withClare so Mercy can get a taste of her own medicine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Is it wrong that I find Browning very attractive in evil mode?

However I agree, they're terrible as a couple. i would have like Mercedes alone for a while.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Browning killed Lynsey. HE KILLED MY LYNSEY :cry:

For that and that alone, may he burn in hell. That is all.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - Not to mention that he already has a wife! I don't really understand it either.:o

THIS!

It's annoying that he's walking free and nobody cares about it at all!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Ennoea wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I find Browning very attractive in evil mode?

However I agree, they're terrible as a couple. i would have like Mercedes alone for a while.

Haha I dreamt about him the other night and now I find him very attractive!!
  • nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    him and mercy are married???? oh my days!
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last time we saw them they were off to america to get married
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dr Browning was arrested, charged and refused bail. He didnt have his license to practise revoked, and why would he be fired? In this country you are innocent until proven guilty. Browning was not proved guilty therefore in the eyes of the law and society he is innocent. You and I and everyone who watched the episode knows that he is guilty but in Hollyoaks world he is innocent.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    After they some how got of both thier ludicrous trails, and they they came back and got together I thought they would adleast be entertaining together, boy was I wrong they are both very dull and repetitive, that stupid sl with the pervy DR was dreadful and that one with Myra and the shadow was even worse, I havent missed them at all since they went away and really wouldnt be bothered if they never came back.

This is probably a really unpopular thing to say and Im ready for the abuse, but I really had to get it off my chest:sleep:

I actually AGREE with you 100 percent, but then again that pair never did entertaIn me or do anything for me:yawn: even as individuals I cant be bothered with them, Paul I can just about tolerate but Mercedes! I could never stand her and I never will, Jen please leave! thanks:p
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree. There has to be justice for Lynsey one day...surely...:(:mad:
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they were a couple who looked good on paper, but put on screen it doesnt really work, its just tiresome.

I also agree that poor Lynsey deserves justice, it was really stupid the Dr being her killer, infact I think it would have worked so much better being the other way round, Walker should have been the killer and Dr Browning should have witnessed it and done nothing that would have made more sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Dr Bs obesession with Mercedes - at first. But like others, he killed Lynsey. :mad: The recent 'shadow' SL was ridiculous as was the his trial and that of Mercedes. Other plots about them have been equally ridiculous :sleep:

I never really took to Mercedes and it is getting to the point were I am sick of the sight of her and am pleased she is off my screen for a change. If she were present, it would my viewing of HO even more tiresome than it is atm.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't he already have a wife or are they divorced?
    itsy bitsy wrote: »
    Totally agree. There has to be justice for Lynsey one day...surely...:(:mad:

I really hope so. Brendan and Cheryl don't really care about it and it's not long before they leave Hollyoaks.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I would prefer Mercedes back on screen tomorrow if it turns off the complaining clique.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I think they were a couple who looked good on paper, but put on screen it doesnt really work, its just tiresome.

I also agree that poor Lynsey deserves justice, it was really stupid the Dr being her killer, infact I think it would have worked so much better being the other way round, Walker should have been the killer and Dr Browning should have witnessed it and done nothing that would have made more sense.
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I quite liked Dr Bs obesession with Mercedes - at first. But like others, he killed Lynsey. :mad: The recent 'shadow' SL was ridiculous as was the his trial and that of Mercedes. Other plots about them have been equally ridiculous :sleep:

I never really took to Mercedes and it is getting to the point were I am sick of the sight of her and am pleased she is off my screen for a change. If she were present, it would my viewing of HO even more tiresome than it is atm.

Actually if you look at the flashbacks of the murder, Browning killing her was not totally unrealistic. He was very deeply in love with Mercedes in an obsessive way. Lynsey was being spiteful, bitchy and provocative and continued to scream at him even though he told her to be quiet - it's not surprising under such circumstances that someone, especially someone unstable should flip and unfortunately for Browning the scarf happened to be there so he ended up acting out of anger in a moment of madness, driven by his obsession with Mercy and his desire to protect her. It was making it a whodunit that didn't work imo. We should have seen what happened and then have the build up and then the scarf being discovered and his confession.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP - are you serious?! Dr Browning and his relationship with Mercedes is one of the best things in Hollyoaks at the moment. It's about a million times more entertaining than Tilly and Esther (yawn) and Phoebe and the awful Vincent.

The more Browning the better - love him!