Will you be answering your door tonight for all the trick or treaters?

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, got a box load of goodies ready just in case. And if nobody comes then I can pig out myself later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, got a box load of goodies ready just in case. And if nobody comes then I can pig out myself later.

:D ha ha yes. And the thought of that possibility does mean that I buy quite nice sweets instead of a heap of horrible crap. I still remember all the crates of WKD that everyone refused to drink at my daughter's 18th birthday party. :o
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    No, I will be making a point of going out. I always do.

Since I won't be in I won't be answering the door. Back about 11.00, probably, and I certainly won't be answering the door to anyone then!
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Nope, never do
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    We never get anyone here, so we don't buy sweets anymore.
  • Sponge_BobsSponge_Bobs Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    No. I am working.
  • oatstieoatstie Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We never get anyone come to our place. :(
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Nope.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    No. We have some boiling oil over the door and that's if they get past the burning cross in the front garden.

We will be naked inside the house too.
  • kevraffkevraff Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but grudgingly so.

The average Trick-or-Treater seems to have the tenacity and thick skin of a court-appointed bailiff. They'll stand there banging the door and ringing the doorbell incredulous that no-one's answering when the lights are on.

I did try putting a "No Trick-or-Treat" sign up one year - but the car got egged. So the only thing to do seems to be to buy a couple of a cheap bags of sweets and just go along with it.

I just don't get all these people who claim to enjoy this whole Trick-or-Treat business - after a long day at work, I could do without other people's kids running round and begging at my doorstep.
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    hopefully wont get anyone..and no won't open the door :D
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall be placing a polite sign on the door asking for no trick or treaters as my baby and toddler will be asleep.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

Basically because I've got nothing in.

Also, I still have memories of living on a rough estate where you were basically threatened to hand money over.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. I've carved jack-o-lanterns and decorated my front window, but our street is a bit out of the way so we never get as many as I hope for.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i think next year i will put a no trick or treat sign on the front door

here is one

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/media.jsp?mediaid=20071&filetype=pdf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    No. We have some boiling oil over the door and that's if they get past the burning cross in the front garden.

I'll take a risk with the boiling oil and the burning crucifix... BUT KIKO NAKED :eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope,absolutely not.

the little gits spend all the summer holidays terrorizing me with there noise and screaming,and "playing" knock a door run. So if they think they are getting free sweets they can **** right off :D
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We never get anyone here, so we don't buy sweets anymore.
    oatstie wrote: »
    We never get anyone come to our place. :(
    PM me your addresses and I'll send someone over so you don't feel left out :)

NB: That doesn't apply to you Kiko :eek:
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    No, I was going to get some sweets in, but I forgot so its too bad. They will have to go elsewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. If friends wanted to bring their kiddies round I would love it but the people that knock on my door will be complete strangers. The people around here look to the floor if you so much smile at them on the street. Yet all of a sudden they want a dose of good old community spirit when it suits them. Sod that I am off shopping.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't get any, nearest neighbour is a mile away and the driveway is 400 yards long and unlit :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, never do

THIS, don't believe in it
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. If friends wanted to bring their kiddies round I would love it but the people that knock on my door will be complete strangers. The people around here look to the floor if you so much smile at them on the street. Yet all of a sudden they want a dose of good old community spirit when it suits them. Sod that I am off shopping.

This.

If friends wanted to bring their kids round and it was all pre-arranged. Absolutely, I'd love to join in the fun.

But apart from my neighbour, I don't know anyone round here.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up until 7pm I will then, like Hugh, the baby will be going to bed so I don't want the disturbance.