Options

Important Mass Effect Question!

felixw1felixw1 Posts: 251
Forum Member
i really want to buy the mass effect trilogy ps3, but a lot of people who have bought it from amazon, ebay etc, says there are problems with downloading dlc, is this true?

Comments

• Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Only problems I saw were when people managed to get a US copy of the game and then downloaded EU DLCs.

That being said, most of the DLCs for the first two games is on the discs isn't it? I know when ME2 was released as a standalone on the PS3 it included all of the story DLC except Arrival on the disc. ME1 only had two DLCs and I think they were both included as well.

Just Arrival and the ME3 DLC to worry about but AFAIK you shouldn't really have any issues DLing that from the PS Store.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Even without the DLC I think they are three great games the trouble looks to be finding a new copy of the game as it seems to be holding its price really well. If you were in the position to take the PC version that looks to be a very good price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so i just need to get a uk copy of the game? where from then?
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixw1 wrote: »
    so i just need to get a uk copy of the game? where from then?

Try Game, Amazon, Ebay.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you download them off the store they will be uk and often on sale for £15.99 for all 3. other wise i wouldnt buy the trilogy boxset. buy 2 and 3 on disc about £4 each and mass effect 1 is on the store often on sale for half price. the DLC is often on sale for half price as well.

the way to tell if they are UK versions used is if they have a red 18 age rating in the corner as the US ones have M for mature
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Although i stated in another thread that the amount of remasters are getting crazy, i would seriously love them to release the trilogy on PS4/XboxOne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok thx for the help! :) amazon comments say it might be from america, so i'll look elsewhere, or download 1 and then buy 2, 3 discs
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mass Effect Trilogy is currently £12 on the PS Store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £12 is a bargin for about 120 hours of gameplay
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member

That is a fantastic price for three great games.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was this price before Xmas. I jumped on it then, even though I'd played through the complete series 3 times (as well as 5 times for just ME1) on 360.
    119hrs 50mins of awesomeness and 10mins of WTF!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too true
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    119hrs 50mins of awesomeness and 10mins of WTF!!!!

The best description of Mass Effect. Ever. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Buy it and if you will encounter some troubles download dlc on a torrent tracker))