Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,486
Administrator
jill1812 wrote: »
Ridiculous superstition time. I got a manicure today as I got them previously the weekends we beat Airdrie United and Rangers, so went back to get one today. :)

I swear I'll scream if I hear another neutral say either, United will give Celtic a good game, or this is the most important game in Celtic's season. They're jinxing us. :D
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1584238

Comments

• The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,432
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm first again ! :p
    • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm first again ! :p

Your missus must be a very disappointed woman! :p:p:D
    • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Kevin Bridges "The SPL now is like WWF wrestling, the action is rubbish but the storylines are great"
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      From Follow Follow
      rangers fighting fund... Details of meeting....

Persons present:

Sandy jardine

jim hannah

kenny macdowall

ian durrant

andrew mccormick

today in the ibrox suite a meeting was held with the above named persons and secretaries of rangers supporters groups with regards to the proposed fighting fund. I am delighted to say that with approval of the administator's duff and phelps, and a unanimous vote from the rangers committee and supporters groups, this is going ahead and we will now all have a chance to do whatever we can to help our club.

An account will be set up so that supporters can go into any high street bank and make donations to the fund, can i just stress that any contribution no matter how small is vital to our club. A paypal account will be set up also, though when paying through paypal £4 in every £100 is deducted in charges. A press conference will be held on mon/tues with ally mccoist and from then on its all systems go. The rangers supporters assembly will have all details and will show a running total of money donated. We were all assured that all monies donated into the fighting fund are for the sole purpose of keeping rangers running and none of it will go toward legal fees, administrator fees etc. This money will be micro managed and a meeting will be held with administrators on a weekly basis, only money required for the running costs will be handed over to the administrators. Another major concern for the fans is the situation regarding craig whyte, and once again we are reassured that craig whyte will not leave this club with as much as £1 profit. Duff and phelps have also confirmed that craig whyte is not a secured creditor and will receive nothing. Administrators will also not have access to the renewal season ticket money and there will be a clarity for fans regarding the ticketus situation.

The club itself will do as much as they can to generate money, one example is a friendly match against hamburg, due to our good relationship with hamburg, they have even offered only to take expenses for the game. Another will be small union jack flags which will be on sale at the old firm game and also pricing structures for families for friendlies was also proposed ourselves as supporters can organise fund raising nights, race nights or auctions, one idea was that we could receive a signed top which then could be auctioned and all proceeds to go to the fighting fund. The club are open to all ideas regarding fund raising at this time.

The subject of potential owners was raised and we were informed that there are several people interested. Anyone buying the club will do so with a clean sheet and we are assured that any new owner of the club has to be transparent and open to the supporters whither it be good or bad news. We have also been left with a void since our directors were either sacked or resigned and no longer have any directors attending away games to represent the club hopefully when things settle down this can be rectified.

Special thanks has to go to our manager ally mccoist who has been the driving force in all this and without both him and the players we would be out of business, they are a credit to our club.

So nows the time to show the world how we really are the world's best supporters and do whatever we can to keep our club running, every single penny counts no matter how small, its now time to step up and pay. Watp!!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      timboy wrote: »
      From Follow Follow

Will they consider packing bags at ASDA?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bhoy07 wrote: »
      Will they consider packing bags at ASDA?

Fingers crossed, if they do we'll be due a windfall ourselves.

ICF took a hammering off CCS coming back from Ayr as well tonight.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Fingers crossed, if they do we'll be due a windfall ourselves.

ICF took a hammering off CCS coming back from Ayr as well tonight.

I wonder what the slogan will be, first it was:

We are 'ra peepil

Then is became

We avoid tax paying

Is it now

We accept the paypal?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I wonder what the slogan will be, first it was:

We are 'ra peepil

Then is became

We avoid tax paying

Is it now

We accept the paypal?

We've All Tapped Provident!
    • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,882
      Forum Member
      Good luck United today :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Rangers in crisis so let's all rewrite history:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Brido1888/5b7dee20.jpg

What a fud.

Lenny putting his foot down on the media, lot less cooperation with numerous outlets from now until end of the season.

Accuses people like Traynor of muck raking, telling lies and he's had enough - it's now in the hands of the Celtic legal team.
    • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
      Forum Member
      robbie neilson what a t*at, probably cost your team a place in the cup
    • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Stupid from Neilson. As Davie Provan said, it was a nothing area of the pitch.
    • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
      Forum Member
      aye sammy the tranny is a nothing, but will say this, celtic are ruthless at the moment and deserve the title, regardless of our downfall handing them the title, celtic would have walked it even if we didn't have the -10 deduction.

so well done you deserved it.
    • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Rangers in crisis so let's all rewrite history:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Brido1888/5b7dee20.jpg

What a fud.

Not sure who the biggest muppet is, Gough or the sub editor.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Neil Lennon confirms the BBC wanted to film both himself and Trish Godman give evidence in court this week.
    • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
      Forum Member
      were motherwell fans booing fraser fyvie being stretchered off?
    • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Caltonfan wrote: »
      were motherwell fans booing fraser fyvie being stretchered off?

Aye. :(

3rd red card of the season for that wee ****. Surely merits a large ban and he's fortunate he's no facing criminal proceedings for a potential career ending tackle.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Aye. :(

3rd red card of the season for that wee ****. Surely merits a large ban and he's fortunate he's no facing criminal proceedings for a potential career ending tackle.

Must say, it was a cracking game.

Lasley is a thug, much like Ian Black.
    • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,882
      Forum Member
      Must say, it was a cracking game.

Lasley is a thug, much like Ian Black.

Very similar players, both thugs
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Enjoyed the Aberdeen-Motherwell game (not just because we won). It had everything you want from a cup-tie really.

I'm particularly happy we got Hibs in the draw, not because I give us any better a chance of winning than I give Hibs, but just because it's an even game. It's not Celtic's fault for being better than us, but the two semi-finals we were in last year against them were soulless affairs as far as I'm concerned. We turned up expecting to lose, lost, shrugged our shoulders and went home. This time, win or lose, it's going to be an event.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Cracking 2nd half performance today by Celtic but certainly helped by the fact that Dundee Utd were down to 10 men. A really stupid challenge by Neilson. Some miss by Stokes when he hit the bar, good to see he took it in good humour on Twitter though.

Watched some highlights of the Aberdeen v Motherwell match. Joke decision for the corner that led to the first goal but what a finish by Fallon for the 2nd, absolute screamer. As for Lasley, I see that Brown said on the radio that Lasley "isn't that kind of player" but every match I see where he plays he is putting in challenges like that.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Watched some highlights of the Aberdeen v Motherwell match. Joke decision for the corner that led to the first goal but what a finish by Fallon for the 2nd, absolute screamer. As for Lasley, I see that Brown said on the radio that Lasley "isn't that kind of player" but every match I see where he plays he is putting in challenges like that.

Brown didn't even think it was a red card, but to be fair that's just his style in interviews to be overly nice to the opposition.

As for the corner, I always think in these situations that you have to focus on defending rather than complain about it. Corners and throw-ins go the wrong way several times a match and it's no worse a decision when it directly leads to a goal. It's a completely different situation to one where a goal is actually caused by a bad decision (the ball being given over the line when it isn't, a bad offside decision, etc.) I mean Motherwell had a corner at the end of the first half which shouldn't have been given, but because it didn't end up in the back of the net it was forgotten about.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
      Forum Member
      bunk_medal wrote: »
      Brown didn't even think it was a red card, but to be fair that's just his style in interviews to be overly nice to the opposition.

As for the corner, I always think in these situations that you have to focus on defending rather than complain about it. Corners and throw-ins go the wrong way several times a match and it's no worse a decision when it directly leads to a goal. It's a completely different situation to one where a goal is actually caused by a bad decision (the ball being given over the line when it isn't, a bad offside decision, etc.) I mean Motherwell had a corner at the end of the first half which shouldn't have been given, but because it didn't end up in the back of the net it was forgotten about.

Yes, teams generally have to defend several corners a match and also quite often as you say corners get awarded wrongly.

I don't have a huge amount of sympathy with a team that fails to defenfd a corner that happened to be incorrectly given.

Would still moan about it if it was my team ;)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bunk_medal wrote: »

I agree with what you are saying in regards to wrong decisions being made in every game but the linesman had a straight on view of this.
    • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,432
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Very similar players, both thugs

You missed Jenning's in yer post surely ? ...... the dirty basta*d :eek:
    This discussion has been closed.