GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• cosmicsoupcosmicsoup Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to online. But won't be able to have a go until tomorrow night or early Wednesday morning. Hope any server issues are minimal by then :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it sad that i'm sat here counting down the minutes until midnight hoping that its ready to go straight away, even though it probably won't be ready till the afternoon at the earliest
  • cosmicsoupcosmicsoup Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Is it sad that i'm sat here counting down the minutes until midnight hoping that its ready to go straight away, even though it probably won't be ready till the afternoon at the earliest

Fingers crossed you get some gaming in. I've got work in the morning and the watching football in the evening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this thread felt like watching an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Stay tuned because after the break we'll have Ash's results from the lie detector!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hoping its playable alone if that makes sense and that you won't start a mission and then hit a brick wall because you need 3 other real world players to be able to do it.

Hopefully a lot will be playable solo, relying on randoms can be irritating at times.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I contributed to derailing the thread folks. My comment was honestly light hearted (regardless of my opinion of Ash) as a response to his repeated "I do not work for Rockstar" which I, foolishly, took as him having a bit of fun with his reputation. That was my mistake and I should have taken his posting history into account and known better. Apologies to all annoyed.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Looking forward to online, not got 100% yet but I'll split my time between both, like another poster said........ Ash, Red take it somewhere else fellas, this isn't the place :cool:

Got my 100% completion achievement tonight (my final activity was playing golf). Now that I've cut my teeth on the campaign I feel ready for the online stuff.

My pet peeve are gamers who just play multiplayer and ignore the single player game. Okay ... death match is fun but to not even finish off the storyline? Just seems weird to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

looks like its going live at about noon

Another 11 hours to wait, guess i can do some other stuff in the meantime instead like sleep
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    One of the most amusing threads I've read in a long time! Cheers fellas :cool:

Karma's a bitch aint it!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

looks like its going live at about noon

Another 11 hours to wait, guess i can do some other stuff in the meantime instead like sleep

Hopefully it's playable!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Reading this thread felt like watching an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Stay tuned because after the break we'll have Ash's results from the lie detector!

Basically, with how these people see me, I could post a picture of me stood on the rooftop of Rockstar NYC shaking Lazlow's hand and I'd still be lying and not actually know anyone at Rockstar. :p
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    One of the most amusing threads I've read in a long time! Cheers fellas :cool:

Karma's a bitch aint it!

I think I know how you felt when everyone was attacking you during the Xbox One reveal when you was sticking up for Microsoft! :p:D

Funny thing is, two of the people hating on me, going through the old thread, waited for my info back in the day. And now that the game is out, they want to jump on board the hate wagon. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope there's an open free mode online.

I don't want to do specific games or wait for my friends. I want to fly fighter jets over people I don't know! :D
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atlantic wrote: »
    Got my 100% completion achievement tonight (my final activity was playing golf). Now that I've cut my teeth on the campaign I feel ready for the online stuff.

My pet peeve are gamers who just play multiplayer and ignore the single player game. Okay ... death match is fun but to not even finish off the storyline? Just seems weird to me.

Well that is where R* have been clever with releasing the online 2 weeks later, thats how it should be :cool:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't even got the game yet but I was considering getting a Wi-Fi network adapter for my Xbox 360 in order to play Online. It looks like said adapter won't work with my router settings though. Bah!
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im ready, although im still trying to organise 'crews' to be part of to take on jobs/heists etc
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I stayed up all night the day the Phantasy Star Universe servers closed on the 360. They closed 12:00am in America and 6:00 am UK time, it was worth it. So if you are sad then so am i :p
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    add me,

blitzben85 - PS3, Put DS in the subject title box so I know who you are.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I think I know how you felt when everyone was attacking you during the Xbox One reveal when you was sticking up for Microsoft! :p:D

Funny thing is, two of the people hating on me, going through the old thread, waited for my info back in the day. And now that the game is out, they want to jump on board the hate wagon. ;)

Why would I wait for information from you. I could get more reliable information about GTA 5 by getting Derek Acora to channel the spirit of of Tommy Vercetti.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did that for the psn launch but was stung by BST!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    So really anyone could post vague bullshit and people will lap it up because there is an abscence of other information. With no one allowed to question it. Cool.

Just stop being a prat! You're acting like it's so rare, cool and unbelievable that an FM could work for or even be associated with Rockstar when in reality, it's perfectly plausible.

Michael Jackson stayed at my friends house for two whole weeks in the 90s. Sure, you may think its crap, but it's 100% true and significantly more rare, cool and unbelievable than what Ash has been doing.

A bit of perspective, dude.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

Michael Jackson stayed at my friends house for two whole weeks in the 90s. Sure, you may think its crap, but it's 100% true and significantly more rare, cool and unbelievable than what Ash has been doing.

Did he make him drink his Jesus Juice?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Did he make him drink his Jesus Juice?

No idea.

I suppose, using the logic of redhatmatt, I therefore must be lying.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Just stop being a prat! You're acting like it's so rare, cool and unbelievable that an FM could work for or even be associated with Rockstar when in reality, it's perfectly plausible.

A bit of perspective, dude.

Really? http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2009/05/simpsons-06-michael-jackson.jpg :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup, the real MJ, not some white, prison dude!