Options

Indian Summers [Channel 4]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    So glad I stuck with this - it's really gotten into it's stride now.

It is getting very intriguing. Well, it was intriguing from the start, but now they are answering a lot of questions. Loved the stair scene ;-)
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite glad that guy got pushed down the stairs. Has Adam's mum got a visual impairment or something?
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still enjoying it a lot. A second series is being planned, it's penciled in for screening next year and will move the story on three years to 1935.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the quicky Ralph had with the social climber? What stoked his fire?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad I stuck with this - it's really gotten into it's stride now.
    Yeah I agree, some of the scenes are still needlessly slow but still some of the stories and the back stories are seemingly beginning to come together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    I don't understand the quicky Ralph had with the social climber? What stoked his fire?

I expect it was because of Jaya (Adam's mother).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was quite glad that guy got pushed down the stairs. Has Adam's mum got a visual impairment or something?

I think she must have. She said her eyes weren't what they used to be.
  • Options
    beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I was a little confused with the lady who was drowned at the end of this week's episode.
    Do I assume the posh guy arranged that?
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    More likely the club owner's Indian factotum/enforcer who arranged it at madam's behest to keep Ralph life and career on track.
  • Options
    lindenlealindenlea Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindenlea wrote: »
    I'm not certain about the certificate, not because I have any difficulty following, but because I didn't think Ralph was speaking to the police official for long enough for him to have been appraised of the full situation. Maybe that was just dramatic licence - or maybe the officer who found the certificate has kept it for his own reasons.

I'm feeling quite smug that I picked up on this. :kitty:

That aside, I do think that vile Cynthia is behind the murder … she was showing fake concern about Ralph to try to throw him off suspecting her. And it was demonstrated in this episode that she loves to act.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindenlea wrote: »
    I'm feeling quite smug that I picked up on this. :kitty:

That aside, I do think that vile Cynthia is behind the murder … she was showing fake concern about Ralph to try to throw him off suspecting her. And it was demonstrated in this episode that she loves to act.

BIB - and so you should! I felt someone got hold of it to use against him, perhaps the sister, but I wouldn't have guessed the police guy got it. Well done! ;-)

I'm wondering if the school teacher woman was the murderer, she's got pretty close to Adam, ans she's aware that the other (teacher?) guy is close to him too, and perhaps the mother, having committed a violent act towards her already, was seen as someone who had too much influence over Adam and could therefore take him away.
    Decent episode, lots going on that was I able to keep track with; as someone said last week I'm glad I've stuck with it.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also glad that I stuck with it.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying it.

The Indian lady who was drown, smiled at the person coming towards her as if she knew them. So I am stepping outside the box and saying her son drown her. She was going on about him being evil to Ralph. The heavy wedding sari could have helped pull her down so not that much force needed.

This Sunday, "I am McCloud of the Clan McCloud! This man did not do it!":D Sorry, had to do it. Then Queen will play Princes of the Universe.;-)
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode had some good developments. Aafred dumping his gf was quick and I'm glad they didn't drag it out; she was rather annoying. It looks as though him and lovely Alice will be ruined by him being found guilty of hiding the evidence though! Maybe he gets released from prison at the start of series 2?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ralph was wearing 'the' sandals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ralph was wearing 'the' sandals

It's too obvious to be him though suerly? Plus he seemed to really love Jaya so I can't see him hurting her. The poster above could he bang on with Adam being the killer given that she used to hit him etc
  • Options
    violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What relationship is Cynthia with Ralph?

She is always sticking her nose in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What relationship is Cynthia with Ralph?

She is always sticking her nose in.

Just an old family friend/distant auntie I presumed. She seems to have been around since they were children
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add - Sunni and Mr McCloud will obviously be the next couple. Quite sweet I think
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    Forgot to add - Sunni and Mr McCloud will obviously be the next couple. Quite sweet I think

I agree. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she was all gooey eyes and telling her brother he was not like the other British.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Yes, she was all gooey eyes and telling her brother he was not like the other British.

I'm not sure much will happen this series though due to Aafred and Alice's relationship moving forward. I expect it's setting up the plot for the next series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »

Mr McCloud is quite cute.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Shortgirl wrote: »
    Mr McCloud is quite cute.

I agree. He's become one of my favorites.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw about 20 minutes of this last night and had to switch off. Another example of how they get drama so wrong these days. The writing and acting were terrible. Felt like another soap.