The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 32)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
Administrator
d56 wrote: »
Very sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone else seen the video from Leona in the 100 Greatest Women in Music countdown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O7vbq9Pq3d8

So good to see such praise!!
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1608581

Comments

• fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
      Forum Member
      New thread :) Hopefully this one is gonna be full of news about Glassheart!
    • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
      Forum Member
      This was the video I posted on the other thread. Leona being talked about on the US VH1 100 Greatest Women In Music:

So much praise for her! Sorry if its already been posted!!
      Forum Member
      This was the video I posted on the other thread. Leona being talked about on the US VH1 100 Greatest Women In Music:

I haven't seen it yet. Thank you :) I really hope it's gonna be all about Leona again when Glassheart will be released.
      Forum Member
      I haven't seen it yet. Thank you :) I really hope it's gonna be all about Leona again when Glassheart will be released.

I know me too!

Hopefully if it has the hits Clive said it does, that might hopefully happen!
    • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ooh I like when people talk positive about Leona! It gives me goosebumps :')
    • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Thanks for that I've been waiting for it. I love when the guy says "I think Leona Lewis gets put into the superdiva pile of potential superstars, because she has got the chops, she is definitely on her way." :D:D It's great to hear praise like that for her.

I also found a better quality clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuPAKQvBJnU
      Forum Member
      I know me too!

Hopefully if it has the hits Clive said it does, that might hopefully happen!

I was watching Whitney's funeral and it was so emotional and such a celebration of her! It makes me think how much I love Leona and wanna only the best for her.
      I think Clive will do everything to put Leona up there with Whitney this time. Fingers crossed.
      Forum Member
      Toy_Hero wrote: »
      Thanks for that I've been waiting for it. I love when the guy says "I think Leona Lewis gets put into the superdiva pile of potential superstars, because she has got the chops, she is definitely on her way." :D:D It's great to hear praise like that for her.

I also found a better quality clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuPAKQvBJnU

Ahh thank you for the better quality clip! I know its good to start this thread with positivity! I read so much negativity on these forums at times its unreal!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Ahh thank you for the better quality clip! I know its good to start this thread with positivity! I read so much negativity on these forums at times its unreal!

That's what I was hoping to happen :D Is it just me or does it feel good to hear recognition for british females in a place like the US. You know what I like, when you see Dido on the list, one man says "I like her songs, it comes from a real place, She is not trying to make you dance, she's trying to make you feel... I feel it, it hurts" That is how Leona has to stay. Leona make's you 'feel' and that's why she is awesome. Done and dusted :D
      Forum Member
      That's what I was hoping to happen :D Is it just me or does it feel good to hear recognition for british females in a place like the US. You know what I like, when you see Dido on the list, one man says "I like her songs, it comes from a real place, She is not trying to make you dance, she's trying to make you feel... I feel it, it hurts" That is how Leona has to stay. Leona make's you 'feel' and that's why she is awesome. Done and dusted :D

Absolutely! People need to remember on here, just because Leona is in between records, doesn't mean shes been "forgotten" like I heard someone say the other day. Just because she's not an artist who is always out there doesn't mean she's "flopping" or "forgotten", it just means when she comes back, people can appreciate her talent even more, because she's not always in your face!
    • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Absolutely! People need to remember on here, just because Leona is in between records, doesn't mean shes been "forgotten" like I heard someone say the other day. Just because she's not an artist who is always out there doesn't mean she's "flopping" or "forgotten", it just means when she comes back, people can appreciate her talent even more, because she's not always in your face!

e.g. Rihanna i loved her songs.. but that voice now is just becoming Zzzzzz.. no matter what beat its got under it lol!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I watched that on TV the night it came on, and I nearly died when I saw it :p

Such high praise for her, I really hope this album does good. I want Ne-Yo to work with Leona again as well, her Can't Fight demo was amazing
    • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      OK...I really think that NOW is time for Leona to realize that she still has (20) fans that care about her and want some info......this last 2 months are just NOT normal in relationship between her and fans....She's a total mess right now.......I think that girl is lost in studio with 100 (bad) songs that she recorded during this last 2 years of recordings and cant decide what to choose for her album because nothing stands out..........Leona girl...tweet something:yawn: at least inform us that you started working from the beginning all over again
    • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Loved watching that. Glad to see the other thread gone, it was so negative, but we can all look forwards now, and I still think this will be Leona's year. Leona is not just a good voice, she is everything that I love in an artist, but most of all her music just brings out all the emotions, no matter what she sings, Leona's voice just brings the song to life.
    • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      soulmusic wrote: »
      Loved watching that. Glad to see the other thread gone, it was so negative, but we can all look forwards now, and I still think this will be Leona's year. Leona is not just a good voice, she is everything that I love in an artist, but most of all her music just brings out all the emotions, no matter what she sings, Leona's voice just brings the song to life.

me 2:) no76 on that list (best singers in last 20 years) is quite good :)
    • lewisfrylewisfry Posts: 529
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I wasn't looking forward to hearing 'trouble' until now. I have just heard emile sandé's 'my kind of love' and I couldn't help but think leona could have another 'bleeding love' with that song and I got slightly jealousy that there's a song like that on emilé's album that might not even be a single that could be an international hit for someone else. I hope trouble sounds like 'my kind of love' more than anything, although I wouldn't mind a song like 'heaven' or 'next to me' either:)
      Forum Member
      lewisfry wrote: »
      I wasn't looking forward to hearing 'trouble' until now. I have just heard emile sandé's 'my kind of love' and I couldn't help but think leona could have another 'bleeding love' with that song and I got slightly jealousy that there's a song like that on emilé's album that might not even be a single that could be an international hit for someone else. I hope trouble sounds like 'my kind of love' more than anything, although I wouldn't mind a song like 'heaven' or 'next to me' either:)

I really like Emeli's album but I always skip My kind of love...also Next to me. I LOVE Maybe and Clown...For me the best songs on the album.
    • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
      Forum Member
      I really like Emeli's album but I always skip My kind of love...also Next to me. I LOVE Maybe and Clown...For me the best songs on the album.

You skip My Kind Of Love :eek: :confused::confused::cry:

After watching that clip from VH1 countdown I got anxious again,damn it. :yawn:
      Forum Member
      You skip My Kind Of Love :eek: :confused::confused::cry:

After watching that clip from VH1 countdown I got anxious again,damn it. :yawn:

I'm sorry but yes. :D Maybe is my favourite :) and Clown as I said.
      I like Emeli's album but I don't want this kind of music from Leona. I need excitement. Something HUGE. The first time I heard Bleeding Love I couldn't believe music can sounds like that. I've been in love with BL after the first second of the song.:)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      lewisfry wrote: »

Are we all sharing the same mind, because I was thinking the same thing last night as well:eek: I wonder what kind of song it is, apparently it's on the same level tempo-wise as Emeli Sande - Heaven, but it's not a soppy ballad:confused:

In my head, I'm trying to come up with an idea of what the song is about. From my opinion so far, I get the idea it may be a song like "You're gonna be trouble for me if I get with you" maybe it's about falling for a badboy:p
    • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I cant wait to hear Trouble, the small amount of lyrics we have in my opinion are brilliant.

"You drink more than you used to, fell in love how could you?
      Trust your heart like only fools do, hold on let it bleed.
      You smoked 10 now it’s 20, bet you wish you’d never met me.
      To stick around you must be crazy, hold on let it bleed.

I told you never to get used to me, I stay awake while you fall asleep.
      I’m a whole lot of trouble, we’re in a whole lot of trouble.
      You shout louder than you used to, and you hold on tighter in the *bedroom."
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Dave0893 wrote: »
      I cant wait to hear Trouble, the small amount of lyrics we have in my opinion are brilliant.

"You drink more than you used to, fell in love how could you?
      Trust your heart like only fools do, hold on let it bleed.
      You smoked 10 now it’s 20, bet you wish you’d never met me.
      To stick around you must be crazy, hold on let it bleed.

I told you never to get used to me, I stay awake while you fall asleep.
      I’m a whole lot of trouble, we’re in a whole lot of trouble.
      You shout louder than you used to, and you hold on tighter in the *bedroom."

:eek: Is that actual lyrics? Damn, I'm really liking them. I love the bleeding heart imagery, reminders to Bleeding Love imo. Jeez I hope this song is gonna slay
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      :eek: Is that actual lyrics? Damn, I'm really liking them. I love the bleeding heart imagery, reminders to Bleeding Love imo. Jeez I hope this song is gonna slay

According to an article in The Mirror, which also says Leona co-wrote it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/leona-lewis-vents-anger-over-125900
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      You sir, have made my day. not only the lyrics that have made me happy, but the fact she co-wrote the song. If this song does awesome, I have a feeling people who wrote her off will be backtracking ;) Sounds deep, and apparently this will be the lead single, So I am hoping it's a smasher:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      You sir, have made my day. not only the lyrics that have made me happy, but the fact she co-wrote the song. If this song does awesome, I have a feeling people who wrote her off will be backtracking ;) Sounds deep, and apparently this will be the lead single, So I am hoping it's a smasher:D

No problem at all. :D

And I really hope we get news soon as I am desperate.
    This discussion has been closed.