Dark Skies to finally be released on DVD

2»

Comments

• Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minion wrote: »
    Just bumping this to check with anyone who has bought this. I really want to get this, as it was one of my favourite shows back in the 90s, but does it contain the full version of the pilot?

This is the version that C4 showed on the original run, and not the one shown subsequently on SciFi and ITV4, and released on video. It's particularly more violent in places, especially in the extraction scene, which is completely different.

Please let me know if you have it, as otherwise I'll probably wait for next year's region 1 release to see what that has to offer. Thanks in advance!

This is stated on the Play.com Dark Skies sales page in the review:

Enjoy for the first time ever all 18 episodes plus the original Feature length Pilot Episode of this highly acclaimed series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Amazon has the same description. There are two versions though, and the full version was never shown in the US, only overseas. The US one is feature length as well unfortunately...

Thanks anyhoo though! : )
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    If no one knows then I'd suggest that the best way of finding out is to have a look on the BBFC website and trawl back to see exactly what was passed. It should give you a duration time for the episode in question which you could then cross-reference with the running time of the standard version of the pilot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only taken 14 years! It was a good series which had a lot of potential pity it died on its backside after one season.
  • Options
    Caveman643Caveman643 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    The full length pilot episode is on disk six in the extras section. I got the box set but haven't started watching it yet.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only taken 14 years! It was a good series which had a lot of potential pity it died on its backside after one season.

It had plenty of life in it. It didnt die, they killed it! :(:mad:
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Dark Skies, just one of the victims of Eric Close-itus.

Stands alongside the hallowed ranks of Daniel Dae Kim (Lost) and Chris Gorham (The Vampire Diaries) in only have one hit show on his resume..... :D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »

Stands alongside the hallowed ranks of Daniel Dae Kim (Lost) and Chris Gorham (The Vampire Diaries) in only have one hit show on his resume..... :D

Hawaii Five-0 is doing pretty well so far...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »

"Without a Trace" - 7 Seasons with Close although I can imagine his face when the producers said "see ya next year Eric"

Huh? what? you mean I get to come back..for..for...for more than one season..we aren't canceled, but its been 22 episodes? :D

Normally When Eric Close or Tamlyn Tomita turn up in a series I think there goes another show I used to watch! :eek:

Now if they would only release "Now and Again" I'll be a very happy man!
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Hawaii Five-0 is doing pretty well so far...

So far, but seems to be the case that either the series is killed off or the the character he plays is...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Methos_343 wrote: »
    "Without a Trace" - 7 Seasons with Close although I can imagine his face when the producers said "see ya next year Eric"

Huh? what? you mean I get to come back..for..for...for more than one season..we aren't canceled, but its been 22 episodes? :D

Normally When Eric Close or Tamlyn Tomita turn up in a series I think there goes another show I used to watch! :eek:

Now if they would only release "Now and Again" I'll be a very happy man!

Tamlyn Tomita hmm you wouldn't be refering to the Burning Zone would you? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Tamlyn Tomita hmm you wouldn't be refering to the Burning Zone would you? :rolleyes:

:D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, wicked. Used to think the wife was a bit of a hotty when I was younger, wonder if she holds up over time :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, looking great at 41 http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Megan%20Ward%202.jpg, yeowzer! :D