Poor Dermot

eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Poor old Dermot. Last month he was told he hadnt got the X Factor USA job . He said...'well, at least i was the only Brit in the running for the job.''

Oh dear.

Comments

• GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear BB calling for Dermot ;)
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with the UK job?:confused:
  • Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now he knows how Kate Thornton feels! :rolleyes:

No, seriously, I think Dermot would have made a better host than Steve. He already knows Nicole, too, so they could have worked well together as a presenting duo.
  • KarlyKarly Posts: 10,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i do have sympathy for Dermot, didnt he say they wanted a US host and now he hears Steve Jones has got the gig. If i was him id be pretty angry with Simon as he was defintely up to the job and Dermot seems like a decent guy in interviews. At least he is still doing the UK version and considering America have taken Simon and Cheryl away from us then its good news we still have Dermot but if i was him then i'd b well angry.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor dermot my arse, i'll have his job any day
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poor dermot my arse, i'll have his job any day

Its easy for us to say we'll have his job, of course we would as we arent presenters but to be in Dermot's shoes it must be a bit of a blow.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when you publically say you want something. If you don't get it, you look like a fool. He still has the UK show to present.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Dermot would have been a much better choice. I can only think that Cowell didn't want any more changes to the UK panel, especially with Simon & Cheryl gone, Dannii yet to sign a contract and a new ITV2 presenter?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    This is what happens when you publically say you want something. If you don't get it, you look like a fool. He still has the UK show to present.

I thought he was refreshingly honest, he wanted the job and wasn't frightened to say so and I don't think he looks a fool because he didn't it, that's just life.

However it does look like he was lied to, he was pretty confident in declaring he had been the only Brit seriously in the running and when he didn't get it said that they probably wanted an American host. If I was him I'd be more angry about THAT than not getting the job.

The PTB have publicly humiliated/snubbed him, HE hasn't actually done anything wrong and he has my sympathy. It's a bit of a public slap in the face :(

Either way I bet this makes him more closed mouthed about things in future which is a shame.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I thought he was refreshingly honest, he wanted the job and wasn't frightened to say so and I don't think he looks a fool because he didn't it, that's just life.

However it does look like he was lied to, he was pretty confident in declaring he had been the only Brit seriously in the running and when he didn't get it said that they probably wanted an American host. If I was him I'd be more angry about THAT than not getting the job.

The PTB have publicly humiliated/snubbed him, HE hasn't actually done anything wrong and he has my sympathy. It's a bit of a public slap in the face :(

Either way I bet this makes him more closed mouthed about things in future which is a shame.

As usual Lotty - you speak sense
  • Arthur.CrumbleArthur.Crumble Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may do Cash in the Attic so alls well and all that..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I hear BB calling for Dermot ;)

i hope so :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    It must be annoying for him. I'm sure he would have took it well if he'd lost out to a US host but the fact it's another Brit, and one who wasn't hosting the UK version, makes it worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    As usual Lotty - you speak sense

:o:o:o Thanks sw2963 :)
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think he should ditch tem and host the new bb

i love dermot and no offence to steve jones at all because i like him aswell but i think dermots a better presenter
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still dont get why an American preseneter does not get the gig, with all the US shows in the UK- you dont see US presenters taking the job.

I think X Factor USA will be a flop some how
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Jones has the charisma of a damp sponge, and the personality of a block of wood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    comedy89 wrote: »
    I still dont get why an American preseneter does not get the gig, with all the US shows in the UK- you dont see US presenters taking the job.

I think X Factor USA will be a flop some how

Think of the poor Americans, they have a judge and presenter they've never heard of and might have trouble understanding! No problem for most of us but how many Americans have heard a Geordie accent? And I know that SJ's accent isn't THAT strong you can still imagine a few viewers going 'wad did he say? And as for her, is that even English?' :D

(I have a friend who went to Uni in Kansas (I think) and he has an accent very similar to Cheryl Cole's. His first tutor asked him to stay behind one day and said to him very concerned 'you speak English very well but I know it isn't your first language - if you need any extra help with the language just let me know' :D:D Was MOST surprised to find out he was English born and bred! I wonder if when Cheryl first appears she's excited because she recognises the accent!)

EDIT: Got sidetracked :o I agree comedy 89, there are plenty Americans who could have hosted the programme. SC seems to want to mount a British invasion of the TV in America!
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt more because mr jones is known a tiny bit more than dermot over in USA? if its down to that then dermot has no reason to feel down
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahahaha. Steve Jones?????

This show will fail miserably. He'll be like Vernon Kay on the American Dancing On Ice which got cancelled.

Scherzinger and Jones have zero personality, just watch Jones hosting any BBC show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot still has the biggest presenting job on UK television tbf...perhaps not much compared to US TV, but at least he's not on at 2am on QVC....or presenting Loose Women.

I honestly think the only reason Steve has been chosen is because he's conventionally attractive...I guess he's a competent presenter, but he's quite dull and wooden whereas I've always been impressed by Dermot. (Although, I should add that Dermot is hardly unattractive - just Steve is more 'conventionally' Hollywood hot).
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Is Fox going to provide sub titles for the US X factor given that many viewers will really struggle to follow Steve Jones and Cheryl Cole's accents.

If I was an American I would boycott the show - 300million people to choose from and they get Cole and Jones. How insulting!
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot is not brash enough for America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    300million people to choose from and they get Cole and Jones. How insulting!

Just goes to show if you are ever granted a wish "you should ask for fame and fortune NOT Talent"
    :p