Options

EastEnders: Cora is a vile human being...

Comments

• Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't liked Cora for a while, but I actually don't blame her for this one. If you look at it from her perspective, there is a man who has admitted soliciting a prostitute in court, up acting the family man beside his wife and kids. Throw in the fact that she believes that her daughter is basically being preyed upon by men like him in order to fund her addiction then I actually understand why the perceived hypocrisy might irk her enough to want to lash out at him, without even thinking. Remember, she has her own relationship with Stan at risk here too - so clearly she's not rational at that moment.

The real villain in this piece is Ian, who is just standing there letting his ~friend be humiliated and his reputation pulled apart in order to save his own cowardly skin. The guilt trip he laid on Mick in the first place was bad enough, but this is just pathetic.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's not Rainie throwing herself at men. It's their fault. Not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I've never liked Cora. :(
    Poor Mick and his family.
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to admit that Cora's a GILF though.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great posts Kit Kat, Big Fan and shrinking violet. Its a shitty thing to do but she's brimming with righteous indignation on behalf of her daughter, however misguided. And of course what's the use of a ticking bomb if its not going to explode?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Great posts Kit Kat, Big Fan and shrinking violet. Its a shitty thing to do but she's brimming with righteous indignation on behalf of her daughter, however misguided. And of course what's the use of a ticking bomb if its not going to explode?

Cora is a wonderful character played by a superb actress - it's about time she got more gritty storylines.

Plus Tanya Franks is gorgeous - no matter how rough they try and make Rainie look they always fail miserably! :D
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am mesmerised by how Cora's hair expands the more self righteous she becomes.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Cora's a vile, stinking, old lush. F#ck her and her slutty, hooker daughter.

That'll cost you extra darlin ;-)
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cora is a wonderful character played by a superb actress - it's about time she got more gritty storylines.

Plus Tanya Franks is gorgeous - no matter how rough they try and make Rainie look they always fail miserably! :D

Good Post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am mesmerised by how Cora's hair expands the more self righteous she becomes.

There will Cora Drag Queens at Gay Prides all over the UK next year...
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    She's a horrible human leech who imposes herself on others bleeds them dry and really takes full advantage and more of any kindness or goodwill people show before moving onto the next soft touch when they tire of her and kick her out. She did it to Dot, Tanya, Patrick, Max and whoever else. No wonder Rainie is like she is, had good teaching. Just wish this awful character would go and take her granddaughters with her!
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Gigi MichaelsGigi Michaels Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is definitely vile. But a great actress.
    My issue with Mick kerb krawling is...when would he have time? He's always at the Vic, with Linda, with his kids, with his father, swimming....doesn't leave a lot of dirty love time. I'd be suspicious on that point alone.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Mick pleaded guilty to soliciting her daughter. What is she meant to think?

Love Cora and the actress is absolutely brilliant.

She obviously thought that Mick was leading her astray.:p

She is vile. I have never liked her.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Context. She saw Mick admit his guilt, she knows Rainie is on the game and back on drugs, she walked into The Vic to see "hypocrite" Mick Carter playing happy families. We know the true story but Cora doesn't.

Cora can indeed be vile and her motives are often childish and hard to decipher but not in this case.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    :o:o:o Is she selling her body too?

Who, Cora ? Only for medical research surely ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The word Vile is overused on this forum.
  • Options
    LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    The word Vile is overused on this forum.

Where that old hag is concerned we make an exception. :cool:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like Cora, but if I am honest she was a bit of an old cow in tonight's episode. :)
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Context. She saw Mick admit his guilt, she knows Rainie is on the game and back on drugs, she walked into The Vic to see "hypocrite" Mick Carter playing happy families. We know the true story but Cora doesn't.

Cora can indeed be vile and her motives are often childish and hard to decipher but not in this case.

It still wasn't nice of her. It may seem to her, that Mick is a hypocrite but what right does she have to embarrass Mick like that? If she didn't like how he was behaving, she should have just left the pub.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Why the Cora hate? Ann Mitchell is brilliant, I love Cora, well, I love to hate her. These types of characters are always the more interesting imo. :)
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brilliant actress but she wound me up with her pious speech which btw failed to point out that her junkie daughter was the prostitute Mick was with!
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Regardless of what Cora thought about Mick, she actually brought shame upon Linda. She could have spoken to Mick In private but instead her actions cause more pain for Linda who is innocent in all this.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Cora is a lowlife, alchoholic old scumbag with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I despise her with a passion, and not in a way that I enjoy like I enjoy hating Gary Windass.