The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• HannahEEHannahEE Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't post here much (I'm more of a lurker) but isn't it time we were treated with a new Casualty autumn/winter highlights video? We got the last one on the 1st of May, which featured clips up to the 23rd of August - the end of series 28 - and yet there's no sign of a new one on the casualty website
  • NMdum1NMdum1 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was nosing about Radio Times online and found this - http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c47q6f/casualty--series-29---3-home
    I guess you're gonna hate it if you don't like the Queen, but I knew they didn't go to all the effort of bringing in that heart surgeon woman Andrea, who actually could had done to be more hideous I think, just for a one-off appearance. The Humanisation of Constance appears to commence....
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As anybody seen the new autumn trailer? I get the hint that from robyns face that a main cast member dies plus that massive car crash involving 4 of the biggest characters. Poor tess she is involved in that only weeks after suriving a train cash she must be the most unluckiest woman ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As anybody seen the new autumn trailer? I get the hint that from robyns face that a main cast member dies plus that massive car crash involving 4 of the biggest characters. Poor tess she is involved in that only weeks after suriving a train cash she must be the most unluckiest woman ever

And no Fletch to pull her out this time ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And sneakingly similar to the one in Holby City involving Henrik Hanssen, Arthur Digby, Chantelle and Malick.....
  • jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it looks pretty good, i was convinced that Jeff was going to die, but now I'm thinking it will be someone in the crash, unless they have 2 deaths planned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member

Where is the trailer?!
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jboy2k8 wrote: »
    Think it looks pretty good, i was convinced that Jeff was going to die, but now I'm thinking it will be someone in the crash, unless they have 2 deaths planned.

Lily or Ash I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joshua91 wrote: »
    Where is the trailer?!

Its on the website
  • MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily or Ash I think.

I'm sure I saw Ethan in the crash at one point - and also a clip of Cal looking upset on the ED
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trailer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p026jk62

Cal at 1:23 is very interesting. Could it be Ethan?

Max as Batman :D
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jboy2k8 wrote: »

I think that Ash will die in the crash because it doesn't seem like he has any storylines coming up. Also, I think that Jeff will have a sad exit, judging by what Gemma Atkinson has said.
  • jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double death in crash maybe? I got that feeling that Ash was going to die, think it could be how Zoe comes back.
  • NMdum1NMdum1 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too have seen the trailer, I've watched it twice just to see whether I picked it up right. I loathe and detest the music in the background - what is it about these people insisting on putting current pop music that overpowers everything else just to trick you into thinking you are seeing something earth-shattering. Okay, maybe a little cynical there, but it's a good trailer other than that - certainly a few different possibilities presented, one thing seems likely - I don't think they could kill two main-cast members in such a short time given Jeff's imminent departure.

I suspect londongirlGre might have picked a winner - to me it looks like Ash is the candidate for particularly bad things happening, connecting the Robyn-related dots. He hasn't really had anything to do other than sighing disapprovingly in Connie's direction and moaning at Rita since Ella departed under a cloud. Interesting timing, it looks like a lot of it will be popped right in the middle of a run of X Factor on the other-side. And is Tess the most unlucky Nurse ever? The statistical improbability of being in a train-crash (rare) and a serious car-wreck in the same year must be sky-high - but of course that never stopped this lot....

Nice costumes by the way, Honey is going to be diabolical - I can feel it, just as Ned-dy as I feared; it actually looks like the Brothers might be developing some kind of detante cordiale there - perhaps they will finally move us beyond the obvious sibling-rivalry crap and is it just me or is Charlie really good at telling-people where they are going wrong but not brilliant at suggesting workable alternatives. He was about as helpful with Zoe when she was floundering as Clinical Lead, not saying "well you could try doing this", just saying "you're a bit rubbish at this, make a change". Connie doesn't do 'touchy-feeley, let's all be friends', they know that, expecting much change is rather silly and telling her that the troops are unhappy, well, not only will she certainly know that anyway, but it is stating the obvious there Charles....

We shall see....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im almost certain ash dies after re-watching it. Also i remember reading on here in june that a main character will die this autumn
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    If Ash dies, what was the point of bringing him back in the first place? He's been back almost two years, and hasn't really been involved in any huge storylines in that time. Casualty could easily have gone on without him. Is anyone else wondering this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Ash dies, what was the point of bringing him back in the first place? He's been back almost two years, and hasn't really been involved in any huge storylines in that time. Casualty could easily have gone on without him. Is anyone else wondering this?

I think they had high hopes for him but that hasnt really worked out
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on the website

It is probaby me (!), but I am looking at the BBC Casualty website but cannot see any trailers for future episodes :( Would someone please direct me to where I should be looking.

Thanks.
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is probaby me (!), but I am looking at the BBC Casualty website but cannot see any trailers for future episodes :( Would someone please direct me to where I should be looking.

Thanks.

It has been posted by Sez_babe further up the page :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I saw Ethan in the crash at one point - and also a clip of Cal looking upset on the ED

I did ponder Ethan but I thought Cal would look more cut-up if it was him. Plus I think there's more mileage in Ethan/Cal than Ash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact that tess has been put in a crash so soon is possibly deliberate, highlighting the fact Fletch isn't there to save her this time... I think two of them are severely injured, with reference to the amputation... Charlie is talking to
    Someone, Connie I think saying 'you've got a team who are in bits out there and you can't give them what they need', which is probably why she brings Zoe back...

And erika hossington said in an interview that when Zoe comes back, things are different ...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did ponder Ethan but I thought Cal would look more cut-up if it was him. Plus I think there's more mileage in Ethan/Cal than Ash.

Very true. I'm loving Cal/Ethan - I don't think we've even seen their potential yet.

Maybe Cal tries to save Ash but can't and that's why Lofty gives him a sympathetic pat on the arm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Very true. I'm loving Cal/Ethan - I don't think we've even seen their potential yet.

Maybe Cal tries to save Ash but can't and that's why Lofty gives him a sympathetic pat on the arm?

Let's face it, with Ethan, ash, connie and Lily trapped in the car and Zoe gone, that only leaves cal to treat them all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

Yeah, the pat on the arm was telling - I feel like Cal would deserve more than that if it was Ethan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it, with Ethan, ash, connie and Lily trapped in the car and Zoe gone, that only leaves cal to treat them all!

This is true! It begs the question why all the doctors bar Cal are in a car with Tess... where are they all going??
This discussion has been closed.